* Reactive Armor is very effective against Beastmaster's summons during laning stage and entire game. * Timbersaw can quickly clear Beastmaster's summons with his nukes. * Lotus Orb item for Timbersaw can difficult for Primal Roar.
* Timbersaw's pure damage will kill Dragon Knight surprisingly fast, especially if he gets caught in a bad position while laning. * Items Lotus Orb for Timbersaw make Dragon Tail affected stunned back to Dragon Knight's although Timbersaw stricken by Dragon Tail.
* Primal Roar can be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield. * The debuffs from Wild Axes and Poison from Call of the Wild: Boar can also be dispelled by Aphotic Shield. Additional: * Aphotic Shield effectively nullifies Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies. * Even being initiated by Primal Roar, Borrowed Time can make Abaddon extremely difficult to kill.
* Counterspell can helpful blocked off to Dragon Tail. Additional: * Counterspell makes Dragon Tail useless from Dragon Knight. Because stunned with Dragon Tail, Counterspell from Anti-Mage activate makes strong blocked reflected and Dragon Tail 's throw affect stunned return to Dragon Knight. * Mana Break can punish mana pool and mana regen measly from Dragon Knight's.
* Cold Embrace mitigates Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies. * Winter's Curse can turn Beastmaster's summons and Inner Beast against his teammate. Additional: * Beastmaster's summons and Inner Beast are very useful to attack his cursed teammate. * Cold Embrace effectively mitigates Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies.
* Dragon Knight has no built-in disengage from Frost Arrows, and Marksmanship procs ignore base armor, bypassing Dragon Knight’s durability for the most part, making Drow one of the few heroes that can deal enough sustained damage to solo kill Dragon Knight. * With Aghanim's Scepter, Frost Arrows also apply hypothermia stacks, reducing her target’s regen, which is especially potent against tanks like Dragon Knight. (A similar effect can also be achieved with an Eye of Skadi).
* Frostbite kills boars instantly on the laning stage leading to either experience lead or disabling Beastmaster from using Boar * Crystal Nova nukes and slows down the attack and movement speed of Beastmaster's summons. * Freezing Field grants improved self armor, nukes and slows down Beastmaster and his summons.
* Static Link saps Dragon Knight of his already low base damage, making him even more useless in a fight if he gets kited. * Storm Surge makes Razor much faster than Dragon Knight, and hard to catch. * Eye of the Storm melts Dragon Knight's armor and bypasses Black King Bar, his core item.
* Untouchable negates Inner Beast's attack speed bonus, making her hard to kill even if stunned by Primal Roar. * Enchantress can also take control of Beastmaster's summons. Additional: * Enchant can control Beastmaster's boars, mitigating his effectiveness during the laning stage and teamfights.
* Huskar can burn down Dragon Knight's health quickly during the early to mid game, but is not as effective during the late game. However, Life Break remains a constant threat due to the slow and percentage-based damage.
Additional: * Huskar can negate Dragon Knight's passive with multiple trades of Burning Spear.
* Heroes that withstand damage like Timbersaw, Bristleback, Dragon Knight and others will have their durability largely reduced when hit by an Ice Blast due to the risk of shattering.
Additional: * Cold Feet and Ice Vortex both hinder Dragon Knight's movement greatly during teamfights. * Ice Blast ignores Dragon Knight's armor, disables his health regeneration, and kills him prematurely.
* Heroes that lose a great amount of their tankiness and become easier to finish off: Bristleback, Spectre, Phantom Assassin, Enchantress, Dragon Knight. * Once you have an Aghanim's Scepter, Shadow Demon instantly reaches a new power spike and becomes a counter for a variety of heroes that have strong passives. * Heroes that lose a great amount of their tankiness and become easier to finish off: Bristleback, Spectre, Phantom Assassin, Enchantress, Dragon Knight. * Heroes that lose a great amount of damage output and become less threatening: Phantom Assassin, Sven, Slark, Phantom Lancer. * You can always stack camps and farm the scepter with Shadow Poison.
* In general, heroes with long cooldowns on their abilities or ultimate will struggle against the relentless pressure provided by Dark Rift or Fiend's Gate (Requires Aghanim's Scepter): Terrorblade, Dragon Knight, Omniknight.
* Heartstopper Aura and Reaper's Scythe go right through Dragon Knight's armor.
* Enemies that possess high defenses through magic resistance, damage reduction, or high regeneration will make it difficult to whittle their health down to get to Reaper's Scythe's threshold. Such heroes include Bristleback (although only from behind), Spectre, Ursa, and Dragon Knight.
* In the early game, a Dragon Knight without Black King Bar is basically defenseless against Viper. * Viper can harass Dragon Knight at any time with his Poison Attack. * Corrosive Skin reduces damage from Dragon Fire and inflicts damage to him. * Nethertoxin disables Dragon Blood, negating his main survivability. * Viper Strike and Poison Attack can severely slow him down even with his Elder Dragon Form. Additional: * Dragon Knight is easily harassed by Poison Attack after the laning stage ends. * Corrosive Skin protects Viper from Breathe Fire and returns damage. * Nethertoxin mitigates Dragon Blood, Dragon's Knight main source of armor and health regeneration. * Between Poison Attack and Viper Strike, Viper can keep Dragon Knight permanently slowed even in Elder Dragon Form.
* Illusion or summon-based heroes can be a problem to Viper due to his lack of AoE damage: Naga Siren, Phantom Lancer, Beastmaster
* Attacks from Boars and the attack speed boost from Inner Beast will quickly wear down Refraction.
* Despite the armor reduction from Meld, Templar Assassin's reliance on physical damage and medium attack speed is unlikely to harm Dragon Knight. * Templar Assassin's Refraction charges also get quickly removed by the damage over time from Dragon Knight's ultimate. Additional: * The damage over time from Dragon Knight's Elder Dragon Form rapidly burns down Refraction, allowing him to attack her. * Also, Breathe Fire reduces Templar Assassin's damage and Dragon Tail is a stun with a considerable duration, letting him and his team whittle her health down once her defenses wear off. * Templar Assassin will struggle to kill Dragon Knight thanks to his high armor and health regen from Dragon Blood as she deals entirely physical damage.
* Wild Axes, Primal Roar and Drums of Slom can deal high damage to Chen and clear waves of his creeps. * Even though Chen can take control of the Boar from Call of the Wild Boar at any time with Holy Persuasion, which could put Beastmaster in a disadvantage against Chen. Skilled Beastmaster can buy Helm of the Overlord to regain control of it to counter this problem. * Smart Beastmaster can also buy Bloodthorn to prevent Chen from taking control of the Boar from Call of the Wild Boar and make Chen more vulnerable to Beastmaster.
* Heroes with strong area-of-effect damage can make quick work of Chen's converted creeps and at same time gain farm: Magnus, Jakiro, Shadow Fiend, Kunkka, Luna, Dragon Knight, Medusa, Alchemist.
* Heroes with disables that ignore spell immunity will render Phantom Assassin quite useless in teamfights throughout the game: Axe, Enigma, Vengeful Spirit, Doom, Bane, Beastmaster, Pudge, Medusa, Warlock.
* Heroes that rely on physical damage are ineffective against Dragon Knight due to his high armor: Phantom Assassin,Bloodseeker, Lifestealer, Troll Warlord, Sven
* The Hawk can easily find Monkey King while he is sitting on a tree. * Wild Axes can knock out Monkey King from tree. * Boars drastically reduce Monkey King's attack speed, making it harder for him to gain Jingu Mastery stacks. Additional: * Wild Axes can chop down trees, making it difficult for Monkey King to utilize Tree Dance well. * Call of the Wild Hawk can scout Monkey King when he is perched on top of trees. * Primal Roar can stun Monkey King for a lengthy duration even with spell immunity.
* If Silencer can't prevent Dragon Knight from using Elder Dragon Form, Silencer's spells aren't going to be that effective against him, as Dragon Knight relies on right-clicks and not spells. * Dragon Blood's armor bonus and health regeneration allows Dragon Knight to stay in the lane against Glaives of Wisdom. * Dragon Knight often builds Black King Bar, allowing him to remove Global Silence before engaging.
* Breathe Fire will clear Broodmother's spiderites while significantly damaging her spiderlings and decreasing their damage output. * Dragon Blood's added armor and regen mitigates the damage done by Broodmother and her spiders. * Elder Dragon Form at level 2 and above applies splash damage to Dragon Knight's auto attacks.
* The dragon's splash damage wears down his illusions. * Early harassment with Breath of Fire hinders his farming. * Fireball stops his pushes and allows for a defence. Additional: * Breathe Fire and Elder Dragon Form's splash damage takes out Phantom Lancer's illusions quickly. * If Dragon Knight can Dragon Tail the real Phantom Lancer, he and his team can quickly kill him before he has a chance to escape.
* Skywrath Mage also has a terrible time fighting against anything that isn't a hero. His skills are mostly target-based and he has terrible strength and agility, he can easily be kited or harassed by illusion-based heroes like Chaos Knight and Phantom Lancer, or by Heroes that summon other units like Lone Druid, Lycan and Beastmaster.
* Heroes with both illusions and summons, for Io has nothing to deal with multiple enemies at once outside from Spirits's weak area-of-effect: Beastmaster, Broodmother, Chaos Knight, Lycan, Naga Siren, Nature's Prophet, Phantom Lancer, Shadow Shaman, Terrorblade, Visage, Warlock, Wraith King.
* Heroes with high armor like Dragon Knight, or with abilities to cause attacks to miss like Phantom Assassin, Riki and Tinker will be hard to deal with, as Clinkz relies almost entirely on physical attacks.
Additional: * The extra damage from Searing Arrows is largely blocked by Dragon Knight's armor. * Clinkz has too low health to survive a gank.Getting stunned keeps him down long enough for a reaction. * Breathe Fire reduces his damage,as it is physical.
* Durable heroes relied a lot on their main passive effects and items' effects such as Bristleback, Underlord, Spectre and Dragon Knight can be disabled easily with Sharpshooter's break, reducing their potential in teamfights.
* Wild Axes destroys large amounts of trees specially upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter,
* Shadow Fiend's Presence of the Dark Lord reduces Dragon Knight's armor considerably, and his strong base attacks are augmented by his Necromastery.
* Dragon Tail can be used to cancel Requiem of Souls. * Breathe Fire reduces Shadow Fiend's damage even further. * Dragon Knight's high strength and Dragon Blood means that he'll be able to tank Shadow Fiend's right clicks.
* Fury swipes can tear Dragon knight down as it stacks infinitely.
* Primal Roar and the slow from Boars makes kiting Ursa very easy.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.