* Heroes with spell immunity: Juggernaut, Pangolier, Huskar.
* Swashbuckle can be used for Pangolier to escape or kill Broodmother's spiders. Combined with Lucky Shot Pangolier can potentially disarm Broodmother preventing her from lifestealing off enemies. * Shield Crash can be used for wave clear to deal with Broodmother's spiders. * Rolling Thunder can be used as an escape or a means of initiating on Broodmother. Additional: * Swashbuckle and Shield Crash quickly destroys Broodmother's spiderlings and spiderites. * Lucky Shot's disarm is very valuable when dealing with a Broodmother during her Insatiable Hunger.
* X Marks the Spot prevents Broodmother from escaping. * Tidebringer can clear Broodmother's spiders if they get in range. Additional: * Kunkka's entire kit is great for taking out multiple units at once. * Tidebringer's cleave will split through a wave of spiderlings. * X Marks the Spot is great for dragging Broodmother back out of her web for Kunkka's team to set up on her. * Torrent and Ghostship will demolish any spiderlings within the radius.
* Echo Stomp can impede Broodmother's ability to push towers due to its low cooldown and long sleep duration. * Astral Spirit can provide Elder Titan large amounts of damage, armor, and movement speed from her spiderlings. * Natural Order negates Broodmother and her spiderling's base armor and magic resistance, increasing most damage dealt to them.
* Broodmother and her Spiderlings need to be very careful during the laning stage against Jakiro, as Jakiro can take down Broodmother's Spiderlings, preventing her from pushing as well as gaining a good amount of gold.
* Aftershock in combination with Enchant Totem prevents Broodmother from continuing to attack Earthshaker without being repeatedly stunned. * Echo Slam is greatly amplified by Spiderlings, often instantly killing Broodmother, her swarm, and anyone else unfortunate enough to be nearby. * Earthshaker's vast amount of stuns makes it difficult for Broodmother to continue attacking enemies (to continue lifestealing with Insatiable Hunger) without Black King Bar. Additional: * Echo Slam's damage potential increases phenomenally due to Broodmother's hordes of spiderlings and spiderites. * Long ranged Fissures can hit Broodmother if she runs into the treeline at the edges of the map.
* Ion Shell zones out Broodmother in the laning phase, and can kill her spiderlings if used on one Spiderling in a group. * Vacuum can pull Broodmother out of the treeline. Additional: * Ion Shell is a very powerful weapon against Broodmother's Spiderlings and makes her laning much harder.
* Great Cleave cleans up Spiderlings quicker than most spells, as it ignores their magic resistance. * Sven is a natural Black King Bar carrier, protecting him from Silken Bola, Spawn Spiderlings and Orchid Malevolence. * Warcry and God's Strength allow Sven to easily out-damage Broodmother. Additional: * Great Cleave clears Spiderlings quickly to increase gold income. * Warcry shields Sven and his allies against Broodmother and her Spiderlings.
* Death Pulse can easily wipe out Broodmother's spiderlings if they're too close while also offering Necrophos a source of regeneration for Broodmother's harass in lane. * Ghost Shroud prevents Broodmother or her spiderlings from damaging Necrophos temporarily until Broodmother buys Nullifieror Revenant's Brooch. * Heartstopper Aura will regenerate lost health and mana for every spiderling or spiderite Necrophos manages to kill.
* Burrowstrike can be used as an escape or initiation against Broodmother. * Sand Storm quickly kills any spiderlings caught inside if Sand King can manage to stun them. Additional: * Caustic Finale allows Sand King to easily kill Broodmother's Spiderlings throughout the game. * Sand King can usually catch a split pushing Broodmother with Blink Dagger and Burrowstrike.
* Overwhelming Odds's damage stacks with each enemy unit in its radius. If this hits Broodmother and a large number of spiders it can deal significant amounts of damage. * Moment of Courage has a high chance to proc if Broodmother and all of her spiders are attacking her. * Duel can keep Broodmother in place long enough for Legion's team to kill her. Additional: * Overwhelming Odds is great at killing many stacked up spiderlings, thus giving Legion Commander a large buff. * Duel is a reliable way to lock down Broodmother, preventing her from running into the treeline.
* Alchemist can easily farm Spiderlings with Acid Spray and Greevil's Greed. * Alchemist's Chemical Rage nullifies Broodmother's Insatiable Hunger Additional: * Greevil's Greed makes Broodmother’s spiderlings far more valuable to Alchemist making it important that he does farm them as opposed to other heroes where the spider's bounties are negligible. * Acid Spray makes it difficult to attack Alchemist in lane without losing some spiderlings to the damage over time, potentially giving him farm he wouldn't have otherwise.
* Berserker's Call can catch Broodmother in her web, as well as groups of spiderlings. This is particularly effective when Broodmother attempts to push towers with her spiderlings. * Counter Helix destroys spiderlings very quickly and earns Axe a good deal of gold. Additional: * Berserker's Call forces Broodmother and her spiderlings to attack, allowing for large amounts of pure damage to be done through Counter Helix.
* Nether Ward punishes Leshrac's constant mana usage from spamming spells. * Leshrac needs to be in the thick of the fight to deal damage, and so cannot escape from Nether Blast nor Life Drain easily. Additional: * Leshrac needs to be close to target in order to do damage, Pugna can outrun Leshrac with ease due to his superior movement speed. * Split Earth can also be hard to land on Pugna for the same reason. * Leshrac uses huge amounts of mana to do damage, Nether Ward forces him to either not contribute in a fight or kill himself in the process.
* Spiderlings are a good source of farm for Necromastery and can be quickly killed with Shadowraze. * Shadow Fiend is a natural Black King Bar carrier, protecting him from any of Broodmother's abilities. * Requiem of Souls combined with Eul's Scepter of Divinity can potentially kill Broodmother before she gets a Black King Bar.
* Quill Spray destroys spiderlings, and hits Broodmother even when she's regenerating in her webs. This makes Bristleback one of her hardest counters in lane. Additional: * Bristleback reduces most of Broodmother's and her spiderlings' damage. * Quill Spray will hit any spiders in its proximity, hindering Broodmother's fighting and farming capabilities.
* Light Strike Array in combination with Dragon Slave can easily clear Broodmother's spiders. * Laguna Blade offers extensive damage that can kill Broodmother early on or before she is able to use Insatiable Hunger in attempts to salvage a fight.
* Void Spirit's AoE damage make short work of Broodmother's spiderlings * Even in she is within the range of her spiderwebs from Spin Web Broodmother cannot escape Void Spirit's mobility. Additional: * Void Spirit's AoE damage make short work of Broodmother's spiderlings * Broodmother cannot escape Void Spirit's mobility, even in her webs.
* Ball Lightning and Electric Vortex will catch Broodmother before she has a chance to retreat, and is able to catch her through the trees. * Conversely, Ball Lightning also allows him to easily escape Broodmother, as she has no way to prevent him from using it before getting Orchid Malevolence.
* Breathe Fire will clear Broodmother's spiderites while significantly damaging her spiderlings and decreasing their damage output. * Dragon Blood's added armor and regen mitigates the damage done by Broodmother and her spiders. * Elder Dragon Form at level 2 and above applies splash damage to Dragon Knight's auto attacks.
* Sleight of Fist keeps Ember Spirit invulnerable until he hits every unit in its area of effect allowing him to stall for large amounts of time against Broodmother and her large amounts of spiderlings, or potentially damaging them enough if equipped with an item to improve wave clearing such as Battle Fury or Maelstrom to prevent her pushes entirely. * Flame Guard will damage any of Broodmother's spiders in an area, deterring her from attempting to kill him. It can also be used during Sleight of Fist to amplify damage done. * Fire Remnant allows Ember Spirit an escape from Broodmother that is unaffected by her Incapacitating Bite.
* Heroes with area of effect abilities that increase in power based on the number of units struck: Earthshaker, Legion Commander, Grimstroke.
Additional: * Stroke of Fate can deal heavy damage to Broodmother and her spiders, and with enough spiders it can kill her instantly. * Phantom's Embrace provides vision on Broodmother when she's fleeing into the trees.
* Anti-Mage can withstand magical burst damage much better than other carries, making him effective against nukers: Lich, Necrophos, Oracle, and Leshrac.
Additional: * Counterspell severely reduces Leshrac's magical damage.Counterspell also impacted reflect Lightning Storm and send back to Leshrac's also affected from movement speed. * Leshrac already burns through his own mana with Pulse Nova, Mana Break will burn through even more. * Leshrac's high mana pool will increase the amount of damage Mana Void does to him when his mana is low.
* Oracle's Fate's Edict will protect an ally from Leshrac's nuking damage. * Oracle's False Promise can dispel Leshrac's stun and slow from his abilities, allowing an ally to escape. * Fortune's End can stop Leshrac from chasing opponents or running away.
* Oracle cannot easily deal with swarms of units, making him weak against heroes like Phantom Lancer or Broodmother.
* Nyx Assassin's Spiked Carapace will stun Leshrac when hit by any of his AOE abilities. * Mind Flare deals high damage due to Leshrac's high intelligence gain. * Vendetta burns a large amount of Leshrac's essential mana pool.
* Heroes with very little to no area-of-effect abilities will struggle greatly against Broodmother: Sniper, Phantom Assassin, Nyx Assassin, Bane, Visage, Bounty Hunter.
* Reactive Armor prevents Broodmother's spiderlings from being able to effectively harass Timbersaw in the lane. * Timber Chain's high mobility makes Silken Bola's slow irrelevant, unless Broodmother already bought her Orchid. * Silken Bola's miss chance doesnt affect Rizzrack that much because he does not rely on his autoattacks much. * Lotus Orb items for Timbersaw make Silken Bola useless. * Timbersaw's abilities can destroy any trees that Broodmother attempts to hide in and his AoE abilities can quickly clear her Spiderlings. Additional: * Spiderlings deal almost no damage against Reactive Armor. They also die quickly from Timbersaw's AoE abilities. * Broodmother has no mobility ability except the movement speed buff from Spin Web, allowing Timbersaw to easily escape her Silken Bola with Timber Chain. * Timbersaw's tree-cutting abilities make it difficult for Broodmother to hide, especially near the edges of the map.
* Timbersaw has a difficult time against magical and pure damage: Lina, Leshrac, Enchantress, Queen of Pain
* Heroes who can clear the waves of Enigma's Eidolons: Lina, Luna, Dawnbreaker, Jakiro, Shadow Shaman, Death Prophet, Keeper of the Light, Invoker, Leshrac, Puck.
* Broodmother can kill Enigma's Eidolons with Spawn Spiderlings, and spawn her spiderlings in their place. But remember that Enigma can do the same to Broodmother's spiderlings with Demonic Conversion and Midnight Pulse. * Without the protection from Black King Bar, Broodmother can cancel Enigma's Black Hole with Bloodthorn and make him more vulnerable to damage. Broodmother can also buy Abyssal Blade to cancel Enigma's Black Hole even through Black King Bar. * Silken Bola causes Enigma's attacks to miss a lot and renders him more vulnerable to magical damage. And if Broodmother takes 400 AoE Silken Bola, then she will be able to use to cause Enigma's Eidolons to miss their attacks as well. In addition, Enigma does not like to buy items to provide him true strike such as Bloodthorn, Monkey King Bar, Witch Blade and it's upgrade Revenant's Brooch. * If Broodmother is lucky enough to survive being trapped in Black Hole, she will be able to recover her lost health with Insatiable Hunger. * Aghanim's Scepter gives Broodmother access to Spinner's Snare, which allows her to create invisible lines on her webs from Spin Web that will root Enigma, deal damage over time to Enigma and reveal Enigma if he unwittingly steps on them, disrupting his attempts to initiate with Black Hole, prevent him from using Blink Dagger, while also alerting Broodmother on his attempts to ambush her and her allies. Additional: * Broodmother can kill Enigma's Eidolons with Spawn Spiderlings, and spawn her spiderlings in their place. But remember that Enigma can do the same to Broodmother's spiderlings with Demonic Conversion and Midnight Pulse. * Without the protection from Black King Bar, Broodmother can cancel Enigma's Black Hole with Bloodthorn and make him more vulnerable to damage. Broodmother can also buy Abyssal Blade to cancel Enigma's Black Hole even through Black King Bar. * Silken Bola causes Enigma's attacks to miss a lot and renders him more vulnerable to magical damage. And if Broodmother takes 400 AoE Silken Bola, then she will be able to use to cause Enigma's Eidolons to miss their attacks as well. In addition, Enigma does not like to buy items to provide him true strike such as Bloodthorn, Monkey King Bar, Witch Blade and it's upgrade Revenant's Brooch. * If Broodmother is lucky enough to survive being trapped in Black Hole, she will be able to recover her lost health with Insatiable Hunger. * Aghanim's Scepter gives Broodmother access to Spinner's Snare, which allows her to create invisible lines on her webs from Spin Web that will root Enigma, deal damage over time to Enigma and reveal Enigma if he unwittingly steps on them, disrupting his attempts to initiate with Black Hole, prevent him from using Blink Dagger, while also alerting Broodmother on his attempts to ambush her and her allies.
* Io is a hero who needs to be close to it's tethered target to make it effective, and that's where Leshrac gets the advantage thanks to many of his area-of-effect abilities. * Lightning Storm will usually hit both Io and its tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to both, Io and its tethered target. Additional: * Lightning Storm will usually hit both Io and his Tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump. It can then be followed up by Split Earth. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to Io and his Tethered target.
* Heroes with both illusions and summons, for Io has nothing to deal with multiple enemies at once outside from Spirits's weak area-of-effect: Beastmaster, Broodmother, Chaos Knight, Lycan, Naga Siren, Nature's Prophet, Phantom Lancer, Shadow Shaman, Terrorblade, Visage, Warlock, Wraith King.
* Heroes who summon multiple units that are not spell immune. Nature's Prophet,Lycan,Beastmaster
* Sprout cannot protect Nature's Prophet if Broodmother puts down a web. * Nature's Prophet's low mobility means he is defenseless against Silken Bola. * Spiderlings can absorb much of the damage from Wrath of Nature. Additional: * Broodmother can destroy Nature's Prophet's Treants with Spawn Spiderlings and summon spiderlings in their place. * Broodmother loves buying Orchid Malevolence, which can prevent Nature's Prophet from escaping with Sprout and Teleportation.
* Heroes with either magical, physical or pure damage burst: Bane, Ember Spirit, Leshrac, Lina, Luna, Nyx Assassin, Phantom Assassin, Skywrath Mage, Tinker, Ursa, Void Spirit.
Additional: * Leshrac's AoE abilities make quick work of Chen's creep army.
* Chen's low mobility and lack of AoE abilities makes him an easy target for Broodmother and her Spiderlings. * Broodmother can easily pick off Chen's creeps with Spawn Spiderlings, and by ambushing them through terrain in her web. Additional: * Chen has no area-of-effect spells to deal with Broodmother's spiderlings and must rely on his creeps to take care of them. * Spawn Spiderlings can kill Chen's creeps and spawn spiderlings in their place. * Spin Web allows Broodmother to disrupt Chen's jungling. * Silken Bola will cause Chen and his creeps's attack to miss more often while also making them more vulnerable to magical damage, especially if Broodmother picks 400 AoE Silken Bola talent. * Broodmother is a natural Bloodthorn wielder, which will allow her to prevent Chen from trying to save himself with Hand of God while also making him more vulnerable to damage, and when combined with Insatiable Hunger, it will spell a quick and certain death for Chen. Bloodthorn's passive ability will also reduce any spell damage Chen tries to inflict with his creeps. * Spinner's Snare from Aghanim's Scepter allows Broodmother to create invisible lines on her webs from Spin Web that will root Chen and his creeps, deal damage over time to them and reveal them if they unwittingly steps on them, disrupting Chen's jungling even more while also alerting Broodmother on their attempts to ambush her and her allies.
* Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units around Leshrac, making it very easy for him to kill the Summon Familiars. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova also deal many instances of damage, nullifying Gravekeeper's Cloak. * Split Earth and Lightning Storm makes it difficult for Visage to kite Leshrac, even while under the effects of Grave Chill.
* Heroes with very little to no area-of-effect abilities will struggle greatly against Broodmother: Sniper, Phantom Assassin, Nyx Assassin, Bane, Visage, Bounty Hunter.
* As Terrorblade's damage output comes mainly from direct attacks, he will struggle greatly against heroes who have abilities that give evasion, trigger on attack or which can disarm an enemy hero: Centaur Warrunner, Hoodwink, Huskar, Invoker, Leshrac with Nihilism from Aghanim's Scepter, Lifestealer with Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Infest, Pangolier, Phantom Assassin, Pugna, Techies, Windranger etc.
* Heroes who can summon illusions and summons because Terrorblade has no abilities to deal with multiple enemies at once outside Reflection: Shadow Shaman, Naga Siren, Broodmother, Lycan, Enigma, Chaos Knight, Phantom Lancer, Shadow Demon, Dark Seer, Nature's Prophet, Invoker, Morphling, Visage, Grimstroke with Aghanim's Scepter.
* Enchantress's lack of AoE abilities allows Broodmother to swarm her with Spiderlings. * Spawn Spiderlings can kill enchanted creeps. * However, keep in mind that Untouchable makes it harder for Brood to actually hit Enchantress, even if Broodmother is spell immune. Additional: * Enchantress can be easily overwhelmed with Broodmother's spiderlings from Spawn Spiderlings and Enchantress can only control one of them with Enchant and she has no good waveclear (Spawn Spiderlings can also kill creeps controlled with Enchant). * However, Untouchable's attack speed reduction can make it difficult for Broodmother to kill Enchantress even with any form of spell immunity.
* Webbed areas can be used to hit and run, covering distance hastily weakening her on the way and initiating ganks. * Even though Medusa can hunt down Spiderlings easily when given enough range, Silken Bola will cause her attacks to miss and get her swarmed in no time. * Medusa usually does not build a Black King Bar to benefit from Mana Shield fully while Broodmother can fit a Diffusal Blade to burn away all of Medusa's mana. Additional: * Spin Web will allow Broodmother to pick her own fights and sometimes slip away to ambush Medusa. * Though Medusa's Split Shot and Mystic Snake can help Medusa deal with Broodmother's spiderlings, Broodmother will create too much of them for her to handle, allowing her to outnumber Medusa's targets from Split Shot and shield her team in process.
* Though Mirana can clear waves of Broodmother's spiderlings with Starstorm, Broodmother will often stick with her spiderlings from Spawn Spiderlings, which in combination with the huge speed provided by Spin Web can make it hard for Mirana to hit her with Sacred Arrow. * Broodmother commonly buys Orchid Malevolence and it's upgrade Bloodthorn, which allows her to prevent Mirana from escaping with both, Leap and Moonlight Shadow and from fighting back with Starstorm. Additional: * Though Mirana can clear waves of Broodmother's spiderlings with Starstorm, Broodmother will often stick with her spiderlings from Spawn Spiderlings, which in combination with the huge speed provided by Spin Web can make it hard for Mirana to hit her with Sacred Arrow. * Broodmother commonly buys Orchid Malevolence and it's upgrade Bloodthorn, which allows her to prevent Mirana from escaping with both, Leap and Moonlight Shadow and from fighting back with Starstorm.
* Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova will tear apart any illusions spawned from Disruption * Split Earth can punish improper usage of Disruption. * Leshrac does not have any buffs that can be removed by Demonic Purge. Additional: * Pulse Nova makes quick work of any illusions with amplified damage, and deals damage even if Leshrac is in Disruption. * An attempt to save an ally using Disruption can easily become a perfect setup for a Split Earth for the enemy. * Disruption does not stop Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova once they start pulsing, and even worse it provides a safe shelter for Leshrac to keep pumping up his powerful AoE damage onto the battlefield. * Shadow Demon doesn't have the burst damage to take Leshrac out of the fight quickly, although Demonic Purge can help his allies kill a squishy Leshrac.
* Bounty Hunter's single-targeted arsenal of abilities make him an easy target for Broodmother and her Spiderlings. * Broodmother often buys Orchid Malevolence and it's upgrade Bloodthorn, which allows her to stop Bounty Hunter from escaping with Shadow Walk. Additional: * Like with Bane, Bounty Hunter's single-targeted arsenal of abilities make him an easy target for Broodmother and her Spiderlings. * Broodmother often buys Orchid Malevolence and it's upgrade Bloodthorn, which allows her to stop Bounty Hunter from escaping with Shadow Walk.
* Bane's single-targeted arsenal of abilities make him an easy target for Broodmother and her Spiderlings. * Broodmother often buys Orchid Malevolence and it's upgrade Bloodthorn, which allows her to cancel Fiend's Grip, and completely shut Bane down. Additional: * Bane's single-targeted arsenal of abilities make him an easy target for Broodmother and her Spiderlings. * Broodmother often buys Orchid Malevolence and it's upgrade Bloodthorn, which allows her to cancel Fiend's Grip, and completely shut Bane down.
* Broodmother can easily clear Wraith King's skeletons with Spawn Spiderlings and summon spiderlings in their place. * With Diffusal Blade, Broodmother can prevent Wraith King from reincarnating unless Wraith King has his Aghanim's Shard.
* All of Leshrac's abilities, especially Pulse Nova, can easily deal with Naga Siren's illusions. * Aghanim's Scepter gives Leshrac access to Nihilism ability, that allows him to turn himself along with Naga Siren and her illusions to turn ethereal. And to make things worse, Nihilism can slow Naga Siren and her illusions, make them more vulnerable to magical damage and unable to fight back while Leshrac moves faster and does not take increased magical damage for it's duration.
* Phantom Assassin's single target abilities make her very helpless against swarms of Spiderlings without Battle Fury. * Because Phantom Assassin is always reliant on critical strikes, Broodmother will usually have enough time to use Spin Web to save herself. * Silken Bola can cripple Phantom Assassin greatly due to her being 100% reliant on physical attacks. Additional: * Phantom Assassin's single target abilities make her very helpless against swarms of Spiderlings without Battle Fury. * Because Phantom Assassin is always reliant on critical strikes, Broodmother will usually have enough time to use Spin Web to save herself. * Silken Bola can cripple Phantom Assassin greatly due to her being 100% reliant on physical attacks.
* None of Arc Warden's abilities are very effective against Broodmother and her spiderlings. * A good Broodmother looks to end the match early while Arc Warden, a very item reliant hero, thrives in longer matches. * Arc Warden has no innate disables to stop Broodmother from lifestealing with Insatiable Hunger and shredding through his relatively lower armor.
* Broodmother can kill Invoker easily in the early game with her Spawn Spiderlings and her spiderlings. * Broodmother is both an Orchid Malevolence and a Nullifier carrier. As she can farm it early, she can kill Invoker easily.
* Charge of Darkness provides shared vision over its target, keeping track of heroes who rely on invisibility, mobility, or illusions: Riki, Broodmother, Phantom Lancer
* Heroes who can continue dealing damage even while being stunned: Luna, Razor, Axe, Bristleback, Leshrac, Death Prophet.
* Heroes with summons and illusions as Spirit Breaker has no strong AoE capabilities to deal with them: Chaos Knight, Phantom Lancer, Terrorblade, Naga Siren, Broodmother, Warlock, Visage, Nature's Prophet, Shadow Shaman, Lycan.
* Heroes with no AoE abilities will struggle against Phantom Lancer: Phantom Assassin, Broodmother
* Leshrac can easily clear Phantom Lancer's illusions with his huge area of effect damage. Additional: * Leshrac's AoE abilities destroy Phantom Lancer's illusions. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova require no targeting, thus hitting Phantom Lancer whenever he's nearby.
* Heroes with long cast animations can be continuously interrupted by Battery Assault: Centaur Warrunner, Jakiro, Leshrac, Naga Siren, Underlord.
Additional: * Clockwerk naturally builds Blade Mail, reflecting Leshrac's high magic damage output back at him. * Power Cogs will prevent Leshrac from reaching Clockwerk's team and dealing large AOE damage to them. * Power Cogs will also keep Leshrac close, wasting his Diabolic Edict on just Clockwerk. * Battery Assault interrupts Leshrac's long cast times of Split Earth and Lightning Storm.
* Clockwerk lacks burst damage, and that makes him vulnerable to heroes who can recover themselves and turn the fight around to their advantage after Clockwerk finishes his initiation. Additionally, Clockwerk hates buying Dagon and Ethereal Blade, which are the only itmes that can help him deal with heroes who can recover themselves and turn the fight around to their advantage: Faceless Void, Terrorblade, Ursa, Weaver, Broodmother, Slark, Abaddon, Wraith King, Lifestealer.
* While Broodmother can hide in the trees with Spin Web, Primal Beast's ability to trample trees down can give him an edge in catching her. * Insatiable Hunger will not do much vs Primal Beast's onslaught of disables. * While Silken Bola can slow Primal Beast down, it's not enough to stop Trample from doing more damage than Broodmother can do back. * Spawn Spiderlings will be destroyed by Onslaught and Trample very easily.
* Diabolic Edict makes Leshrac very effective at threatening early towers and objectives which can directly cause unfavorable conflicts with Primal Beast early before he has Black King Bar to deal with the magical damage. * Pulse Nova and the rest of Leshrac's spells can overwhelm Primal Beast with magical damage. * Leshrac has generally faster movement speed than Primal Beast, especially if he has items such as Boots of Travel and Eul's Scepter of Divinity. * Bloodstone also makes him heal much more than Primal Beast can damage him at any stage of the game.
* Earthbind prevents Broodmother from escaping Meepo's attacks. * Poof will quickly clear any nearby spiders. * Broodmother often picks off single target heroes. With Meepo's Divided We Stand, it gets a lot harder once every Meepo Poofs in.
* Pulse Nova deals an insane amount of damage in an area around him, which can quickly wear down Meepo clones. * Leshrac can catch multiple Meepos in Split Earth and follow up with the rest of his area damage spells making Meepo unable to get close to Leshrac. * Diabolic Edict is a strong ability that can wear down a lone Meepo clone quickly.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.