* Counterspell can helpful blocked off to Dragon Tail. Additional: * Counterspell makes Dragon Tail useless from Dragon Knight. Because stunned with Dragon Tail, Counterspell from Anti-Mage activate makes strong blocked reflected and Dragon Tail 's throw affect stunned return to Dragon Knight. * Mana Break can punish mana pool and mana regen measly from Dragon Knight's.
* Anti-Mage can withstand magical burst damage much better than other carries, making him effective against nukers: Lich, Necrophos, Oracle, and Leshrac.
Additional: * Counterspell severely reduces Leshrac's magical damage.Counterspell also impacted reflect Lightning Storm and send back to Leshrac's also affected from movement speed. * Leshrac already burns through his own mana with Pulse Nova, Mana Break will burn through even more. * Leshrac's high mana pool will increase the amount of damage Mana Void does to him when his mana is low.
* Huskar can burn down Dragon Knight's health quickly during the early to mid game, but is not as effective during the late game. However, Life Break remains a constant threat due to the slow and percentage-based damage.
Additional: * Huskar can negate Dragon Knight's passive with multiple trades of Burning Spear.
* Heroes with spell immunity: Juggernaut, Pangolier, Huskar.
* Oracle's Fate's Edict will protect an ally from Leshrac's nuking damage. * Oracle's False Promise can dispel Leshrac's stun and slow from his abilities, allowing an ally to escape. * Fortune's End can stop Leshrac from chasing opponents or running away.
* Nether Ward punishes Leshrac's constant mana usage from spamming spells. * Leshrac needs to be in the thick of the fight to deal damage, and so cannot escape from Nether Blast nor Life Drain easily. Additional: * Leshrac needs to be close to target in order to do damage, Pugna can outrun Leshrac with ease due to his superior movement speed. * Split Earth can also be hard to land on Pugna for the same reason. * Leshrac uses huge amounts of mana to do damage, Nether Ward forces him to either not contribute in a fight or kill himself in the process.
* In the early game, a Dragon Knight without Black King Bar is basically defenseless against Viper. * Viper can harass Dragon Knight at any time with his Poison Attack. * Corrosive Skin reduces damage from Dragon Fire and inflicts damage to him. * Nethertoxin disables Dragon Blood, negating his main survivability. * Viper Strike and Poison Attack can severely slow him down even with his Elder Dragon Form. Additional: * Dragon Knight is easily harassed by Poison Attack after the laning stage ends. * Corrosive Skin protects Viper from Breathe Fire and returns damage. * Nethertoxin mitigates Dragon Blood, Dragon's Knight main source of armor and health regeneration. * Between Poison Attack and Viper Strike, Viper can keep Dragon Knight permanently slowed even in Elder Dragon Form.
* Dragon Knight has no built-in disengage from Frost Arrows, and Marksmanship procs ignore base armor, bypassing Dragon Knight’s durability for the most part, making Drow one of the few heroes that can deal enough sustained damage to solo kill Dragon Knight. * With Aghanim's Scepter, Frost Arrows also apply hypothermia stacks, reducing her target’s regen, which is especially potent against tanks like Dragon Knight. (A similar effect can also be achieved with an Eye of Skadi).
* Static Link saps Dragon Knight of his already low base damage, making him even more useless in a fight if he gets kited. * Storm Surge makes Razor much faster than Dragon Knight, and hard to catch. * Eye of the Storm melts Dragon Knight's armor and bypasses Black King Bar, his core item.
* Heroes that withstand damage like Timbersaw, Bristleback, Dragon Knight and others will have their durability largely reduced when hit by an Ice Blast due to the risk of shattering.
Additional: * Cold Feet and Ice Vortex both hinder Dragon Knight's movement greatly during teamfights. * Ice Blast ignores Dragon Knight's armor, disables his health regeneration, and kills him prematurely.
* Durable heroes relied a lot on their main passive effects and items' effects such as Bristleback, Underlord, Spectre and Dragon Knight can be disabled easily with Sharpshooter's break, reducing their potential in teamfights.
* In general, heroes with long cooldowns on their abilities or ultimate will struggle against the relentless pressure provided by Dark Rift or Fiend's Gate (Requires Aghanim's Scepter): Terrorblade, Dragon Knight, Omniknight.
* Heroes with long cast animations can be continuously interrupted by Battery Assault: Centaur Warrunner, Jakiro, Leshrac, Naga Siren, Underlord.
Additional: * Clockwerk naturally builds Blade Mail, reflecting Leshrac's high magic damage output back at him. * Power Cogs will prevent Leshrac from reaching Clockwerk's team and dealing large AOE damage to them. * Power Cogs will also keep Leshrac close, wasting his Diabolic Edict on just Clockwerk. * Battery Assault interrupts Leshrac's long cast times of Split Earth and Lightning Storm.
* Heartstopper Aura and Reaper's Scythe go right through Dragon Knight's armor.
* Enemies that possess high defenses through magic resistance, damage reduction, or high regeneration will make it difficult to whittle their health down to get to Reaper's Scythe's threshold. Such heroes include Bristleback (although only from behind), Spectre, Ursa, and Dragon Knight.
* Timbersaw's pure damage will kill Dragon Knight surprisingly fast, especially if he gets caught in a bad position while laning. * Items Lotus Orb for Timbersaw make Dragon Tail affected stunned back to Dragon Knight's although Timbersaw stricken by Dragon Tail.
* Timbersaw has a difficult time against magical and pure damage: Lina, Leshrac, Enchantress, Queen of Pain
* Despite the armor reduction from Meld, Templar Assassin's reliance on physical damage and medium attack speed is unlikely to harm Dragon Knight. * Templar Assassin's Refraction charges also get quickly removed by the damage over time from Dragon Knight's ultimate. Additional: * The damage over time from Dragon Knight's Elder Dragon Form rapidly burns down Refraction, allowing him to attack her. * Also, Breathe Fire reduces Templar Assassin's damage and Dragon Tail is a stun with a considerable duration, letting him and his team whittle her health down once her defenses wear off. * Templar Assassin will struggle to kill Dragon Knight thanks to his high armor and health regen from Dragon Blood as she deals entirely physical damage.
* Pulse Nova can easily burn Templar Assassin's Refraction charges quickly, and can also hit her with her Meld.
* Breathe Fire will clear Broodmother's spiderites while significantly damaging her spiderlings and decreasing their damage output. * Dragon Blood's added armor and regen mitigates the damage done by Broodmother and her spiders. * Elder Dragon Form at level 2 and above applies splash damage to Dragon Knight's auto attacks.
* Your AoE abilities should make quick work of her spiderlings.
* The dragon's splash damage wears down his illusions. * Early harassment with Breath of Fire hinders his farming. * Fireball stops his pushes and allows for a defence. Additional: * Breathe Fire and Elder Dragon Form's splash damage takes out Phantom Lancer's illusions quickly. * If Dragon Knight can Dragon Tail the real Phantom Lancer, he and his team can quickly kill him before he has a chance to escape.
* Leshrac can easily clear Phantom Lancer's illusions with his huge area of effect damage. Additional: * Leshrac's AoE abilities destroy Phantom Lancer's illusions. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova require no targeting, thus hitting Phantom Lancer whenever he's nearby.
* Heroes whose attacks can affect multiple enemies at once will clear Naga Siren's illusions. Such heroes include Sven, Magnus, Dragon Knight, Luna, Medusa, Templar Assassin, Gyrocopter, Muerta.
* All of Leshrac's abilities, especially Pulse Nova, can easily deal with Naga Siren's illusions. * Aghanim's Scepter gives Leshrac access to Nihilism ability, that allows him to turn himself along with Naga Siren and her illusions to turn ethereal. And to make things worse, Nihilism can slow Naga Siren and her illusions, make them more vulnerable to magical damage and unable to fight back while Leshrac moves faster and does not take increased magical damage for it's duration.
* If Silencer can't prevent Dragon Knight from using Elder Dragon Form, Silencer's spells aren't going to be that effective against him, as Dragon Knight relies on right-clicks and not spells. * Dragon Blood's armor bonus and health regeneration allows Dragon Knight to stay in the lane against Glaives of Wisdom. * Dragon Knight often builds Black King Bar, allowing him to remove Global Silence before engaging.
* Io is a hero who needs to be close to it's tethered target to make it effective, and that's where Leshrac gets the advantage thanks to many of his area-of-effect abilities. * Lightning Storm will usually hit both Io and its tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to both, Io and its tethered target. Additional: * Lightning Storm will usually hit both Io and his Tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump. It can then be followed up by Split Earth. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to Io and his Tethered target.
* Pulse Nova deals an insane amount of damage in an area around him, which can quickly wear down Meepo clones. * Leshrac can catch multiple Meepos in Split Earth and follow up with the rest of his area damage spells making Meepo unable to get close to Leshrac. * Diabolic Edict is a strong ability that can wear down a lone Meepo clone quickly.
* Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units around Leshrac, making it very easy for him to kill the Summon Familiars. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova also deal many instances of damage, nullifying Gravekeeper's Cloak. * Split Earth and Lightning Storm makes it difficult for Visage to kite Leshrac, even while under the effects of Grave Chill.
* As Terrorblade's damage output comes mainly from direct attacks, he will struggle greatly against heroes who have abilities that give evasion, trigger on attack or which can disarm an enemy hero: Centaur Warrunner, Hoodwink, Huskar, Invoker, Leshrac with Nihilism from Aghanim's Scepter, Lifestealer with Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Infest, Pangolier, Phantom Assassin, Pugna, Techies, Windranger etc.
* Heroes with high armor like Dragon Knight, or with abilities to cause attacks to miss like Phantom Assassin, Riki and Tinker will be hard to deal with, as Clinkz relies almost entirely on physical attacks.
Additional: * The extra damage from Searing Arrows is largely blocked by Dragon Knight's armor. * Clinkz has too low health to survive a gank.Getting stunned keeps him down long enough for a reaction. * Breathe Fire reduces his damage,as it is physical.
* Heroes that lose a great amount of their tankiness and become easier to finish off: Bristleback, Spectre, Phantom Assassin, Enchantress, Dragon Knight. * Once you have an Aghanim's Scepter, Shadow Demon instantly reaches a new power spike and becomes a counter for a variety of heroes that have strong passives. * Heroes that lose a great amount of their tankiness and become easier to finish off: Bristleback, Spectre, Phantom Assassin, Enchantress, Dragon Knight. * Heroes that lose a great amount of damage output and become less threatening: Phantom Assassin, Sven, Slark, Phantom Lancer. * You can always stack camps and farm the scepter with Shadow Poison.
* Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova will tear apart any illusions spawned from Disruption * Split Earth can punish improper usage of Disruption. * Leshrac does not have any buffs that can be removed by Demonic Purge. Additional: * Pulse Nova makes quick work of any illusions with amplified damage, and deals damage even if Leshrac is in Disruption. * An attempt to save an ally using Disruption can easily become a perfect setup for a Split Earth for the enemy. * Disruption does not stop Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova once they start pulsing, and even worse it provides a safe shelter for Leshrac to keep pumping up his powerful AoE damage onto the battlefield. * Shadow Demon doesn't have the burst damage to take Leshrac out of the fight quickly, although Demonic Purge can help his allies kill a squishy Leshrac.
* Shadow Fiend's Presence of the Dark Lord reduces Dragon Knight's armor considerably, and his strong base attacks are augmented by his Necromastery.
* Dragon Tail can be used to cancel Requiem of Souls. * Breathe Fire reduces Shadow Fiend's damage even further. * Dragon Knight's high strength and Dragon Blood means that he'll be able to tank Shadow Fiend's right clicks.
* Nyx Assassin's Spiked Carapace will stun Leshrac when hit by any of his AOE abilities. * Mind Flare deals high damage due to Leshrac's high intelligence gain. * Vendetta burns a large amount of Leshrac's essential mana pool.
* Dragon Knight's heavy armor negates Vendetta's burst physical damage. His large HP pool also gives him a good chance of surviving Nyx Assassin's follow-up nuke damage.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.