* Drow Ranger's lack of mobility makes her easy prey for Broodmother and her Spiderlings.
* Broodmother can kill Invoker easily in the early game with her Spawn Spiderlings and her spiderlings. * Broodmother is both an Orchid Malevolence and a Nullifier carrier. As she can farm it early, she can kill Invoker easily.
* Nyx Assassin has a lot of burst damage from his Impale, Mind Flare, Dagon, and the bonus damage from Vendetta. All of this damage is enough to kill Drow Ranger. * Nyx Assassin is usually invisible most of the time thanks to his ability Vendetta, which allows him to gank Drow Ranger easily.
* Nyx Assassin can simply activate Spiked Carapace while under many Invoker's abilities to stun him. * Nyx Assassin takes advantage of Invoker's massive intelligence gain to do tons of damage using Mind Flare, as the spell does more damage based on the target's intelligence. * Vendetta burns a large amount of Invoker's essential mana pool.
* Time Walk could be used to close the distance within Drow Ranger, hindering her Marksmanship bonus. * Faceless Void could lock down Drow Ranger with Chronosphere before she has the chance to retaliate due to her low health pool.
* Time Walk can easily avoid Invoker's combo damage if doesn't have disables. * Chronosphere will reveal Invoker during Ghost Walk. * All of Invoker's hidden cooldowns are affected by Time Dilation, so Faceless Void can easily slow him down a lot. Additional: * Time Dilation prevents Invoker from further invoking for the entire duration of the debuff, as well as massively slowing Invoker based on the large amount of spells he has. * Time Walk will completely negate Invoker's combo damage. * If Invoker is caught in Chronosphere, he will most likely be the primary target due to the large teamfight contribution he can provide.
* Heroes with weaker mobility will struggle to keep up with Night Stalker: Gyrocopter, Ursa, Drow Ranger
* Crippling Fear is a good way to shut down and gank Invoker in the early game.. * Void deals good damage to Invoker and makes escaping harder. * With Hunter in the Night and Void, Invoker can't get away from Night Stalker and won't be able to catch him with Sun Strike during the night.
* Blink Strike gets Riki close to Drow Ranger and disable Marksmanship. * Cloak and Dagger allow Riki stay close to Drow Ranger without her noticing him, which allows him to disable Marksmanship. Additional: * With Blink Strike, Riki can get close to Drow Ranger and disable her Marksmanship, and Smoke Screen will prevent her from using Gust.
* Heroes with silence: Death Prophet, Riki, Drow Ranger.
* Fragile carries with no reliable escaping mechanism can be bursted down in no time: Sniper, Drow Ranger, Clinkz
* Templar Assassin can easily counter Invoker's last hitting process in the early game with Refraction. Refraction also negates the stun from Cold Snap, since it will need to deal damage in order to apply its stun. * Additionally, Refraction completely blocks damage from Sun Strike should Invoker try to finish her off, provided she activate Refraction beforehand.
* Often you can burst Drow Ranger down before she has a chance to try and Gust you away. Try to have a teammate bait her Gust out before you Blink and get the drop on her.
* Queen of Pain usually outlanes Invoker, giving her team a significant early game advantage while Invoker is still farming. * Blink allows Queen of Pain to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
* Heroes reliant on abilities to output damage or escape can be shut down by Gust: Queen of Pain.
* Low-health, normally mobile carries with a lot of damage are vulnerable to Bane's nukes and disables: Anti-Mage, Clinkz, Drow Ranger, Faceless Void, Gyrocopter, Juggernaut, Luna, Meepo, Mirana, Monkey King, Morphling, Phantom Assassin, Phantom Lancer, Riki, Shadow Fiend, Slark, Sniper, Terrorblade, Troll Warlord, Weaver.
* Heroes that depend on disrupting fights with ability combos or big ultimate abilities are vulnerable to the long stun of Fiend's Grip: Disruptor, Death Prophet, Enigma, Faceless Void, Invoker, Lich, Magnus, Mars, Medusa, Outworld Destroyer, Phoenix, Puck, Queen of Pain, Shadow Fiend, Treant Protector, Underlord, Winter Wyvern, Witch Doctor, Zeus.
* Phantom Rush lets Phantom Lancer get close quickly and disable Marksmanship. * As Phantom Lancer commonly buys Manta Style, he can easily dispel Gust and then chase after Drow Ranger. * Because Phantom Lancer is a natural Diffusal Blade carrier, he can easily burn Drow Ranger's mana and render her unable to use Frost Arrow and Gust to save herself.
* Laser along with Heat-Seeking Missile allows Tinker to quickly burst down Drow Ranger due to her low health. * Heat-Seeking Missile lets Tinker out-range Drow Ranger and hit her in the backline of a teamfight.
* Any hero with a low HP pool is easy for Tinker to nuke down: Crystal Maiden, Enchantress, Gyrocopter, Lion, Riki, Techies, Terrorblade, Necrophos, Invoker.
* Heroes that can gain vision over trees to catch Tinker: Invoker, Shadow Demon, Batrider.
Additional: * Tinker is relatively helpless against Invoker, as his Rearm and Boots of Travel can be easily interrupted by Invoker's long range disables, even if he blinks away.
* Shapeshift allows Lycan to get close and disable Marksmanship. * Shapeshift also makes him immune to slows like Drow Ranger's Frost Arrows. Additional: * The Wolves's speed causes the knockback from Gust to be ineffective. * Drow Ranger lacks escapes and loses her Marksmanship when someone is near her. Lycan can take advantage of these weaknesses of Drow Ranger.
* Spectre can easily close the distance on Drow Ranger with Haunt and stick on her with Spectral Dagger, effectively disables her Marksmanship. * Spectre does not care if silenced by Gust, since Spectre will catch her up regardless. * Dispersion can reflect some damage back to Drow Ranger should she chooses to attack. * Be careful once she got her Silver Edge as an attempt to shut you down.
* Quas-Exort Invoker is also a good matchup due to the fact he has no Wex to run faster due to the movement impairment on his stealth. The Forge Spirit and Cold Snap combo doesn't harm her as well since you can drain Invoker's HP with Spirit Siphon which forces him to retreat. * Silence also prevents Invoker from using Invoke or casting his main spells temporarily. There is no way Invoker can block it unless he has Eul's Scepter of Divinity to cyclone himself or has help from allies.
* A well-timed Dark Pact can dispel Frost Arrows and Gust, letting Slark engage and escape freely. * Essence Shift is very detrimental for Drow Ranger as the loss of agility means that Marksmanship will also suffer from getting weakened. * Shadow Dance lets Slark quickly close the gap and deal heavy damage without giving Drow Ranger a chance to retaliate. * Pounce counteracts Frost Arrows's slow, and also allows Slark easily pin Drow Ranger down or flee from her. * Depth Shroud from Aghanim's Shard will allow Slark to save both, himself and his allies and will also allow them to freely fight back against Drow Ranger without her noticing them. Additional: * Pounce and items like Shadow Blade makes it very difficult for Drow Ranger to keep her distance from Slark, thereby losing her Marksmanship bonus. * Gust is rarely enough to keep Slark at bay, as Drow Ranger has no movement abilities and will simply be chased down afterwards. * Drow Ranger's heavy dependence on agility also makes her significantly weaker after being drained by Essence Shift.
* Because Invoker relies on casting a large amount of spells to contribute to fights, Nether Ward can force him to not cast anything at all or take a large amount of damage to cast spells. Additional: * Nether Ward on its own can greatly hinder Invoker from casting many of his abilities, at least until he gets a significant amount of HP or is under the protection of spell immunity from Black King Bar * Life Drain provides True sight, revealing Invoker through Ghost Walk, and forcing him or his allies to use an ability or item to interrupt its channeling * Outside of Nether Ward's range, Invoker shall have the advantage, as Invoker has Tornado to purge Pugna's Decrepify when it is used defensively, Tornado or Cold Snap to prevent Pugna from channeling Life Drain * A poorly used Decrepify on Pugna's allies means Invoker's abilities can be used to deal more damage to them.
* Earth Spirit is a dangerous foe to encounter for Invoker in the early stages of the game. Since Invoker needs to gain levels as fast as possible and is not very strong in the early game, Earth Spirit can use his incredible early game power to gank Invoker and ruin his game plan. * Earth Spirit combines stuns and silences with his spells and can apply them from a great distance. This is bad for Invoker as he is dependent on a smart usage of his spells with Invoke and Earth Spirit can disrupt his combos easily.
* Rage protects Lifestealer from all of Invoker's spells (except for Sun Strike). Additional: * Rage grants immunity from Invoker's spells and can dispel most of the disables such as the armor loss from Forge Spirit and the constant stuns of Cold Snap.
* Meat Hook brings Drow Ranger to Pudge, disabling Marksmanship and dealing a huge amount of damage when combined with Rot and Dismember. * Rot keeps Pudge close to Drow Ranger, continuously disabling Marksmanship. Additional: * Meat Hook can pull Drow Ranger to Pudge, disabling her Marksmanship. * Following up with Dismember will prevent Drow Ranger from using Gust or Shadow Blade.
* Snowball and Ice Shards keep Drow Ranger down and preventing her from running away. * Snowball also lets Tusk get to Drow Ranger and stop her Marksmanship bonus. It can also be to save allies affected by Gust. * Tag Team allows Tusk to slow her down and land a killing blow on her. * Walrus PUNCH! slows Drow Ranger and deals a huge amount of damage to her, due to her low health (and low armor without Marksmanship, since Tusk can quickly close the gap to Drow Ranger).
* Mirana can use Leap to jump right next to Drow Ranger or can approach her while under cover of the invisibility granted by Moonlight Shadow, which cancels the bonus granted to Drow Ranger by Marksmanship. * Her low health makes her easy to burst down with Mirana's spells, especially with Aghanim's Scepter. * Mirana can dodge Gust with good reaction time, or Leap away if Drow tries to slow her without Gust.
* Hookshot lets Clockwerk close the gap to Drow Ranger, disabling her Marksmanship bonus. * Power Cogs and Battery Assault keep Drow Ranger from escaping. * Power Cogs and Battery Assault also keep Drow Ranger close, nullifying Marksmanship. Additional: * Getting trapped in Power Cogs usually means the end for Drow Ranger.
* Drow Ranger has a very low health pool, allowing Lion to burst her down. * Lack of any innate escape mechanism makes her an easy target for Lion's disables. * Early on she can't deal as much damage to be life threatning. Her Gust is her best weapon against Lion.
* While heroes with strong mobility are able to get close or flee from Upheaval, heroes with no escaping abilities or that lack long disables will perish against Warlock. Once the Warlock Golem lands with its stun, its hardly possible to escape when he casts Upheaval. Notable examples: Huskar, Drow Ranger, Lion, Elder Titan, etc.
* Drow Ranger's low mobility and lack of defensive abilities make her an easy gank target in the early to mid-game. * A Dueling Drow Ranger will lose her precious Marksmanship, reduce her damage output significantly, and will more likely lose that Duel.
* Heroes with long lockdowns: Shadow Shaman, Legion Commander.
* Invoker's spells will disable and destroy Legion Commander while she's locked in a Duel.
* Heroes with high physical damage output but lack of reliable escape mechanisms are always a good target for a solo gank: Sniper, Shadow Fiend, Troll Warlord, Drow Ranger. Those heroes, however, are dangerous if they manage to close the gap, so take caution.
* Invoker is heavily dependent on his spells, making him useless during Global Silence, as well as interrupting Invoker during his combo. * Arcane Curse is particularly deadly, because Invoker will continuously lose health if he keeps invoking and casting new spells. * Last Word will silence Invoker when he casts Invoke, interrupting his combo.
* Heroes who rely on passive abilities and attacks, such as Drow Ranger, Wraith King, and Lone Druid, can render Silencer useless. But remember that a smart Silencer will most likely buy Silver Edge to counter this if he is played as carry.
* Berserker's Call forces Drow Ranger to attack Axe up close, disabling her Marksmanship bonus. * Counter Helix occurs more often with Drow Ranger's high attack speed. * Culling Blade is a dangerous ability against a low health hero like Drow Ranger.
* Ranged heroes that can easily harass Axe: Drow Ranger, Sniper, Lion.
* Monkey King can scout Drow Ranger's positioning from the trees, and can jump on her without much trouble, disabling Marksmanship * She lacks innate mobility to escape from Wukong's Command, whose bonus armor gives MK one extra edge in the fight
* Heroes with long animations can be frequently interrupted with Cold Snap: Earthshaker, Monkey King, Shadow FiendLina
* As long as Mars is facing her with Bulwark, even if pushed away with Gust, Drow Ranger will do no effectual damage against him. Mars' ability to endure her onslaught usually gives him enough time to cast Arena of Blood, of which she has a very slim chance surviving without Gust. * With Bulwark's active ability, Mars can protect allies pursued by Drow Ranger by redirecting her projectiles to his shield instead.
* Heroes with high magical or pure damage will bypass Bulwark: Timbersaw, Dark Willow, Enigma, Invoker, Pugna, Skywrath Mage, Tinker, Zeus, Oracle.
* Black Hole while definitely a threat to Drow Ranger, is very hard to land as she likes to keep her distance from allies and enemies alike. And if not caught in it, will kill Enigma very quickly due to his low health. * Malefice can be removed with a Manta Style. * Drow Ranger being a fairly low health, high armored agility carry doesn't take much damage from Midnight Pulse as others would. * Demonic Conversion units die very quickly to Marksmanship or even just regular attacks not far into the game within 2 or 3 hits.
* Heroes who can clear the waves of Enigma's Eidolons: Lina, Luna, Dawnbreaker, Jakiro, Shadow Shaman, Death Prophet, Keeper of the Light, Invoker, Leshrac, Puck.
* Cold Snap can prevent Timbersaw from using both Timber Chain and Chakram due to the frequent stuns interrupting the lengthy cast animations, as well as stopping him mid-chain. This can negate Timbersaw's attempts to escape or dole out extra ability damage. * Later in the game, Invoker's heavy magical and pure damage can be difficult to avoid, meaning Timbersaw's armor is less useful.
* A well-timed Gust will prevent Rubick from casting abilities from Spell Steal, and his lack of capabilities and low health pool usually dies very quickly. * Drow Ranger can dispel Fade Bolt's reduction debuff with Manta Style.
* Heroes with high base damage (Morphling, Tiny, Drow Ranger), heroes with mana burning abilities (Anti-Mage), and Diffusal Blade users (Juggernaut or Riki) will suffer from Reflection's illusions.
* Metamorphosis will not match the range of Drow Ranger and he will struggle to do damage to her if she is not locked down already by someone else. * Conjure Image will be destroyed very quickly due to Marksmanship. * Terrorblade generally likes to be the big bad late game carry who sits in the middle of the fight and kills whoever is closest, which is very unlikely to be Drow Ranger therefore making it likely she will be going on him in teamfights. * Terrorblade's high base armor and agility items makes him very vulnerable to Marksmanship. Additional: * Even though Drow Ranger's damage output is 100% physical, Marksmanship allows Drow Ranger to pierce Terrorblade's high natural base armor and when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter, it will allow her to clear Terrorblade's illusions. * Gust can prevent Terrorblade from using Sunder. * Since Terrorblade doesn't like to buy armor items like Assault Cuirass, he will be very vulnerable to Drow Ranger's high physical burst damage.
* Heroes who can summon illusions and summons because Terrorblade has no abilities to deal with multiple enemies at once outside Reflection: Shadow Shaman, Naga Siren, Broodmother, Lycan, Enigma, Chaos Knight, Phantom Lancer, Shadow Demon, Dark Seer, Nature's Prophet, Invoker, Morphling, Visage, Grimstroke with Aghanim's Scepter.
* E.M.P. allows Invoker to burn Medusa's mana to weaken Mana Shield. * Medusa's lack of mobility makes her easy to kite with Invoker's spells. Additional: * E.M.P. is a large mana burn nuke which can hit Medusa's Mana shield with enough damage to lose even more mana. * Deafening Blast disarms Medusa's ability to deal pseudo-AOE damage during teamfights. * Cold Snap allows the opposing team to repeatedly stun Medusa in short succession, preventing her from successfully casting her ultimate due to its long cast time.
* Drow Ranger build Shadow Blade can avoided from Focus Fire and upgrade with Silver Edge can also break from Windrun. * Hurricane Pike allows her to close the gap and deal immenese damage and provides decent stats to her. Additional: * A well-timed from Gust is impossible Windranger's can not escaping from Windrun. * Combinating Frost Arrows and Eye of Skadi will Windrun movement speed slow. * Hurricane Pike allows Her to close the gap and deal damage from Focus Fire provides decent ststs to her. * Drow Ranger build item Shadow Blade or Silver Edge makes easily two conditions from her can break from Windrun or avoided from Focus Fire and combinating build Nullifier in lategame makes Windranger's weakness from Windrun useless in lategame.
* Dragon Knight has no built-in disengage from Frost Arrows, and Marksmanship procs ignore base armor, bypassing Dragon Knight’s durability for the most part, making Drow one of the few heroes that can deal enough sustained damage to solo kill Dragon Knight. * With Aghanim's Scepter, Frost Arrows also apply hypothermia stacks, reducing her target’s regen, which is especially potent against tanks like Dragon Knight. (A similar effect can also be achieved with an Eye of Skadi).
* Gust can hit Dark Willow beyond a defensive Bramble Maze, and before she gets close enough to hit Drow Ranger with Bedlam. * Drow Ranger's long range allows her to hit Dark Willow's team without venturing into her Bramble Maze.
* Quas-Exort Invoker can win the mid lane easily against Alchemist because Quas regeneration will nullify Acid Spray's damage over time and Exort damage bonus will allow Invoker to out last hit Alchemist.
* A well-timed Gust will prevent Weaver from escaping, and a silenced Weaver usually dies very quickly. * Weaver gains a lot of armor, which is bypassed by Marksmanship. Additional: * A well-timed Gust followed by Frost Arrows will prevent Weaver from escaping with Shukuchi. A Weaver silenced for more than 3 seconds usually dies very quickly. * Due to her high attack speed, Drow Ranger can easily kill The Swarm beetles.
* Tornado allows Invoker to purge Necrophos's Ghost Shroud, nullifying any benefits he could get out of it * E.M.P. allows Invoker to burn Necrophos's mana, preventing him from using his abilities constantly
* Clinkz has no stun and likes to keep his distance from targets, making Marksmanship very deadly. * Clinkz also has low health, making him a perfect hero to initiate onto with Gust. * Gust can also prevent Clinkz from using Burning Barrage.
* Invoker can drain Wraith King's mana with E.M.P., preventing him from reincarnating unless Wraith King has his Aghanim's Shard. * Even if Wraith King survives and reincarnates, Invoker still has an arsenal of spells to lockdown Wraith King, including an easily setup Ice Wall. * Tornado applies an area dispel to clear skeletons. Additional: * E.M.P. allows Invoker to burn Wraith King's mana to prevent Reincarnation from triggering (only until Wraith King gets his Aghanim's Shard). * Ice Wall and Cold Snap are particularly crippling for Wraith King as they allow to kite him very effectively, preventing him from dealing melee attack damage.
* Any hero that can outrange Plague Ward can neutralize them without putting themselves at risk of receiving Poison Sting: Arc Warden, Chen, Clinkz, Drow Ranger, Lina, Mirana, Nature's Prophet, Pugna and Sniper. * Special mention to heroes that outrange Plague Ward after obtaining talents that increase attack range.
* Heroes who outrange Drow Ranger such as Sniper, Tinker.
* Invoker's arsenal of magical spells are troublesome for Sniper who has low HP and high armor, which does not benefit him much against Invoker. * Besides magical damage, he can be disarmed and repeatedly mini-stunned with Cold Snap, preventing him from reacting. * Leveling Quas can allow Invoker to lane effectively against Sniper despite right-click harassment.
* Generally, heroes that can close the gap on Drow Ranger to cancel her Marksmanship such as Phantom Assassin, Spirit Breaker, and Tusk are effective at limiting her power and bursting her down.
* Cold Snap allows Invoker to interrupt Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike. * Tornado's long range can be used to cancel Charge of Darkness. * Deafening Blast prevents Spirit Breaker from right clicking and thus proccing his Greater Bash. Additional: * Ice Wall can slow down Charge of Darkness in its tracks at max level, allowing counterplays such as Cold Snap to end the charge, bursting down with Tornado, Meteor, and right clicks, or even teleporting back to spawn to drag Spirit Breaker into the fountain. * Cold Snap (if timed right) and Invoker's other disables like Tornado can interrupt Charge of Darkness, especially since Charge is telegraphed by the symbol appearing over head.
* Heroes who have low or high armor but very high health will be difficult for drow to burst down quickly: Primal Beast, Axe, Centaur Warrunner.
* Invoker's numerous area-of-effect abilities can interrupt Primal Beast, especially while he is in the middle of a team fight, where Primal Beast thrives. (Tornado, Cold Snap, and Ice Wall all help to disable Primal Beast and control him from a distance. * E.M.P. disintegrates Primal Beast's low mana pool. * However, Invoker is quite a slow-paced hero and not particularly known for being survivable against a rampaging Primal Beast with Black King Bar.
* Astral Imprisonment allows Outworld Destroyer to save himself or ally from Invoker's combo, or remove Invoker from a fight temporarily. * Arcane Orb's pure damage will deal a lot of damage against Invoker's mediocre strength gain. * E.M.P. is useless against Outworld Destroyer by activating Equilibrium. * However, be aware that Sanity's Eclipse will most likely not deal any damage at all, due to Invoker's high intelligence gain compared to Outworld Destroyer's.
* Any heroes with silences can negate the majority of Outworld Destroyer's damage output: Death Prophet, Night Stalker, Drow Ranger, Doom .
* Any heroes with high intelligence, such as Invoker and Pugna.
* Morphling can use Waveform to close the gap between him and Drow Ranger, but should be careful of Gust and Frost Arrows. * Morphling is a natural Manta Style carrier, which dispels the silence from Gust.
* Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) may not be quick enough to fend off an attacking Drow Ranger. * Morphling likes to sit on low health with high agility, something Drow Ranger does not particularly care for and will still hit him hard with Marksmanship procs. * Morph is a similar story, none of Drow Ranger's spells are particularly good against her.
* Doom completely takes Invoker out of a team fight, a hero who relies heavily on using abilities and items to contribute in team fights. Additional: * Doom is a good way to shut down Invoker, preventing from casting spells and using items for a lengthy time, thus forcing him to invest on Linken's Sphere.
* Drow Ranger can be difficult to get on top of, thanks to her Frost Arrows and Gust. With these two abilities, Drow Ranger is able to effectively 'kite' Doom and minimize his impact during team fights and laning stage. * Much of Drow Ranger's effectiveness comes from her passive, which is not disabled by Doom.
* Anti-Mage's mobility and magic resistance make him nearly impossible to kill alone. * Invoker's spells cost a lot of mana, and Invoker himself has a lot of mana. This means Invoker and his team are vulnerable to Mana Void's heavy damage. * Blink allows Anti-Mage to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
* None of Anti-Mage's skills are that effective against Drow Ranger. Gust prevents him from Blinking in or out, Counterspell is totally useless against Drow's physical damage, and as she usually doesn't have a high mana pool, Mana Break and Mana Void don't do much either. * Be careful however that Anti-Mage may eventually farm enough to Blink on top of you and kill you straight away, considering you have no natural tools to escape from him.
* Juggernaut's instant spell immunity from Blade Fury. helps him dodge Invoker's combos. He can dispel the disables from Cold Snap and Deafening Blast and dodge the damage from Chaos Meteor, as well as walk through Ice Wall. * Juggernaut's high DPS allows him to kill split pushing Forge Spirit(s) effortlessly, and his high armor prevents them from being a threat to him. * However, Invoker can hit Juggernaut with Sun Strike through Blade Fury, making the Tornado and Sun Strike combo a threat if he does not dodge Tornado. Additional: * Blade Fury, similar to Rage, grants immunity to Invoker's spells and can dispel some debuffs as well. * Omnislash renders Juggernaut invulnerable to Invoker's spells and can easily take Invoker down.
* Drow Ranger can use Gust to push back Juggernaut before he can get in range to use Omnislash or Blade Fury.
* Corrosive Skin makes Viper receive less damage from Invoker's spells * Viper can harass Invoker with his Poison Attack in the early game. * Viper Strike and Poison Attack can kill Invoker easily if Ghost Walk is on cooldown.
* Ice Wall and Ghost Walk can be used to kite and escape from Viper. * Chaos Meteor and Sun Strike deal heavy damage and can quickly bring Viper down. * Cold Snap, Tornado, and Deafening Blast are powerful disables that reduce Viper's effectiveness. * E.M.P. burns Viper's limited mana pool, reducing his potential poison damage. * Forge Spirits can melt Viper's armor and reduce his durability.
* In team fights, Guardian Angel renders Drow Ranger's physical damage useless, and Drow Ranger has no way to purge it. And to make thing worse, Drow Ranger is not a common Nullifier wielder to counter this problem at all.
* Tornado dispels Heavenly Grace and Guardian Angel from multiple targets. * Guardian Angel is generally useless against Invoker as he primarily relies on magical damage. * E.M.P. depletes Omniknight's already small mana pool. * Invoker's many disables keep Omniknight's team occupied until Guardian Angel times out.
* Flux along with Spark Wraith allows Arc Warden to quickly burst down Drow Ranger due to her low health. * However, Drow Ranger can bypass Magnetic Field's evasion bonus thanks to Marksmanship. Additional: * Magnetic Field protects Arc Warden and allies from Drow Ranger's ranged attacks. She most likely will not enter the field since she will lose Marksmanship's bonus agility. * Beware however, as Marksmanship procs will still hit since they have True Strike, so the most damaging arrows will still hit you inside Magnetic Field.
* Invoker's Forge Spirit can negate Flux. * Provided he does a right combo with Chaos Meteor, Invoker can easily burst down Arc Warden (plus his clone if he spawns it.) * An early Orchid Malevolence can shut down Arc Warden pretty hard, especially when Invoker has a good lane against him if he kills him early on. * Deafening Blast and Ice Wall limit's Arc Wardens mobility and damage, crippling him greatly.
* Life Break closes the distance between Huskar and Drow Ranger, dealing large amounts of damage and disabling Marksmanship. * Berserker's Blood and Burning Spear allow Huskar to beat Drow Ranger directly and pile on damage.
* Quas Exort Invoker has high physical damage in the form of Cold Snap and Forged Spirits that allows him to trade hits with Huskar. * Although Huskar can dispel Cold Snap with Life Break. * Sun Strike deals pure damage and pierces spell immunity, and Huskar tends to drain his HP, making him a susceptible target.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.