* Doppelganger lets Phantom Lancer instantly escape from Kinetic Field. * Doppelganger is one of the most reliable ways to dodge Glimpse, other than spell immunity. * Doppelganger dispels Thunder Strike. * However, even with the negation of the rest of his kit, Static Storm (especially when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter) remains as one of the strongest lockdowns against Phantom Lancer, and as such Disruptor must never be underestimated. Additional: * Doppelganger is a very reliable tool against Glimpse, enabling him to dodge it consistently. * Doppelganger also allows Phantom Lancer to escape from Kinetic Field so long as there isn't a Static Storm on top of him.
* Phantom Lancer with Diffusal Blade will very quickly burn Medusa's mana, making Mana Shield significantly less effective. * Doppelganger's 1 second invulnerability can be used to dodge Medusa's petrification from Stone Gaze, as well as Mystic Snake. * Phantom Lancer's illusions outnumber Medusa's targets from Split Shot, likely shielding his team in the process.
* Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* With Smoke Screen, Riki will silence and catch Medusa in a surprise with high miss chance flushing her from positions easily in team fights. * He can deal a huge amount of damage through Cloak and Dagger, even through Mana Shield.
* Heroes that can pick you off: Clinkz, Nyx Assassin, Puck, Riki.
* With her passive Split Shot, Medusa can be easily interrupted by Spiked Carapace during combat, especially during her precious Stone Gaze. * Mana Burn quickly destroys Mana Shield, especially if Medusa only increases her mana pool by bolstering intelligence (which has the added bonus of increasing Mana Burn's damage). * Uncontrollable damage from Mystic Snake and Split Shot can trigger Spiked Carapace. * Medusa lacks single target damage, making a Burrowed Nyx Assassin hard to kill. Additional: * Vendetta burns a significant amount of mana on hit, and the damage from the ability drains Medusa's mana pool even further. * Due to the passive nature of Mystic Snake and Split Shot, it can possibly proc Nyx's Spiked Carapace if he's within range of Medusa's abilities and isn't invisible. * Medusa lacks single target damage, making Nyx with Aghanim's Scepter extremely hard to deal with if Medusa is the team's main damage source.
* Heroes that depend on disrupting fights with ability combos or big ultimate abilities are vulnerable to the long stun of Fiend's Grip: Disruptor, Death Prophet, Enigma, Faceless Void, Invoker, Lich, Magnus, Mars, Medusa, Outworld Destroyer, Phoenix, Puck, Queen of Pain, Shadow Fiend, Treant Protector, Underlord, Winter Wyvern, Witch Doctor, Zeus.
* Fiend's Grip provides mana drain, which can heavily damage Mana Shield and prevent Medusa from using Stone Gaze. * Even if she does use Stone Gaze, Nightmare can buy enough time to protect allies and reset the fight. Additional: * Fiend's Grip leaves Medusa defenseless, since not only does it deal damage, it also drains mana.
* Heroes with silences : Bloodseeker, Riki, Silencer.
* Silencer burns easily through her effective HP from Mana Shield, by taking away her intelligence. * Arcane Curse punishes her repeatedly casting Mystic Snake to keep her mana pool high. He can force her to use Manta Style before he has cast Global Silence and Medusa usually does not want to build Black King Bar.
* Sniper can kill Disruptor while he is trapped by Kinetic Field from a long range. * Sniper generally stays in the back, making it hard for Disruptor to cast any of his skills on him in lane.
* Medusa is a fairly immobile hero that deals damage around her with Split Shot. Sniper should outrange her and should stay out of harm's way from Split Shot. * More importantly, Sniper should have enough attack range to fire at Medusa during her Stone Gaze without turning to stone, so the ultimate is mostly wasted against him. Additional: * Sniper can outrange both Medusa's arrows and Stone Gaze, allowing him to focus her down during a teamfight.
* Heroes with catch to disrupt Sniper's positioning and deliver him into the enemies: Batrider, Disruptor, Pudge, Vengeful Spirit.
* He can use either his own or his double's Flux to bypass the spellblock from Linken's Sphere, using the leftover Flux + Spark Wraith to slow Medusa's already low move speed to a crawl. * Arc Warden has a farming advantage with double Hand of Midas, and can generally bully Medusa with other items that benefit from duplication.
* Phantasm removes Glimpse and dispels Thunder Strike. Additionally, the Phantasm illusions make it difficult to use Glimpse and Thunder Strike on the real Chaos Knight. * Disruptor's lack of mobility, combined with his lack of innate defense, sets him up for a Reality Rift and a beatdown by Chaos Knight and his illusions.
* Webbed areas can be used to hit and run, covering distance hastily weakening her on the way and initiating ganks. * Even though Medusa can hunt down Spiderlings easily when given enough range, Silken Bola will cause her attacks to miss and get her swarmed in no time. * Medusa usually does not build a Black King Bar to benefit from Mana Shield fully while Broodmother can fit a Diffusal Blade to burn away all of Medusa's mana. Additional: * Spin Web will allow Broodmother to pick her own fights and sometimes slip away to ambush Medusa. * Though Medusa's Split Shot and Mystic Snake can help Medusa deal with Broodmother's spiderlings, Broodmother will create too much of them for her to handle, allowing her to outnumber Medusa's targets from Split Shot and shield her team in process.
* E.M.P. allows Invoker to burn Medusa's mana to weaken Mana Shield. * Medusa's lack of mobility makes her easy to kite with Invoker's spells. Additional: * E.M.P. is a large mana burn nuke which can hit Medusa's Mana shield with enough damage to lose even more mana. * Deafening Blast disarms Medusa's ability to deal pseudo-AOE damage during teamfights. * Cold Snap allows the opposing team to repeatedly stun Medusa in short succession, preventing her from successfully casting her ultimate due to its long cast time.
* With Static Link, Razor can effectively make Medusa useless in teamfights by reducing her main damage output. It can, however, be blocked by a Linken's Sphere. * Plasma Field allows Razor to get on top of Medusa, slowing her already slow movement speed to a mere crawl. * Eye of the Storm capitilizes on Medusa's low armor and causes her to be very vulnerable, even through Mana Shield.
* Phoenix with Supernova * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Brewmaster with Primal Split * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Medusa's tankiness doesn't help her very much against Fury Swipes in long teamfights. * With no escape mechanism and a slow movement speed, getting jumped on by Ursa usually spells a quick end for Medusa in the early game. Additional: * Ursa's status resistance from Enrage reduces duration of Medusa's Stone Gaze. * Ursa can stack damage with Fury Swipes easily against her Mana Shield in a prolonged team match.
* Ursa struggles against heroes with strong (and especially undispellable) disables (Disruptor, Puck, Shadow Demon, Outworld Destroyer and etc).
* Bulwark can make each of Medusa's attacks target him instead, reducing Medusa's contribution on team fights. * Spear of Mars stuns Medusa and also pushes her away from teamfights, taking advantage of Medusa's low mobility. * Arena Of Blood blocks Medusa's attacks from outside the arena.
* Medusa's Stone Gaze forces Mars to choose between getting petrified, or turning his vulnerable back on Medusa.
* Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Heroes that build Diffusal Blade or can fit it well into their item build will also make Medusa much less tanky: Riki, Naga Siren, Terrorblade, Juggernaut, Spectre, Slark.
* Medusa's Split Shot and Mystic Snake combined with Mjollnir, a common item for Medusa, will whittle down all of Naga Siren's illusions, including Naga Siren herself. * Medusa's Stone Gaze can disable Naga Siren even for the duration of Song of the Siren and even if Naga Siren is spell immune, discouraging Naga Siren from even trying to use Song of the Siren to save herself or counter-initiate against Medusa. Additional: * Medusa's Split Shot and Mystic Snake combined with Mjollnir, a common item for Medusa, will whittle down all of Naga Siren's illusions, including Naga Siren herself. * Medusa's Stone Gaze can disable Naga Siren even for the duration of Song of the Siren and even if Naga Siren is spell immune, discouraging Naga Siren from even trying to use Song of the Siren to save herself or counter-initiate against Medusa.
* Disruptor can disable Magnus's Blink Dagger using Thunder Strike during a considerable duration, disrupting his initiation attempts. * Glimpse brings Magnus back after he escapes with Skewer and/or Force Staff. * Static Storm if used on a fight can prevent Magnus from using Reverse Polarity after he jumps in.
* Any hero who can counter-initiate in anticipation without getting caught in Reverse Polarity: Sven, Omniknight, Enigma, Luna, Naga Siren, Mars, Jakiro, Venomancer, Elder Titan, Faceless Void, Rubick, Keeper of the Light, Pugna, Invoker, Spectre, Alchemist, Treant Protector, Lina, Oracle, Zeus, Shadow Shaman, Phoenix, Razor, Huskar, Batrider, Kunkka, Tidehunter, Wraith King, Sand King, Medusa, Dawnbreaker.
* Heroes that punish mobile heroes: Bloodseeker, Keeper of the Light, Kunkka, Disruptor.
* If Medusa activates Stone Gaze before Spirit Breaker reaches her with Charge of Darkness, the charge will inevitably fail. * Medusa has three ways to counter Spirit Breaker's Charge of Darkness: Stone Gaze can disable Spirit Breaker's Charge of Darkness if he faces Medusa directly. Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Mystic Snake can disable Spirit Breaker and cancel his Charge of Darkness if it hits him. And Cold Blooded provided by Aghanim's Shard that can cast a single-targeted Mystic Snake at Spirit Breaker if he uses Charge of Darkness on her. * Mana Shield and overall tankiness allows Medusa to easily survive Spirit Breaker's initiation. And to make things worse, Spirit Breaker is not a common Diffusal Blade nor Disperser wielder to counter this problem at all. * Overall, any attempt for Spirit Breaker to gank and kill Medusa will hurt him more than the other way around.
* Doom, Disruptor with Aghanim's Scepter, Dazzle with Aghanim's Shard, and hex abilities all prevent item usage, which is a severe problem for Phantom Assassin as it prevents her from using Black King Bar, the one item that helps protect her against the aforementioned dangers. Doom and Shadow Demon with Aghanim's Scepter also disables Phantom Assassin's Evasion and Critical Strike, removing much of her damage and survivabaility.
* Heroes with disables that ignore spell immunity will render Phantom Assassin quite useless in teamfights throughout the game: Axe, Enigma, Vengeful Spirit, Doom, Bane, Beastmaster, Pudge, Medusa, Warlock.
* Doom does not disable Mana Shield. As such, Doom's damage is largely mitigated by her mana shield. Additionally, Medusa is not reliant on her abilities to be effective during a teamfight, making Medusa an unproductive hero to target. * Medusa is an ideal Linken's Sphere carrier. Should one be purchased, and without any additional disables, Doom may find that few opportunities exist to effectively lockdown, disable, and kill Medusa.
* Mana Shield makes it very hard for Sven to burst her within Storm Hammer's stun duration. * Stone Gaze makes it very difficult for Sven to fight Medusa at any stage of the game. * Mystic Snake can slow Sven down enough for allies to capitalize on his commitment in a fight. Additional: * Stone Gaze allows Medusa to easily kite and kill Sven. * Mana Shield negates much of Sven's burst damage.
* At around the 10-minute mark, Disruptor would normally be level 6 or 7. This means you can have a level 3/4 glimpse along with Static Storm. A high level glimpse is enough to pull Storm back to a Static Storm even after he used Ball Lightning due to his limited mana pool at that time. * Be careful in the late game however, as there is a good chance he will kill you straight-out before Glimpse has finished bringing him back. Therefore Glimpse would simply bring him back to safety after he's murdered you or a teammate. Of course, this is assuming he hasn't silenced you with an item.
* Glimpse will return Underlord or any of his teammates attempting to escape with Dark Rift if timed correctly. * Underlord is a slow and low mobility hero, easy to set up Static Storm and Kinetic Field, preventing him from using his abilities as well as preventing him using Fiend's Gate to escape.
* Medusa's Split Shot can make quick work of Enigma's Eidolons and take advantage of their considerable bounty. * Medusa can also kill Eidolons with her Mystic Snake that can also greatly damage Enigma and drain some of his mana. * If Medusa activates Stone Gaze at the start of a fight, it can make initiating and landing an effective Black Hole exceedingly difficult, because Stone Gaze can cancel Enigma's Black Hole even through spell immunity, which can discourage Enigma from even trying to initiate with Black Hole. Additional: * Medusa's Split Shot can make quick work of Enigma's Eidolons and take advantage of their considerable bounty. * If Medusa activates Stone Gaze at the start of a fight, it can make initiating — and landing an effective Black Hole exceedingly difficult. Stone Gaze can cancel Enigma's Black Hole even through spell immunity, which can discourage Enigma from initiating with Black Hole.
* Glimpse moves Clockwerk away from allies struck by Hookshot, or under attack by Battery Assault. * Static Storm can turn Power Cogs into Clockwerk's own grave, and if Disruptor has Aghanim's Scepter, then Clockwerk will not be able to use Blade Mail to return damage at all.
* Thunder Strike provides vision of Monkey King when he's in the trees. The periodic damage will also keep Monkey King from using Tree Dance if he's on the ground. * Glimpse pulls Monkey King out of the trees if he attempts to escape using Tree Dance, and can cause Wukong's Command to end prematurely if Monkey King is Glimpsed out of its radius. * However, if Monkey King strikes first, if he has already casted Wukong's Command, Disruptor's abilities will not be much of an use
* Kinetic Field prevents Dawnbreaker from escaping with Celestial Hammer. * Kinetic Field and Static Storm can pin down Dawnbreaker after she jumps in with Solar Guardian. * Glimpse can force Dawnbreaker out of a fight right after she uses Solar Guardian.
* Thunder Strike gives vision of Queen of Pain when she's trying to escape. When combined with Glimpse, her mobility and hit-and-run style can be negated. * While in a team fight, Static Storm forces Queen of Pain to only use right-clicks. * When combined with the Kinetic Field, she can only wait until she respawns. Additional: * Blink and positioning is crucial for Queen of Pain. These factors are heavily countered by a good Glimpse. * Static Storm is devastating for Queen as she relies heavily on her spells to inflict heavy burst damage.
* Thunder Strike can be used to cancel Earthshaker's Blink Dagger. * Glimpse brings Earthshaker back after he jumps on Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Enchant Totem. * Static Storm if used on a fight can prevent Earthshaker from executing his combo after blinking in with Blink Dagger.
* Should Luna choose to buy Manta Style, Medusa will be able to kill illusions from them with Split Shot and Mjollnir, which is a common item on Medusa. * Mystic Snake allows Medusa to easily harass Luna and steal mana from her, preventing Luna from retaliating with Lucent Beam. * Medusa can survive Eclipse thanks to Mana Shield, which can cause Luna to struggle greatly in bursting down Medusa and force her to buy Diffusal Blade and it's upgrade Disperser. * Even with Black King Bar, Medusa's Stone Gaze will still be able to disable Luna, which could even discourage her from counter-initiating with Eclipse. * For the same reasons, Medusa makes a very powerful ally for Luna when they are in the same team. Additional: * Should Luna choose to buy Manta Style, Medusa will be able to kill illusions from them with Split Shot and Mjollnir, which is a common item on Medusa. * Mystic Snake allows Medusa to easily harass Luna and steal mana from her, preventing Luna from retaliating with Lucent Beam. * Medusa can survive Eclipse thanks to Mana Shield, and since Luna is not a hero that often goes for Diffusal Blade, she will struggle greatly in bursting down Medusa. * Even with Black King Bar, Medusa's Stone Gaze will still be able to disable Luna, which could even discourage her from counter-initiating with Eclipse. * For the same reasons, Medusa makes a very powerful ally for Luna when they are in the same team.
* Mana Shield can tank most of the damage from Reaper's Scythe; with sufficient mana, the kill threshold drops significantly. * Necrophos has a movement speed equal to Medusa, and is easy to chase down with a slowing item in Medusa's inventory.
* Her Mana Shield is too tough for Lycan to break. * Mystic Snake can hit for a massive damage once it spread between his summons. Additional: * Can be easily petrified despite his speed. * Summoned wolves will be targeted by Split Shot or Mystic Snake
* Disruptor can always Glimpse back Io or his target after he Relocated nearby. * Even better, thanks to the indicator on the ground, you can even preemptively drop Static Storm and Kinetic Field on the spot they will relocate to. * Thunder Strike and Glimpse are also good tools to bring back an Io that Tethered away in the fog of war. Additional: * Glimpse directly negates Relocate. * Kinetic Field prevents Io from escaping with Tether. * Static Storm can silence and damage both, Io and it's tethered target. And it can also mute both, Io and it's tethered target when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter
* Medusa's Split Shot can easily kill Chen's creeps. * Mystic Snake can quickly kill Chen's creeps and deal intense damage for every killed creep while also draining their mana with each bounce. Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Mystic Snake can also disable both, Chen and his creeps upon impact. * Mana Shield will make it impossible for Chen to burst down Medusa. * Stone Gaze can disable Chen from using Hand of God to save himself or his allies.
* Tusk with Snowball * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Glimpse can return Tusk to where he was after using Snowball. * Static Storm prevents Tusk from escaping with Snowball and when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter, it will also prevent him from using items.
* Other heroes who has armor and slow debuffs won't allow Medusa to disengage from combat: Tidehunter, Bristleback, Slardar.
* In the mid-game, Tidehunter relies on Kraken Shell to stay alive and get his Ravage off. Apart from Thunder Strike, none of Disruptor's abilities can be dispelled, so it's rather easy to trap him inside Kinetic Field and Static Storm. * Be mindful, however, that Kraken Shell still makes Tidehunter very tanky, so be sure that you can kill him with your combo or your partners while he is silenced and trapped.
* Hard carries who just want to farm and be left alone will not appreciate Primal Beast, heroes such as Medusa, Drow Ranger...
* Glimpse can prevent Primal Beast from initiating for most of the game with Onslaught. * While Static Storm is not much of a threat in terms of damage, it does prevent Primal Beast from casting any spells for a long period of time if also trapped in Kinetic Field. * Overall, Disruptor forces Primal Beast to buy a Black King Bar much earlier than he might like but becomes a major threat to Disruptor once he does.
* Medusa lacks mobility or escape mechanisms. Earth Spike and Hex can neutralize her strong damage potential and allow for Lion's team to focus her down. * In addition to easily breaking her commonly bought Linken's Sphere with its low cooldown, Mana Drain can quickly drain her Mana Shield, making her far less tanky. * Mana Drain, along with Hex, destroy illusions instantly, which may be extremely helpfull and efficient against core builders of Manta Style, like Medusa herself.
* Just like Rubick, the Disruptor may effortlessly put Lion in life threatning danger and render him helpless by manipulating his position with Glimpse. * Disruptor's longer cast range and lingering disable makes Lion struggle to defend himself, possibly being affected by Disruptor's abilities without even seeing the thrall.
* Puck with Phase Shift * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Heroes who are strong against mobile heroes: Disruptor, Bloodseeker, Kunkka, Keeper of the Light.
* Medusa cannot chase Slark in any way and has no disable beyond her ultimate, making her unable to stop him getting away and regenerating before coming back to finish her off. * Essence Shift particularly removes 1 intelligence point per hit, thus lowering Medusa's mana pool's cap and leaving her much more vulnerable in prolonged fights. Additional: * Medusa is especially vulnerable to Essence Shift, as both strength and intelligence contribute to her effective HP, while agility contributes to her damage. * Dark Pact when timed right can be used to dispel Stone Gaze right after it petrifies Slark, allowing him to keep attacking Medusa throughout the duration.
* Thunder Strike provides vision on him while Slark is invisible. * Glimpse's range at lvl 3-4 is more than enough to pull him back to a favorable position for your team to group up and kill him. * Even though he is capable of picking you off and deal enough damage to kill you, Slark will be literally sticking his neck out, since jumping on Disruptor means being on his battleground. * AoE silence and the ability to mute Black King Bar is deadly to Slark at all stages of the game. Additional: * Static Storm and Kinetic Field locks down Slark, as he cannot use Dark Pact to dispel any disables, or Pounce out while silenced. * Glimpse puts an end to any attempts at ganking Disruptor or his allies, and also negates Slark's mobility by bringing him back into the fight if he tries to escape with Pounce.
* Axe can take advantage of Medusa's awfully low HP to insta-kill her with Culling Blade, making it extremely difficult for her to farm for items to compensate for the lack of strength during early and mid-game while Axe is continuously harassing around.
* Mana Shield reduces the effectiveness of Counter Helix. * Stone Gaze makes it very difficult for Axe to initiate on Medusa and her allies.
* Anti-Mage easily destroys Mana Shield with Mana Break, especially once he has Manta Style. * Anti-Mage effectively avoids Stone Gaze with Blink, and can reinitiate after its duration is over. Additional: * Mana Break burns Medusa's mana easily, especially when coupled with a Manta Style. * Can easily initiate on Medusa with Blink, burning her mana or forcing her to use Stone Gaze. * Mana Void is effective against Medusa's big mana pool and mana usage, presenting a huge hazard to Medusa's allies around her since her Mana Shield still gives her some protection if she has mana.
* Glimpse brings Anti-Mage back after he Blinks away. * Static Storm stops Anti-Mage from Blinking. Additional: * Similar to Queen of Pain, Glimpse can disable Blink, negating his mobility. * However, Counterspell can negate a majority of Disruptor's damage, which may require him to have a partner to successfully kill Anti-Mage.
* Other heroes who has armor and slow debuffs won't allow Medusa to disengage from combat: Tidehunter, Bristleback, Slardar.
* Medusa cares less than other heroes about armor reduction, since Mana Shield blocks 70% of all damage without taking armor/magic resistance into consideration. This makes 60% of your Corrosive Haze ineffective until Medusa's mana is drained.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.