* Crippling Fear is a good way to shut down and gank Invoker in the early game.. * Void deals good damage to Invoker and makes escaping harder. * With Hunter in the Night and Void, Invoker can't get away from Night Stalker and won't be able to catch him with Sun Strike during the night.
* Dark Ascension also allows Night Stalker to fly over Proximity Mines without triggering them. * Crippling Fear is effective in stopping Techies from using Blast Off and Void is effective in stopping them from running to the safety of their mines.
* Quas-Exort Invoker is also a good matchup due to the fact he has no Wex to run faster due to the movement impairment on his stealth. The Forge Spirit and Cold Snap combo doesn't harm her as well since you can drain Invoker's HP with Spirit Siphon which forces him to retreat. * Silence also prevents Invoker from using Invoke or casting his main spells temporarily. There is no way Invoker can block it unless he has Eul's Scepter of Divinity to cyclone himself or has help from allies.
* Exorcism's ghosts will automatically clear all Proximity Mines revealed when Death Prophet walks near them, provided that the ghosts do not have a specific target at that time. * Death Prophet is a natural Eul's Scepter of Divinity carrier, meaning she can easily escape a Blast Off initiation.
* Rage grants immunity from Invoker's spells and can dispel most of the disables such as the armor loss from Forge Spirit and the constant stuns of Cold Snap. Additional: * Rage protects Lifestealer from all of Invoker's spells (except for Sun Strike).
* Rage protects Lifestealer from all of Techies' abilities. Reactive Tazer's disarm will also not work on Lifestealer under Rage. * Rage can also be used to trigger Techies' Proximity Mines safely. Additional: * Lifestealer's Rage lets him clear Proximity Mines without taking damage, and allows him to hit heroes whom Techies has used Reactive Tazer on.
* Templar Assassin can easily counter Invoker's last hitting process in the early game with Refraction. Refraction also negates the stun from Cold Snap, since it will need to deal damage in order to apply its stun. * Additionally, Refraction completely blocks damage from Sun Strike should Invoker try to finish her off, provided she activate Refraction beforehand.
* Refraction can be very useful in safely neutralizing Proximity Mine fields, or absorbing Techies' Blast Off combo.
* Anti-Mage's mobility and magic resistance make him nearly impossible to kill alone. * Invoker's spells cost a lot of mana, and Invoker himself has a lot of mana. This means Invoker and his team are vulnerable to Mana Void's heavy damage. * Blink allows Anti-Mage to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
* Thanks to Counterspell's magic resistance, Anti-Mage has a good chance of surviving a Blast Off combo. * Anti-Mage is a natural Manta Style carrier, meaning he can dispel the silence from Blast Off and blink away when Techies initiates on him.
* Blade Fury, similar to Rage, grants immunity to Invoker's spells and can dispel some debuffs as well. * Omnislash renders Juggernaut invulnerable to Invoker's spells and can easily take Invoker down. Additional: * Juggernaut's instant spell immunity from Blade Fury. helps him dodge Invoker's combos. He can dispel the disables from Cold Snap and Deafening Blast and dodge the damage from Chaos Meteor, as well as walk through Ice Wall. * Juggernaut's high DPS allows him to kill split pushing Forge Spirit(s) effortlessly, and his high armor prevents them from being a threat to him. * However, Invoker can hit Juggernaut with Sun Strike through Blade Fury, making the Tornado and Sun Strike combo a threat if he does not dodge Tornado.
* Juggernaut can trigger Proximity Mines while in Blade Fury, and can walk away from a initiation with Blast Off if Blade Fury is activated before the silence. * Juggernaut ignores Reactive Tazer when he uses Omnislash, whether Techies used it to protect an ally or themselves.
* Broodmother can kill Invoker easily in the early game with her Spawn Spiderlings and her spiderlings. * Broodmother is both an Orchid Malevolence and a Nullifier carrier. As she can farm it early, she can kill Invoker easily.
* Heroes with summons like Broodmother, Enigma, Nature's Prophet; or illusions, like Naga Siren, Terrorblade are effective at keeping the choke points and rune spawns safe from Proximity Mines.
* Oracle can negate all of Techies' skills with Fate's Edict, as they are all magic damage. Fate's Edict can also be used to search and trigger Proximity Mines when crossing mined territory. * Oracle can dispel Reactive Tazer off Techies, as well as the silence from Blast Off!, with Fortune's End. * Oracle can further delay Techies' burst damage capability with False Promise. Additional: * Fate's Edict gives 100% magic resistance, which prevents most of Techies' damage. * Oracle's Fortune's End dispels Reactive Tazer buff from Techies allowing him to be attacked. However, Reactive Tazer will instantly perform the area of effect disarm that is normally applied at the end of the duration. * Fortune's End will also dispel Blast Off silence, Techies' Etheral Blade, Proximity Mines' magic resistance reduction, and Sticky Bomb's slow. However beware that it will only dispel Sticky Bomb's first or second instance of slow and not the damage, which will trigger as normal.
* Familiars can fly over the mines, rendering them safe from damage of Techies's mines. Visage can also use Familiars to check for mines on the map. * Techies's low attack speed and damage will give them a hard time in destroying Visage's Familiars, and that can become even worse if they are affected by Grave Chill. * Gravekeeper's Cloak allows Visage to survive Damage from Techies's mines.
* He can send wolves to defuse Proximity Mines, and he can catch up Techies and kill him before they can deny themselves. Even if the suicide is successful, Lycan can still survive because of his tankiness.
* Corrosive Skin makes Viper receive less damage from Invoker's spells * Viper can harass Invoker with his Poison Attack in the early game. * Viper Strike and Poison Attack can kill Invoker easily if Ghost Walk is on cooldown.
* Corrosive Skin will protect Viper from Techies' magical damage. * Even though Reactive Tazer will disarm Viper if he attacks Techies with Poison Attack, he does lots of damage with his other abilities that can still kill Techies.
* Ice Wall and Ghost Walk can be used to kite and escape from Viper. * Chaos Meteor and Sun Strike deal heavy damage and can quickly bring Viper down. * Cold Snap, Tornado, and Deafening Blast are powerful disables that reduce Viper's effectiveness. * E.M.P. burns Viper's limited mana pool, reducing his potential poison damage. * Forge Spirits can melt Viper's armor and reduce his durability.
* Aphotic Shield makes it less likely for allies to be killed by mines. * Because they explode in very short intervals, a stack of Remote Mines will always trigger Borrowed Time, making them impossible to kill Abaddon unless his resistances are lowered enough or Abaddon is affected by Break. * Abaddon can easily dispel the long-lasting root of Stasis Trap on himself and on an ally, while at the same also providing protection against the other mines' damage. Additional: * Borrowed Time's automatic activation will help Abaddon survive a field of Proximity Mines or a Blast Off combo. However, the damage from a single mine can kill him if his HP is low enough. * Aphotic Shield's can easily break Techies' Etheral Blade combo.
* Invoker is heavily dependent on his spells, making him useless during Global Silence, as well as interrupting Invoker during his combo. * Arcane Curse is particularly deadly, because Invoker will continuously lose health if he keeps invoking and casting new spells. * Last Word will silence Invoker when he casts Invoke, interrupting his combo.
* Queen of Pain usually outlanes Invoker, giving her team a significant early game advantage while Invoker is still farming. * Blink allows Queen of Pain to escape from Invoker's combo if he doesn't have disables.
* Time Walk can easily avoid Invoker's combo damage if doesn't have disables. * Chronosphere will reveal Invoker during Ghost Walk. * All of Invoker's hidden cooldowns are affected by Time Dilation, so Faceless Void can easily slow him down a lot. Additional: * Time Dilation prevents Invoker from further invoking for the entire duration of the debuff, as well as massively slowing Invoker based on the large amount of spells he has. * Time Walk will completely negate Invoker's combo damage. * If Invoker is caught in Chronosphere, he will most likely be the primary target due to the large teamfight contribution he can provide.
* Nether Ward on its own can greatly hinder Invoker from casting many of his abilities, at least until he gets a significant amount of HP or is under the protection of spell immunity from Black King Bar * Life Drain provides True sight, revealing Invoker through Ghost Walk, and forcing him or his allies to use an ability or item to interrupt its channeling * Outside of Nether Ward's range, Invoker shall have the advantage, as Invoker has Tornado to purge Pugna's Decrepify when it is used defensively, Tornado or Cold Snap to prevent Pugna from channeling Life Drain * A poorly used Decrepify on Pugna's allies means Invoker's abilities can be used to deal more damage to them. Additional: * Because Invoker relies on casting a large amount of spells to contribute to fights, Nether Ward can force him to not cast anything at all or take a large amount of damage to cast spells.
* Earth Spirit is a dangerous foe to encounter for Invoker in the early stages of the game. Since Invoker needs to gain levels as fast as possible and is not very strong in the early game, Earth Spirit can use his incredible early game power to gank Invoker and ruin his game plan. * Earth Spirit combines stuns and silences with his spells and can apply them from a great distance. This is bad for Invoker as he is dependent on a smart usage of his spells with Invoke and Earth Spirit can disrupt his combos easily.
* Techies spends lots of time standing still planting stacks of Land Mines away from creep waves. * Sacred Arrow can be used to scout hidden Land Mines among trees and at uphill places. It can also be used to catch Techies while he's planting them. * If Techies is hit with a Sacred Arrow, he can be killed before he has a chance to use Blast Off!. * Mirana has a high attack range to destroy his traps from a safe distance.
* Doom completely takes Invoker out of a team fight, a hero who relies heavily on using abilities and items to contribute in team fights. Additional: * Doom is a good way to shut down Invoker, preventing from casting spells and using items for a lengthy time, thus forcing him to invest on Linken's Sphere.
* Heroes that depend on disrupting fights with ability combos or big ultimate abilities are vulnerable to the long stun of Fiend's Grip: Disruptor, Death Prophet, Enigma, Faceless Void, Invoker, Lich, Magnus, Mars, Medusa, Outworld Destroyer, Phoenix, Puck, Queen of Pain, Shadow Fiend, Treant Protector, Underlord, Winter Wyvern, Witch Doctor, Zeus.
* Astral Imprisonment allows Outworld Destroyer to save himself or ally from Invoker's combo, or remove Invoker from a fight temporarily. * Arcane Orb's pure damage will deal a lot of damage against Invoker's mediocre strength gain. * E.M.P. is useless against Outworld Destroyer by activating Equilibrium. * However, be aware that Sanity's Eclipse will most likely not deal any damage at all, due to Invoker's high intelligence gain compared to Outworld Destroyer's.
* Any heroes with high intelligence, such as Invoker and Pugna.
* Nyx Assassin can simply activate Spiked Carapace while under many Invoker's abilities to stun him. * Nyx Assassin takes advantage of Invoker's massive intelligence gain to do tons of damage using Mind Flare, as the spell does more damage based on the target's intelligence. * Vendetta burns a large amount of Invoker's essential mana pool.
* Some abilities deals damage from an independent source and not from the hero itself, so Nyx cannot counter them with Spiked Carapace: illusions or summoning units, Homing Missile, Nimbus, Mass Serpent Ward, Death Ward and especially Techies's mines.
* Heroes with long animations can be frequently interrupted with Cold Snap: Earthshaker, Monkey King, Shadow FiendLina
* Proximity Mines can be placed near trees to detect Monkey King. * Follow up with Blast Off! to destroy the tree, causing Monkey King to take high damage, fall from the tree, and become stunned. Additional: * Techies can turn his tree jumping ability against him, by placing Proximity Mines that will detect him near trees, and then destroying the trees around him with Blast Off, stunning him and dealing high damage, on top of him being silenced when the stun expires. * Monkey King's mobility is also severely limited around Techies' mines as he will almost always trigger them due to the cooldown time between tree jumps. Monkey King will be forced to take mine damage or escape with Primal Spring.
* Cold Snap can prevent Timbersaw from using both Timber Chain and Chakram due to the frequent stuns interrupting the lengthy cast animations, as well as stopping him mid-chain. This can negate Timbersaw's attempts to escape or dole out extra ability damage. * Later in the game, Invoker's heavy magical and pure damage can be difficult to avoid, meaning Timbersaw's armor is less useful.
* Morphling usually has low max health due to shifting strength into agility, which combined with Blast Off's silence will prevent him from using Waveform and Adaptive Strike (Strength), leaving him defenseless and making him an easy target to burst down.
* Heroes with summons like Broodmother, Enigma, Nature's Prophet; or illusions, like Naga Siren, Terrorblade are effective at keeping the choke points and rune spawns safe from Proximity Mines.
* Heroes who can summon illusions and summons because Terrorblade has no abilities to deal with multiple enemies at once outside Reflection: Shadow Shaman, Naga Siren, Broodmother, Lycan, Enigma, Chaos Knight, Phantom Lancer, Shadow Demon, Dark Seer, Nature's Prophet, Invoker, Morphling, Visage, Grimstroke with Aghanim's Scepter.
* Techies deals lots of magical damage with Sticky Bomb, Blast Off! and Proximity Mines that bypasses Terrorblade's high armor and can punish his low max life. * Sticky Bomb is easy to land on a large clump of Terrorblade illusions and will damage and slow Terrorblade and all of his illusions if he can't quickly move the right one away. * Reactive Tazer upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter can be used to protect an ally getting attacked by Terrorblade. Further, it disarms all of his illusions even while he has activated Black King Bar, greatly decreasing his damage. * Blast Off! stuns Terrorblade, preventing him from casting Sunder.
* E.M.P. allows Invoker to burn Medusa's mana to weaken Mana Shield. * Medusa's lack of mobility makes her easy to kite with Invoker's spells. Additional: * E.M.P. is a large mana burn nuke which can hit Medusa's Mana shield with enough damage to lose even more mana. * Deafening Blast disarms Medusa's ability to deal pseudo-AOE damage during teamfights. * Cold Snap allows the opposing team to repeatedly stun Medusa in short succession, preventing her from successfully casting her ultimate due to its long cast time.
* Remote Mines are frequently placed in trees, and can thus kill an unwary Hoodwink should she Scurry away due to her low HP pool. * Blast Off! can clear out trees, denying the tactical advantages from Scurry.
* Invoker's arsenal of magical spells are troublesome for Sniper who has low HP and high armor, which does not benefit him much against Invoker. * Besides magical damage, he can be disarmed and repeatedly mini-stunned with Cold Snap, preventing him from reacting. * Leveling Quas can allow Invoker to lane effectively against Sniper despite right-click harassment.
* Ice Wall can slow down Charge of Darkness in its tracks at max level, allowing counterplays such as Cold Snap to end the charge, bursting down with Tornado, Meteor, and right clicks, or even teleporting back to spawn to drag Spirit Breaker into the fountain. * Cold Snap (if timed right) and Invoker's other disables like Tornado can interrupt Charge of Darkness, especially since Charge is telegraphed by the symbol appearing over head. Additional: * Cold Snap allows Invoker to interrupt Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike. * Tornado's long range can be used to cancel Charge of Darkness. * Deafening Blast prevents Spirit Breaker from right clicking and thus proccing his Greater Bash.
* Quas-Exort Invoker can win the mid lane easily against Alchemist because Quas regeneration will nullify Acid Spray's damage over time and Exort damage bonus will allow Invoker to out last hit Alchemist.
* Invoker's numerous area-of-effect abilities can interrupt Primal Beast, especially while he is in the middle of a team fight, where Primal Beast thrives. (Tornado, Cold Snap, and Ice Wall all help to disable Primal Beast and control him from a distance. * E.M.P. disintegrates Primal Beast's low mana pool. * However, Invoker is quite a slow-paced hero and not particularly known for being survivable against a rampaging Primal Beast with Black King Bar.
* Tornado allows Invoker to purge Necrophos's Ghost Shroud, nullifying any benefits he could get out of it * E.M.P. allows Invoker to burn Necrophos's mana, preventing him from using his abilities constantly
* Quas Exort Invoker has high physical damage in the form of Cold Snap and Forged Spirits that allows him to trade hits with Huskar. * Although Huskar can dispel Cold Snap with Life Break. * Sun Strike deals pure damage and pierces spell immunity, and Huskar tends to drain his HP, making him a susceptible target.
* Invoker's Forge Spirit can negate Flux. * Provided he does a right combo with Chaos Meteor, Invoker can easily burst down Arc Warden (plus his clone if he spawns it.) * An early Orchid Malevolence can shut down Arc Warden pretty hard, especially when Invoker has a good lane against him if he kills him early on. * Deafening Blast and Ice Wall limit's Arc Wardens mobility and damage, crippling him greatly.
* Techies has great area of effect damage to deal with Phantasm illusions. * Blast Off silences Chaos Knight, stopping him from using his disables and allowing his teammates to walk away from his heavy damage. * Reactive Tazer will disarm all of Chaos Knight's illusions even if he has activated his Black King Bar.
* Techies can easily catch Chen off guard and kill him quickly with Blast Off! and Ethereal Blade combo, especially because Blast Off! can silence Chen and stun him when upgraded with Aghanim's Shard. * However, Chen's converted creeps can trigger Proximity Mines, wasting them.
* In the early to mid game, Invoker is defenseless against Storm Spirit's ganking with Ball Lightning and Orchid Malevolence.
* Heroes with mana burn: Nyx Assassin, Invoker, Outworld Destroyer, Pugna, Lion
* If Storm Spirit isn't careful, he could fall into a trap set by Techies and another hero acting as bait. * Stasis Trap roots Storm Spirit for 2/3/4/5 seconds and Blast Off! silences for 4/5/6/7 seconds, which effectively prevents Storm Spirit from using Ball Lightning to escape for a lengthy duration.
* Heroes with naturally low mana can be easily shut down by E.M.P.: Sven, Tiny, Wraith King, Omniknight
Additional: * Tornado dispels Heavenly Grace and Guardian Angel from multiple targets. * Guardian Angel is generally useless against Invoker as he primarily relies on magical damage. * E.M.P. depletes Omniknight's already small mana pool. * Invoker's many disables keep Omniknight's team occupied until Guardian Angel times out.
* Wraith King is not afraid to walk into mines, whenever he goes with his Reincarnation ready.
* E.M.P. allows Invoker to burn Wraith King's mana to prevent Reincarnation from triggering (only until Wraith King gets his Aghanim's Shard). * Ice Wall and Cold Snap are particularly crippling for Wraith King as they allow to kite him very effectively, preventing him from dealing melee attack damage. Additional: * Invoker can drain Wraith King's mana with E.M.P., preventing him from reincarnating unless Wraith King has his Aghanim's Shard. * Even if Wraith King survives and reincarnates, Invoker still has an arsenal of spells to lockdown Wraith King, including an easily setup Ice Wall. * Tornado applies an area dispel to clear skeletons.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.