* Quas Exort Invoker has high physical damage in the form of Cold Snap and Forged Spirits that allows him to trade hits with Huskar. * Although Huskar can dispel Cold Snap with Life Break. * Sun Strike deals pure damage and pierces spell immunity, and Huskar tends to drain his HP, making him a susceptible target.
* Chaos Bolt can stun Huskar when he jump in with Life break, giving 4 seconds maximum for Chaos Knight to deliver a beatdown. * Reality Rift further reduces Huskar's low armor, boosting Chaos Knight's damage even more. * Berserker's Blood offer no protection against Chaos Strike, which deal physical damage. * Phantasm can be used to dispel the disarm from Inner Fire. * Although Huskar can use this to disarm the illusion instead, buying himself some times. Additional: * Huskar's low armor and movement speed make an easy target for Chaos Knight to initiate on with Reality Rift and Chaos Bolt. * Beside Inner Fire, Huskar has no reliable area of effect ability to clear Phantasm illusions. * Huskar likes to fight at low health to benefit from his Berserker's Blood, thus vulnerable to Chaos Knight's high burst physical damage.
* Mirror Image can cause Huskar to Life Break the wrong target. * Rip Tide reduces Huskar's already low armor. * Song of the Siren allows teams to recover from Huskar's initiation, as well as the damage over time from Burning Spears.
* Huskar's Berserker's Blood provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output. * Huskar has no way to disrupt Clinkz's attacks and no way to kill Clinkz alone, as Clinkz can easily go invisible, teleport away, or even fight back. * Clinkz will often build the items that counter Huskar and the items he usually builds. These include Black King Bar or Monkey King Bar for Heaven's Halberd, or a disable item like Scythe of Vyse or Bloodthorn to prevent him from using Inner Fire to disarm.
* Ice Blast prevents Huskar from healing, regeneration, health gained from activating an Armlet of Mordiggian and will kill him when his health dips below a threshold. This makes it very dangerous for him to use his abilities. Additional: * Ice Blast prevents Huskar from healing with Berserker's Blood and negates any lifesteal, making him significantly weaker in battle. * Burning Spear and Life Break cost Huskar his own health, killing him under the effects from Ice Blast. * Huskar often builds Armlet of Mordiggian which can be deadly during Ice Blast.
* Nethertoxin disables Berserker's Blood, which Huskar relies upon for attack speed and healing. * The damage from Burning Spear and Life Break is largely absorbed by Corrosive Skin. It also will return some damage, making it risky to use Burning Spears in the laning stage. * Because Huskar wants to be on low health for Berserker's Blood, he is particularly vulnerable to Poison Attack. Additional: * His Poison Attack is very useful against Huskar, since he tends to stay at low health. * Nethertoxin disables passive skills like Berserker's Blood. * It is dangerous for Huskar to jump on Viper because Corrosive Skin and Viper Strike with the slowdown of movement and attack speed which usually will be deadly for Huskar.
* Huskar is often at low health, making him easy prey for Reaper's Scythe. * Ghost Shroud prevents Huskar from stacking Burning Spear, and if Heartstopper Aura stacks are active, can regenerate health lost to existing stacks. Additional: * Because Huskar tends to stay at low health to gain the maximum bonuses from Berserker's Blood, it makes him an exceptionally prime target for Reaper's Scythe.
* Brewmaster can use Cyclone to disable Huskar's healer for much longer than most other heroes can, to make Huskar vulnerable. * Huskar has no way to stop Brewmaster from using Primal Split by himself, but can cut a good amount of his high health away if Huskar's team wants to burst Brewmaster down during a different disable.
* Warlock Golems do plenty of physical and pure damage to bring down Huskar when he is at low health. Warlock is always a hazard for Huskar to initiate by using Life Break, because Chaotic Offering can stun him instantly, even when Black King Bar is activated, and allows Warlock's team to gather their wit and retaliate. * After using Life Break to jump in, Huskar will not have any means to escape Upheaval. Which since he is an attack-dependent hero, this will nullify his impact in fights.
* Huskar is often at low health, providing large Thirst bonuses. * Life Break triggers Rupture's damage. Additional: * Huskar is often at low health, providing large Thirst bonuses to Bloodseeker. * Life Break can trigger Rupture's damage. * A self applied Bloodrage together with Blademail means it's almost suicidal for Huskar to jump on Bloodseeker with Life Break
* Huskar is often played at low health to maximize the bonuses from Berserker's Blood, and also because his abilities cost health to use. This makes him especially vulnerable to Culling Blade. * Berserker's Blood gives Huskar no protection against the pure damage of Culling Blade. Its attack speed bonus also means that Counter Helix will proc more often. * Axe's tankiness and base health regeneration makes it hard for Huskar to take him down with Burning Spears. Additional: * Berserker's Call and Blade Mail can be used immediately after Huskar jumps on Axe with Life Break. * Huskar's high attack speed procs Counter Helix repeatedly. * Huskar's health loss from using his abilities make him a frequent target for Culling Blade.
* Shadow Demon's Shadow Poison can quickly stack to the point where Huskars generally low health is easily finished off. * Shadow Demon's Disruption can turn Huskar's high attack speed and regeneration against him, It also makes him an easy target for Shadow Poison, * Shadow Demon commonly builds a Meteor Hammer, allowing him to land a heavy stun on Huskar * Shadow Demon's upgraded Demonic Purge breaks Huskar, It also pierces Spell Immunity, Without his passive for 7 seconds Huskar quickly falls in battle * However note that Shadow Demon is a squishy target and you can often overwhelm him if he is alone, But he can still Disrupt you to escape Additional: * Shadow Poison can quickly stack up on Huskar, And with his naturally low health you don't need as many stacks to be effective. * Disruption turns Huskars high attack speed against him, They also have the highest survivability as illusions due to his passive Berserker's Blood, It also allows you to put Shadow Poison stacks on him, * Dissimulate turns Huskar's burning damage against his team, You can cast it on an ally who is taking a bunch of Burning Spear stacks and cause Huskar to take high amounts of damage as well * Scepter upgraded Demonic Purge is your most effective weapon against him, It's 7 second Break causes him to quickly die in battle
* Bristleback's tankiness and Bristleback allow him to outlast Burning Spears' damage-over-time at almost any point in the game. In addition, if Huskar chooses to cast Life Break on Bristleback, Bristleback can simply turn around before it hits and receive little damage. * Viscous Nasal Goo will reduce Huskar's low armor even further, and Quill Spray and Warpath will tear him down extremely quickly. Additional: * The damage from Burning Spear can be reduced by turning away from Huskar. * Bristleback can bait Huskar into using Life Break on him, then turn around and receive very little damage.
* Jumping on Ursa with Life Break is often suicide for Huskar, as he will be immediately bursted down with Fury Swipes. Additional: * Huskar likes fights with a long duration and is usually at low health, making him vulnerable against Ursa's physical damage. * Jumping in with Life Break against Ursa is suicide, as Enrage, Overpower, and Fury Swipes will easily shred Huskar.
* Blade Fury makes Juggernaut immune to the damage from Life Break and Burning Spears. * It can be instantly activated the second Juggernaut sees Huskar flying towards him with Life Break, blocking all damage. * Healing Ward effectively negates any damage-over-time from Burning Spears. * Huskar has no defense against Omnislash and takes heavy damage due to his low armor.
* Windranger prevents Huskar from landing Burning Spears by using Windrun. * Because Huskar tends to be at low health, Focus Fire and Powershot are good abilities against him. Additional: * Windrun makes it impossible to hit Windranger with Burning Spears. * Huskar cannot toggle Armlet of Mordiggian to regain health while taking constant damage from Focus Fire.
* Heroes with pure damage can kill Huskar when he inevitably gets low on health: Outworld Destroyer, Silencer.
Additional: * Outworld Destroyer can dodge Life Break with Astral Imprisonment, leaving him unharmed while Huskar loses HP. * Sanity's Eclipse can deal massive damage to Huskar before he builds up his Berserker's Blood stacks due to Huskar's low mana pool.
* Carries that can out damage Huskar will do well against him: Legion Commander, Faceless Void, Troll Warlord, Phantom Assassin.
Additional: * Whirling Axes (Melee) provides a 60% miss chance, resulting in Huskar's attacks missing a lot of the time if it isn't dispelled. * Troll Warlord's Fervor ramps up in a very similar way as Huskar's Berserker's Blood: as soon as Huskar has high enough health regeneration, Troll Warlord has a high enough attack speed to negate it.
* Carries that can out damage Huskar will do well against him: Legion Commander, Faceless Void, Troll Warlord, Phantom Assassin.
Additional: * Life Break is almost suicidal when used on Legion Commander, as it invites an instant Duel and Legion Commander herself is a natural Blade Mail carrier. * Huskar's low survivability and mostly on low health make him particularly vulnerable to Legion Commander's high physical damage.
* Burning Spear's magical damage is very troublesome for Mars in the laning stage. * Life Break's percentage-based magical damage bypasses Bulwark, and can also be used to jump in or out of Arena Of Blood.
* Magnus cannot manfight Huskar even with Empower, Berserker's Blood's high attack speed and health regeneration, combined with Huskar's high health and Burning Spear stacks will allow Huskar to kill Magnus before he can kill him. * From a safe distance, Huskar can surprise and counter Magnus's initiation with Life Break and Burning Spear. * Burning Spear also deals damage over time, disabling Blink Dagger and preventing him from initiating or escaping.
* Life Break closes the distance between Huskar and Drow Ranger, dealing large amounts of damage and disabling Marksmanship. * Berserker's Blood and Burning Spear allow Huskar to beat Drow Ranger directly and pile on damage.
* Clockwerk cannot go head-to-head with Huskar in Power Cogs, as Berserker's Blood and Life Break will destroy him faster than the other way around. Additional: * Clockwerk's abilities cannot handle Huskar in a one-on-one fight, even if he gets the jump on him.
* Life Break along with Burning Spear can quickly kill Razor before Static Link steals enough damage for Razor to take down Huskar. * Berserker's Blood can make stealing Huskar's damage and using it against him somewhat dangerous, as Huskar will be able to inflict more and more Burning Spears rapidly.
* Huskar's burn damage from Burning Spear is incredibly strong against Templar Assassin as it completely cancels out her Refraction from the burning over time which results in making her very vulnerable to ganks and harassments, and in turn forcing her out of the lane.
* Huskar's high attack speed can counteract Fire Spirits, and easily destroy the Supernova. Additional: * Berserker's Blood will let Huskar easily face down a Supernova with increased attack speed. * Icarus Dive may not be an easy escape from Huskar either as he can chase Phoenix during it with Life Break if Huskar times it right. * However, Phoenix can buy items which can
* Lich is going to have a hard time nuking Huskar because of his high health regeneration from Berserker's Blood. * Lich is a squishy support without an escape mechanism, making Lich an easy kill thanks to Life Break and Burning Spear. * Once Huskar has Armlet of Mordiggian, even a maxed out Frost Blast will struggle to finish Huskar off.
* Huskar can easily regenerate lost health from DoT spells through Berserker's Blood rendering them ineffective * Venomancer has little armor and mobility, and rarely builds Linken's Sphere, so he is quite vulnerable to Life Break.
* Huskar's Burning Spears chip through his low health pool quickly.Consequently, he is forced to either invest on health regen or abandon the lane. * Reliant on magic damage, there is little he can do against Huskar. * Huskar will usually kill him if he gets Life Break off,given Zeus' poor mobility.
* Inner Fire can damage and disarm Chen's creeps. * Burning Spear's high damage over time that grows stronger the more it stacks can force Chen to use Hand of God prematurely, potentially wasting a chance to save his allies during a teamfight. * Berserker's Blood makes it impossible for Chen and his creeps to kill Huskar. * Life Break can deal huge damage to Chen and slow him down.
* Huskar can burn down Dragon Knight's health quickly during the early to mid game, but is not as effective during the late game. However, Life Break remains a constant threat due to the slow and percentage-based damage.
Additional: * Huskar can negate Dragon Knight's passive with multiple trades of Burning Spear.
* Huskar with Life Break * Heroes that can remove the Track debuff with their skills: * Abaddon with Aphotic Shield and Borrowed Time * Huskar with Life Break * Juggernaut with Blade Fury * Legion Commander with Press the Attack * Lifestealer with Rage and Infest * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Omniknight with Heavenly Grace * Oracle with Fortune's End and False Promise * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Slark with Dark Pact * Ursa with Enrage * Weaver with Time Lapse * Tidehunter with Kraken Shell when damage received reaches the threshold.
* Heroes with high magical burst can easily kill Huskar when he is at low health: Lion, Lina, Skywrath Mage
* Skywrath Mage's armor and agility gain is very low, so when Huskar's Burning Spears stack they can take him down very quickly at any point of the game. * Berserker's Blood grants bonuses as Huskar uses Burning Spears to harass Skywrath Mage, granting him attack speed, magic resistance, and strength as health regen, making it possible that Huskar can harass Skywrath Mage out of lane and sustain through his magic burst through staying injured throughout lane, or even the game. * Life Break allows Huskar to jump onto Skywrath Mage, closing the distance between them and busting him down so he cannot run. This can be combed with Inner Fire, adding a movement speed slow if Aghanim's Shard is applied so Skywrath Mage cannot escape.
* Sunder can prevent Terrorblade's or an ally's death by swapping health, making damage-over-time abilities inefficient. Heroes that rely on damage-over-time abilities like Venomancer and Huskar will have a hard time against Sunder.
* As Terrorblade's damage output comes mainly from direct attacks, he will struggle greatly against heroes who have abilities that give evasion, trigger on attack or which can disarm an enemy hero: Centaur Warrunner, Hoodwink, Huskar, Invoker, Leshrac with Nihilism from Aghanim's Scepter, Lifestealer with Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Infest, Pangolier, Phantom Assassin, Pugna, Techies, Windranger etc.
* Heroes with illusions can overwhelm Huskar: Phantom Lancer, Anti-Mage, Arc Warden, Chaos Knight.
* Huskar does not need any mana to fight Anti-Mage as most of his skills cost HP instead. He is a good counter to take away Anti-mage's farm in early to mid-game. He, however, struggles to kill Anti-Mage in the late game.
Additional: * Huskar is not very reliant on mana to cast his spells, therefore, Mana Break is not very effective against him. * Huskar also has low mana pool, he will take less damage once his mana pool is completely depleted. Mana Void is also ineffective against him. * Huskar comes online earlier than Anti-Mage, and can take over the game before Anti-Mage can farm up.
* Nyx Assassin can reflect Life Break with Spiked Carapace.
* Heroes who rely on damage over time as Spiked Carapace can block and reflect only one instance of damage: Venomancer, Huskar, Ember Spirit, Dark Seer, Sand King, Doom, Dawnbreaker. However, this also means they are easily stunned.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.