* Nyx Assassin has a lot of burst damage from his Impale, Mind Flare, Dagon, and the bonus damage from Vendetta. All of this damage is enough to kill Drow Ranger. * Nyx Assassin is usually invisible most of the time thanks to his ability Vendetta, which allows him to gank Drow Ranger easily.
* Nyx Assassin's Spiked Carapace will stun Leshrac when hit by any of his AOE abilities. * Mind Flare deals high damage due to Leshrac's high intelligence gain. * Vendetta burns a large amount of Leshrac's essential mana pool.
* Life Break closes the distance between Huskar and Drow Ranger, dealing large amounts of damage and disabling Marksmanship. * Berserker's Blood and Burning Spear allow Huskar to beat Drow Ranger directly and pile on damage.
* Heroes with spell immunity: Juggernaut, Pangolier, Huskar.
* Hookshot lets Clockwerk close the gap to Drow Ranger, disabling her Marksmanship bonus. * Power Cogs and Battery Assault keep Drow Ranger from escaping. * Power Cogs and Battery Assault also keep Drow Ranger close, nullifying Marksmanship. Additional: * Getting trapped in Power Cogs usually means the end for Drow Ranger.
* Heroes with long cast animations can be continuously interrupted by Battery Assault: Centaur Warrunner, Jakiro, Leshrac, Naga Siren, Underlord.
Additional: * Clockwerk naturally builds Blade Mail, reflecting Leshrac's high magic damage output back at him. * Power Cogs will prevent Leshrac from reaching Clockwerk's team and dealing large AOE damage to them. * Power Cogs will also keep Leshrac close, wasting his Diabolic Edict on just Clockwerk. * Battery Assault interrupts Leshrac's long cast times of Split Earth and Lightning Storm.
* Flux along with Spark Wraith allows Arc Warden to quickly burst down Drow Ranger due to her low health. * However, Drow Ranger can bypass Magnetic Field's evasion bonus thanks to Marksmanship. Additional: * Magnetic Field protects Arc Warden and allies from Drow Ranger's ranged attacks. She most likely will not enter the field since she will lose Marksmanship's bonus agility. * Beware however, as Marksmanship procs will still hit since they have True Strike, so the most damaging arrows will still hit you inside Magnetic Field.
* Oracle's Fate's Edict will protect an ally from Leshrac's nuking damage. * Oracle's False Promise can dispel Leshrac's stun and slow from his abilities, allowing an ally to escape. * Fortune's End can stop Leshrac from chasing opponents or running away.
* Spectre can easily close the distance on Drow Ranger with Haunt and stick on her with Spectral Dagger, effectively disables her Marksmanship. * Spectre does not care if silenced by Gust, since Spectre will catch her up regardless. * Dispersion can reflect some damage back to Drow Ranger should she chooses to attack. * Be careful once she got her Silver Edge as an attempt to shut you down.
* Blink Strike gets Riki close to Drow Ranger and disable Marksmanship. * Cloak and Dagger allow Riki stay close to Drow Ranger without her noticing him, which allows him to disable Marksmanship. Additional: * With Blink Strike, Riki can get close to Drow Ranger and disable her Marksmanship, and Smoke Screen will prevent her from using Gust.
* Laser along with Heat-Seeking Missile allows Tinker to quickly burst down Drow Ranger due to her low health. * Heat-Seeking Missile lets Tinker out-range Drow Ranger and hit her in the backline of a teamfight.
* Leshrac needs to be close to target in order to do damage, Pugna can outrun Leshrac with ease due to his superior movement speed. * Split Earth can also be hard to land on Pugna for the same reason. * Leshrac uses huge amounts of mana to do damage, Nether Ward forces him to either not contribute in a fight or kill himself in the process. Additional: * Nether Ward punishes Leshrac's constant mana usage from spamming spells. * Leshrac needs to be in the thick of the fight to deal damage, and so cannot escape from Nether Blast nor Life Drain easily.
* In team fights, Guardian Angel renders Drow Ranger's physical damage useless, and Drow Ranger has no way to purge it. And to make thing worse, Drow Ranger is not a common Nullifier wielder to counter this problem at all.
* Time Walk could be used to close the distance within Drow Ranger, hindering her Marksmanship bonus. * Faceless Void could lock down Drow Ranger with Chronosphere before she has the chance to retaliate due to her low health pool.
* Drow Ranger's low mobility and lack of defensive abilities make her an easy gank target in the early to mid-game. * A Dueling Drow Ranger will lose her precious Marksmanship, reduce her damage output significantly, and will more likely lose that Duel.
* Meat Hook brings Drow Ranger to Pudge, disabling Marksmanship and dealing a huge amount of damage when combined with Rot and Dismember. * Rot keeps Pudge close to Drow Ranger, continuously disabling Marksmanship. Additional: * Meat Hook can pull Drow Ranger to Pudge, disabling her Marksmanship. * Following up with Dismember will prevent Drow Ranger from using Gust or Shadow Blade.
* Mirana can use Leap to jump right next to Drow Ranger or can approach her while under cover of the invisibility granted by Moonlight Shadow, which cancels the bonus granted to Drow Ranger by Marksmanship. * Her low health makes her easy to burst down with Mirana's spells, especially with Aghanim's Scepter. * Mirana can dodge Gust with good reaction time, or Leap away if Drow tries to slow her without Gust.
* Snowball and Ice Shards keep Drow Ranger down and preventing her from running away. * Snowball also lets Tusk get to Drow Ranger and stop her Marksmanship bonus. It can also be to save allies affected by Gust. * Tag Team allows Tusk to slow her down and land a killing blow on her. * Walrus PUNCH! slows Drow Ranger and deals a huge amount of damage to her, due to her low health (and low armor without Marksmanship, since Tusk can quickly close the gap to Drow Ranger).
* As long as Mars is facing her with Bulwark, even if pushed away with Gust, Drow Ranger will do no effectual damage against him. Mars' ability to endure her onslaught usually gives him enough time to cast Arena of Blood, of which she has a very slim chance surviving without Gust. * With Bulwark's active ability, Mars can protect allies pursued by Drow Ranger by redirecting her projectiles to his shield instead.
* While heroes with strong mobility are able to get close or flee from Upheaval, heroes with no escaping abilities or that lack long disables will perish against Warlock. Once the Warlock Golem lands with its stun, its hardly possible to escape when he casts Upheaval. Notable examples: Huskar, Drow Ranger, Lion, Elder Titan, etc.
* Heroes who rely on physical damage output to be effective will fare badly against Muerta's Pierce the Veil: Phantom Assassin, Terrorblade, Drow Ranger, Lifestealer, Anti-Mage, Alchemist, Lycan, Clinkz, Sniper.
* Shapeshift allows Lycan to get close and disable Marksmanship. * Shapeshift also makes him immune to slows like Drow Ranger's Frost Arrows. Additional: * The Wolves's speed causes the knockback from Gust to be ineffective. * Drow Ranger lacks escapes and loses her Marksmanship when someone is near her. Lycan can take advantage of these weaknesses of Drow Ranger.
* Heroes who summon multiple units that are not spell immune. Nature's Prophet,Lycan,Beastmaster
* Berserker's Call forces Drow Ranger to attack Axe up close, disabling her Marksmanship bonus. * Counter Helix occurs more often with Drow Ranger's high attack speed. * Culling Blade is a dangerous ability against a low health hero like Drow Ranger.
* Ranged heroes that can easily harass Axe: Drow Ranger, Sniper, Lion.
* A well-timed Dark Pact can dispel Frost Arrows and Gust, letting Slark engage and escape freely. * Essence Shift is very detrimental for Drow Ranger as the loss of agility means that Marksmanship will also suffer from getting weakened. * Shadow Dance lets Slark quickly close the gap and deal heavy damage without giving Drow Ranger a chance to retaliate. * Pounce counteracts Frost Arrows's slow, and also allows Slark easily pin Drow Ranger down or flee from her. * Depth Shroud from Aghanim's Shard will allow Slark to save both, himself and his allies and will also allow them to freely fight back against Drow Ranger without her noticing them. Additional: * Pounce and items like Shadow Blade makes it very difficult for Drow Ranger to keep her distance from Slark, thereby losing her Marksmanship bonus. * Gust is rarely enough to keep Slark at bay, as Drow Ranger has no movement abilities and will simply be chased down afterwards. * Drow Ranger's heavy dependence on agility also makes her significantly weaker after being drained by Essence Shift.
* Heroes with AoE abilities will hit Slark in Shadow Dance: Lina, Jakiro, Underlord, Leshrac, Dark Seer, Earthshaker, Timbersaw, Crystal Maiden.
* Monkey King can scout Drow Ranger's positioning from the trees, and can jump on her without much trouble, disabling Marksmanship * She lacks innate mobility to escape from Wukong's Command, whose bonus armor gives MK one extra edge in the fight
* Heroes with wide AoE abilities will reveal Monkey King through Mischief: Necrophos, Phoenix, Alchemist, Earthshaker, Razor, Tinker, Leshrac, Queen of Pain
* Drow Ranger has a very low health pool, allowing Lion to burst her down. * Lack of any innate escape mechanism makes her an easy target for Lion's disables. * Early on she can't deal as much damage to be life threatning. Her Gust is her best weapon against Lion.
* Lion lacks mobility or escape mechanisms, making him an easy target for abilities like Mirana's Sacred Arrow or Leshrac's Split Earth, or combos like Kunkka's X Marks the Spot into Torrent.
* Black Hole while definitely a threat to Drow Ranger, is very hard to land as she likes to keep her distance from allies and enemies alike. And if not caught in it, will kill Enigma very quickly due to his low health. * Malefice can be removed with a Manta Style. * Drow Ranger being a fairly low health, high armored agility carry doesn't take much damage from Midnight Pulse as others would. * Demonic Conversion units die very quickly to Marksmanship or even just regular attacks not far into the game within 2 or 3 hits.
* Heroes who can clear the waves of Enigma's Eidolons: Lina, Luna, Dawnbreaker, Jakiro, Shadow Shaman, Death Prophet, Keeper of the Light, Invoker, Leshrac, Puck.
* Drow Ranger build Shadow Blade can avoided from Focus Fire and upgrade with Silver Edge can also break from Windrun. * Hurricane Pike allows her to close the gap and deal immenese damage and provides decent stats to her. Additional: * A well-timed from Gust is impossible Windranger's can not escaping from Windrun. * Combinating Frost Arrows and Eye of Skadi will Windrun movement speed slow. * Hurricane Pike allows Her to close the gap and deal damage from Focus Fire provides decent stats to her. * Drow Ranger build item Shadow Blade or Silver Edge makes easily two conditions from her can break from Windrun or avoided from Focus Fire. * Combinating build Nullifier and Monkey King Bar in lategame makes Windranger's can not hold evasion from Windrun. * Bonus agility from Marksmanship can Drow Ranger's arrow can through Windranger's low armor.
* Since Windranger is bad against magical damage, heroes with continuous magical damage or magical nukes can blast her: Zeus, Tinker, Leshrac, Viper, Skywrath Mage, Lion, Lina, Venomancer.
* Drow Ranger can be difficult to get on top of, thanks to her Frost Arrows and Gust. With these two abilities, Drow Ranger is able to effectively 'kite' Doom and minimize his impact during team fights and laning stage. * Much of Drow Ranger's effectiveness comes from her passive, which is not disabled by Doom.
* Heroes with high base damage (Morphling, Tiny, Drow Ranger), heroes with mana burning abilities (Anti-Mage), and Diffusal Blade users (Juggernaut or Riki) will suffer from Reflection's illusions.
* Metamorphosis will not match the range of Drow Ranger and he will struggle to do damage to her if she is not locked down already by someone else. * Conjure Image will be destroyed very quickly due to Marksmanship. * Terrorblade generally likes to be the big bad late game carry who sits in the middle of the fight and kills whoever is closest, which is very unlikely to be Drow Ranger therefore making it likely she will be going on him in teamfights. * Terrorblade's high base armor and agility items makes him very vulnerable to Marksmanship. Additional: * Even though Drow Ranger's damage output is 100% physical, Marksmanship allows Drow Ranger to pierce Terrorblade's high natural base armor and when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter, it will allow her to clear Terrorblade's illusions. * Gust can prevent Terrorblade from using Sunder. * Since Terrorblade doesn't like to buy armor items like Assault Cuirass, he will be very vulnerable to Drow Ranger's high physical burst damage.
* As Terrorblade's damage output comes mainly from direct attacks, he will struggle greatly against heroes who have abilities that give evasion, trigger on attack or which can disarm an enemy hero: Centaur Warrunner, Hoodwink, Huskar, Invoker, Leshrac with Nihilism from Aghanim's Scepter, Lifestealer with Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Infest, Pangolier, Phantom Assassin, Pugna, Techies, Windranger etc.
* Dragon Knight has no built-in disengage from Frost Arrows, and Marksmanship procs ignore base armor, bypassing Dragon Knight’s durability for the most part, making Drow one of the few heroes that can deal enough sustained damage to solo kill Dragon Knight. * With Aghanim's Scepter, Frost Arrows also apply hypothermia stacks, reducing her target’s regen, which is especially potent against tanks like Dragon Knight. (A similar effect can also be achieved with an Eye of Skadi).
* A well-timed Gust will prevent Rubick from casting abilities from Spell Steal, and his lack of capabilities and low health pool usually dies very quickly. * Drow Ranger can dispel Fade Bolt's reduction debuff with Manta Style.
* Gust can hit Dark Willow beyond a defensive Bramble Maze, and before she gets close enough to hit Drow Ranger with Bedlam. * Drow Ranger's long range allows her to hit Dark Willow's team without venturing into her Bramble Maze.
* A well-timed Gust will prevent Weaver from escaping, and a silenced Weaver usually dies very quickly. * Weaver gains a lot of armor, which is bypassed by Marksmanship. Additional: * A well-timed Gust followed by Frost Arrows will prevent Weaver from escaping with Shukuchi. A Weaver silenced for more than 3 seconds usually dies very quickly. * Due to her high attack speed, Drow Ranger can easily kill The Swarm beetles.
* All of Leshrac's abilities, especially Pulse Nova, can easily deal with Naga Siren's illusions. * Aghanim's Scepter gives Leshrac access to Nihilism ability, that allows him to turn himself along with Naga Siren and her illusions to turn ethereal. And to make things worse, Nihilism can slow Naga Siren and her illusions, make them more vulnerable to magical damage and unable to fight back while Leshrac moves faster and does not take increased magical damage for it's duration.
* Clinkz has no stun and likes to keep his distance from targets, making Marksmanship very deadly. * Clinkz also has low health, making him a perfect hero to initiate onto with Gust. * Gust can also prevent Clinkz from using Burning Barrage.
* Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units around Leshrac, making it very easy for him to kill the Summon Familiars. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova also deal many instances of damage, nullifying Gravekeeper's Cloak. * Split Earth and Lightning Storm makes it difficult for Visage to kite Leshrac, even while under the effects of Grave Chill.
* Pulse Nova deals an insane amount of damage in an area around him, which can quickly wear down Meepo clones. * Leshrac can catch multiple Meepos in Split Earth and follow up with the rest of his area damage spells making Meepo unable to get close to Leshrac. * Diabolic Edict is a strong ability that can wear down a lone Meepo clone quickly.
* Heroes who rely on passive abilities and attacks, such as Drow Ranger, Wraith King, and Lone Druid, can render Silencer useless. But remember that a smart Silencer will most likely buy Silver Edge to counter this if he is played as carry.
* Any hero that can outrange Plague Ward can neutralize them without putting themselves at risk of receiving Poison Sting: Arc Warden, Chen, Clinkz, Drow Ranger, Lina, Mirana, Nature's Prophet, Pugna and Sniper. * Special mention to heroes that outrange Plague Ward after obtaining talents that increase attack range.
* Heroes with high physical damage output but lack of reliable escape mechanisms are always a good target for a solo gank: Sniper, Shadow Fiend, Troll Warlord, Drow Ranger. Those heroes, however, are dangerous if they manage to close the gap, so take caution.
* Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova will tear apart any illusions spawned from Disruption * Split Earth can punish improper usage of Disruption. * Leshrac does not have any buffs that can be removed by Demonic Purge. Additional: * Pulse Nova makes quick work of any illusions with amplified damage, and deals damage even if Leshrac is in Disruption. * An attempt to save an ally using Disruption can easily become a perfect setup for a Split Earth for the enemy. * Disruption does not stop Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova once they start pulsing, and even worse it provides a safe shelter for Leshrac to keep pumping up his powerful AoE damage onto the battlefield. * Shadow Demon doesn't have the burst damage to take Leshrac out of the fight quickly, although Demonic Purge can help his allies kill a squishy Leshrac.
* Anti-Mage can withstand magical burst damage much better than other carries, making him effective against nukers: Lich, Necrophos, Oracle, and Leshrac.
Additional: * Counterspell severely reduces Leshrac's magical damage.Counterspell also impacted reflect Lightning Storm and send back to Leshrac's also affected from movement speed. * Leshrac already burns through his own mana with Pulse Nova, Mana Break will burn through even more. * Leshrac's high mana pool will increase the amount of damage Mana Void does to him when his mana is low.
* None of Anti-Mage's skills are that effective against Drow Ranger. Gust prevents him from Blinking in or out, Counterspell is totally useless against Drow's physical damage, and as she usually doesn't have a high mana pool, Mana Break and Mana Void don't do much either. * Be careful however that Anti-Mage may eventually farm enough to Blink on top of you and kill you straight away, considering you have no natural tools to escape from him.
* Morphling can use Waveform to close the gap between him and Drow Ranger, but should be careful of Gust and Frost Arrows. * Morphling is a natural Manta Style carrier, which dispels the silence from Gust.
* Attribute Shift (Strength Gain) may not be quick enough to fend off an attacking Drow Ranger. * Morphling likes to sit on low health with high agility, something Drow Ranger does not particularly care for and will still hit him hard with Marksmanship procs. * Morph is a similar story, none of Drow Ranger's spells are particularly good against her.
* Phantom Rush lets Phantom Lancer get close quickly and disable Marksmanship. * As Phantom Lancer commonly buys Manta Style, he can easily dispel Gust and then chase after Drow Ranger. * Because Phantom Lancer is a natural Diffusal Blade carrier, he can easily burn Drow Ranger's mana and render her unable to use Frost Arrow and Gust to save herself.
* Leshrac's AoE abilities destroy Phantom Lancer's illusions. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova require no targeting, thus hitting Phantom Lancer whenever he's nearby. Additional: * Leshrac can easily clear Phantom Lancer's illusions with his huge area of effect damage.
* Drow Ranger's lack of escape abilities makes her an easy target for Relocate ganks.
* Lightning Storm will usually hit both Io and his Tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump. It can then be followed up by Split Earth. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to Io and his Tethered target. Additional: * Io is a hero who needs to be close to it's tethered target to make it effective, and that's where Leshrac gets the advantage thanks to many of his area-of-effect abilities. * Lightning Storm will usually hit both Io and its tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to both, Io and its tethered target.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.