* Clinkz survivability depends entirely on Skeleton Walk. Corrosive Haze not only makes its invisibility useless, but also makes Clinkz even more vulnerable to physical damage. Additional: * Slardar can reveal Clinkz with Corrosive Haze and make him easy to kill, and his Bash of the Deep also hits hard against Clinkz's naturally low health pool. * Slardar's Guardian Sprint can catch up with Clinkz's Skeleton Walk. * The stun and slow from Slardar's Slithereen Crush can hold Clinkz in place.
* Clinkz will often roam the map alone, and Treant Protector's Nature's Guise allows him to set up kills with his allies on Clinkz from invisibility. * Treant Protector's very high damage allowing him to trade hits or contest last hits with Clinkz, while Living Armor can be used to sustain the harass. * Living Armor protects any of Treant's allies ganked by Clinkz. * In teamfights, Treant Protector's Overgrowth can disarm Clinkz, preventing him from turning invisible and holding him in place even if he has a Black King Bar. * Leech Seed slows Clinkz, preventing him from repositioning or fleeing away from danger.
* Nyx Assassin's Spiked Carapace will stun Leshrac when hit by any of his AOE abilities. * Mind Flare deals high damage due to Leshrac's high intelligence gain. * Vendetta burns a large amount of Leshrac's essential mana pool.
* Smoke Cloud prevents the use of Death Pact, Searing Arrows and Skeleton Walk, so Clinkz can neither defend himself against Riki nor fight back effectively. * It's hard to gank Riki as Clinkz has to find him first.
* Leshrac needs to be close to target in order to do damage, Pugna can outrun Leshrac with ease due to his superior movement speed. * Split Earth can also be hard to land on Pugna for the same reason. * Leshrac uses huge amounts of mana to do damage, Nether Ward forces him to either not contribute in a fight or kill himself in the process. Additional: * Nether Ward punishes Leshrac's constant mana usage from spamming spells. * Leshrac needs to be in the thick of the fight to deal damage, and so cannot escape from Nether Blast nor Life Drain easily.
* Cold Embrace can heal herself or an ally, as well as protecting them from Clinkz's physical attacks and wasting his mana if Searing Arrows is on autocast. * Winter's Curse allows Winter Wyvern to turn Clinkz's high damage and high attack speed against his allies, or take advantage of Clinkz's fragility if he can't use Skeleton Walk.
* Track reveals Clinkz if he tries to escape with Skeleton Walk, allowing Bounty Hunter to gain lots of gold if he kills Clinkz. * Jinada with physical damage items can quickly kill Clinkz due to his low health.
* Skeleton Walk is not enough to outrun Bloodseeker, and is detected by Thirst. * Because of his low health and high damage output, Clinkz will get obliterated by Blade Mail Additional: * Thirst reveals Clinkz if he tries to escape with Skeleton Walk with low health. It also allows Bloodseeker to match or exceed Clinkz's speed. * Rupture negates the mobility provided by Skeleton Walk in any attempt to escape or reposition in fights. * Bloodseeker can easily build items to counter Clinkz, including Talisman of Evasion upgrades, Blade Mail, and armor items.
* Searing Arrows and Clinkz physical damage items are almost suicidal when used on Legion Commander, as it invites an instant Duel and Legion Commander herself is a natural Blade Mail carrier. * Duel locks down Clinkz for a long duration, preventing him from escaping with Skeleton Walk.
* Clinkz has no stun and likes to keep his distance from targets, making Marksmanship very deadly. * Clinkz also has low health, making him a perfect hero to initiate onto with Gust. * Gust can also prevent Clinkz from using Burning Barrage.
* The extra damage from Searing Arrows is largely blocked by Dragon Knight's armor. * Clinkz has too low health to survive a gank.Getting stunned keeps him down long enough for a reaction. * Breathe Fire reduces his damage,as it is physical.
* By using Morph, Morphling can use Burning Barrage and Searing Arrows to counter Clinkz himself. * Waveform can allow Morphling to easily chase down Clinkz. * Clinkz's low health pool also makes him vulnerable to Morphling's magical nukes, especially his Ethereal Blade and Adaptive Strike combo.
* Scorched Earth deals damage to Clinkz during Skeleton Walk. * Doom shuts down Clinkz entirely, as it prevents him from casting any of his spells and contributing a large amount of damage in teamfights.
* Heroes with high armor like Dragon Knight, or with abilities to cause attacks to miss like Phantom Assassin, Riki and Tinker will be hard to deal with, as Clinkz relies almost entirely on physical attacks.
* Even though Linken's Sphere will block your silence, you can cast Arcane Bolt to break it or wait until someone on your team breaks it. In addition, Linken's Sphere builders are usually squishy targets vulnerable to silences: Weaver, Queen of Pain, Morphling, Clinkz, etc. Don't forget that Ancient Seal also increases the magical damage these enemies take, along with silencing them.
* Heroes who rely on physical damage output to be effective will fare badly against Muerta's Pierce the Veil: Phantom Assassin, Terrorblade, Drow Ranger, Lifestealer, Anti-Mage, Alchemist, Lycan, Clinkz, Sniper.
* Oracle's Fate's Edict will protect an ally from Leshrac's nuking damage. * Oracle's False Promise can dispel Leshrac's stun and slow from his abilities, allowing an ally to escape. * Fortune's End can stop Leshrac from chasing opponents or running away.
* Heroes who can take advantage of Oracle's low mobility or catch him out of position, such as Clinkz and Anti-Mage, can easily pick him off.
* Spectre can instantly escape Burning Army or hunt Clinkz with Haunt. * Spectre can catch up to him with Spectral Dagger, even if he uses Skeleton Walk. * Desolate allows Spectre to hit Clinkz through Skeleton Walk. * Dispersion makes Spectre tanky and also reflects some damage back to Clinkz. Additional: * Spectre can catch Clinkz with Spectral Dagger, even if he uses Skeleton Walk. * Spectre can instantly reach a ratting Clinkz with Haunt. * Desolate's damage will melt him quickly, as he's alone most of the time.
* Heroes with good escapes can usually outmaneuver and escape from Spectre: Slark, Clinkz, Weaver
* The long silence at night prevents Clinkz from escaping with invisibility if Night Stalker can sneak up on him. He also has really low base health, so Night Stalker can usually kill him alone during one cast of Crippling Fear at night.
* Heroes that can punish aggressive heroes, such as: Leshrac, Shadow Demon, Pugna, Death Prophet.
* Possibly Clinkz's worst enemy. He has many tools to utterly destroy Clinkz. * Charge of Darkness can be used on Clinkz if Spirit Breaker's team spots him anywhere. This charge will track his location through Skeleton Walk's invisibility and movement speed bonuses. * When Spirit Breaker charges onto Clinkz, he can easily use Dust of Appearance to guarantee a reveal on him while stunned. * All three of Spirit Breaker's spells help him and his team quickly close the gap to Clinkz even at the edge of his attack range or when running away with Skeleton Walk. * Spirit Breaker's high strength and above average armor makes him able to endure Clinkz's onslaught, meanwhile Clinkz will be heavily threatened if Spirit Breaker procs a Greater Bash. Additional: * Once caught with dust, Clinkz could be locked down for a long time by Spirit Breaker and has nowhere to escape. * Charge of Darkness provides shared vision over its target, showing Clinkz even when he is in Skeleton Walk.
* Heroes who can continue dealing damage even while being stunned: Luna, Razor, Axe, Bristleback, Leshrac, Death Prophet.
* Anti-Mage can withstand magical burst damage much better than other carries, making him effective against nukers: Lich, Necrophos, Oracle, and Leshrac.
Additional: * Counterspell severely reduces Leshrac's magical damage.Counterspell also impacted reflect Lightning Storm and send back to Leshrac's also affected from movement speed. * Leshrac already burns through his own mana with Pulse Nova, Mana Break will burn through even more. * Leshrac's high mana pool will increase the amount of damage Mana Void does to him when his mana is low.
* Heroes who build mana boosting items but have low mana regeneration are especially vulnerable against Mana Break and Mana Void: Timbersaw, Slark, Shadow Fiend, Clinkz, BristlebackNyx Assassin, Magnus
* Anti-Mage's Counterspell provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output. * Clinkz can easily rush an Orchid Malevolence to prevent Blinking, although Anti-Mage can easily dispel it via Manta Style. * Clinkz does heavy damage to towers, and can take map control away from Anti-Mage to limit the space he has to farm early game. If Clinkz is ahead he is capable of ending the game before Anti-Mage becomes a threat. He can also match Anti-Mage's ability to split push.
* Lightning Storm will usually hit both Io and his Tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump. It can then be followed up by Split Earth. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to Io and his Tethered target. Additional: * Io is a hero who needs to be close to it's tethered target to make it effective, and that's where Leshrac gets the advantage thanks to many of his area-of-effect abilities. * Lightning Storm will usually hit both Io and its tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to both, Io and its tethered target.
* Burning Barrage and Tar Bomb allow Clinkz to quickly kill Io due to its low armor. * Clinkz iz a hero that very often goes for Orchid Malevolence, and its upgrade Bloodthorn. Alternatively, Clinkz also loves to buy Gleipnir. And if Clinkz has both of them, he will be able to root and silence Io and prevent him from escaping with either Tether or Relocate.
* Leshrac's AoE abilities make quick work of Chen's creep army.
* Clinkz's Skeleton Walk allows him to easily sneak on Chen and bypass his creeps. It also allows him to escape from them. * Clinkz can easily kill Chen's creeps with Death Pact and gain gold, health, damage and abilities from them when upgraded with Death Pact Steal creep abilities talent. * Clinkz naturally loves buying Gleipnir, which allows him to easily root Chen and his creeps and to kill them more easily with Burning Barrage from Aghanim's Shard. * Clinkz can kill Chen or any of his allies with his physical damage burst from Strafe, Tar Bomb and Burning Barrage from Aghanim's Shard before he can use Hand of God. Especially when Clinkz has Gleipnir and Daedalus. Clinkz can also buy Bloodthorn to prevent Chen from even trying to use Hand of God.
* Heroes who can clear the waves of Enigma's Eidolons: Lina, Luna, Dawnbreaker, Jakiro, Shadow Shaman, Death Prophet, Keeper of the Light, Invoker, Leshrac, Puck.
* Despite Clinkz's fragility, his harassment in the early game can be devastating; as he can kite Enigma and his Eidolons and claim their bounty with Burning Barrage and Tar Bomb. * Clinkz often goes for a disabling item like Bloodthorn or Gleipnir, which allows him to cancel Enigma's Black Hole until Enigma gets Black King Bar. Gleipnir can also root Enigma, preventing him from using Blink Dagger to escape from Clinkz. * Even with Black King Bar, Clinkz can still easily kill Enigma as all of his abilities ingore spell immunity, and Enigma is a very easy target for Burning Barrage, which means Clinkz can solo Enigma at any stage of the game unless Clinkz is caught in Black Hole.
* Heroes who summon multiple units that are not spell immune. Nature's Prophet,Lycan,Beastmaster
* Heroes with invisibility: (Riki, Clinkz, Nyx Assassin.
Additional: * Nature's Prophet is often by himself. Clinkz can use invisibility to hunt him down and kill him, although a Quelling Blade may be needed to cut through his Sprout. Orchid Malevolence may also be needed if 3-4 seconds are not enough time to kill him, as he can teleport away. * Clinkz can match Nature's Prophet's ability to split push.
* Ember Spirit's Flame Guard provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output. * Ember Spirit's low armor and health make him easy to kill quickly if a teammate can hold him down. * If Clinkz has farmed an item that can disable, he can sneak up to and hunt down Ember Spirit while he farms or split pushes alone.
* Considering Rubick's abysmal armor, Rubick is a squishy target for Clinkz to gank on his own. * None of his spells are useful except for Skeleton Walk. * Clinkz usually builds Orchid Malevolence, which disables Rubick's ability to retaliate. * Vast numbers of Sentry Wards are needed to deal with Clinkz because of Skeleton Walk, making it harder for Rubick to buy more expensive and more useful support items like Glimmer Cape or Mekansm.
* Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova will tear apart any illusions spawned from Disruption * Split Earth can punish improper usage of Disruption. * Leshrac does not have any buffs that can be removed by Demonic Purge. Additional: * Pulse Nova makes quick work of any illusions with amplified damage, and deals damage even if Leshrac is in Disruption. * An attempt to save an ally using Disruption can easily become a perfect setup for a Split Earth for the enemy. * Disruption does not stop Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova once they start pulsing, and even worse it provides a safe shelter for Leshrac to keep pumping up his powerful AoE damage onto the battlefield. * Shadow Demon doesn't have the burst damage to take Leshrac out of the fight quickly, although Demonic Purge can help his allies kill a squishy Leshrac.
* All of Leshrac's abilities, especially Pulse Nova, can easily deal with Naga Siren's illusions. * Aghanim's Scepter gives Leshrac access to Nihilism ability, that allows him to turn himself along with Naga Siren and her illusions to turn ethereal. And to make things worse, Nihilism can slow Naga Siren and her illusions, make them more vulnerable to magical damage and unable to fight back while Leshrac moves faster and does not take increased magical damage for it's duration.
* Leshrac's AoE abilities destroy Phantom Lancer's illusions. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova require no targeting, thus hitting Phantom Lancer whenever he's nearby. Additional: * Leshrac can easily clear Phantom Lancer's illusions with his huge area of effect damage.
* Clinkz's high damage output and insane attack speed late-game can take Kunkka out of the fight before it begins. * Burning Barrage and Searing Arrows together can kill allies easily even under Ghostship's buff. * Skeleton Walk can allow Clinkz to make a quick escape after Kunkka's combo, or even avoid it all together.
* Pulse Nova deals an insane amount of damage in an area around him, which can quickly wear down Meepo clones. * Leshrac can catch multiple Meepos in Split Earth and follow up with the rest of his area damage spells making Meepo unable to get close to Leshrac. * Diabolic Edict is a strong ability that can wear down a lone Meepo clone quickly.
* Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units around Leshrac, making it very easy for him to kill the Summon Familiars. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova also deal many instances of damage, nullifying Gravekeeper's Cloak. * Split Earth and Lightning Storm makes it difficult for Visage to kite Leshrac, even while under the effects of Grave Chill.
* As Terrorblade's damage output comes mainly from direct attacks, he will struggle greatly against heroes who have abilities that give evasion, trigger on attack or which can disarm an enemy hero: Centaur Warrunner, Hoodwink, Huskar, Invoker, Leshrac with Nihilism from Aghanim's Scepter, Lifestealer with Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Infest, Pangolier, Phantom Assassin, Pugna, Techies, Windranger etc.
* Any hero with high attack speed will be a threat to Phoenix when it initiates, as they can easily tear down a Supernova, perhaps even while debuffed by Fire Spirits: Juggernaut, Clinkz, Troll Warlord, Beastmaster, Lina.
* Any hero that can outrange Plague Ward can neutralize them without putting themselves at risk of receiving Poison Sting: Arc Warden, Chen, Clinkz, Drow Ranger, Lina, Mirana, Nature's Prophet, Pugna and Sniper. * Special mention to heroes that outrange Plague Ward after obtaining talents that increase attack range.
* Heroes with long cast animations can be continuously interrupted by Battery Assault: Centaur Warrunner, Jakiro, Leshrac, Naga Siren, Underlord.
Additional: * Clockwerk naturally builds Blade Mail, reflecting Leshrac's high magic damage output back at him. * Power Cogs will prevent Leshrac from reaching Clockwerk's team and dealing large AOE damage to them. * Power Cogs will also keep Leshrac close, wasting his Diabolic Edict on just Clockwerk. * Battery Assault interrupts Leshrac's long cast times of Split Earth and Lightning Storm.
* Searing Arrows makes Clinkz one of the hardest heroes for Clockwerk to lane against.
* Heroes with spell immunity: Juggernaut, Pangolier, Huskar.
* Huskar's Berserker's Blood provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output. * Huskar has no way to disrupt Clinkz's attacks and no way to kill Clinkz alone, as Clinkz can easily go invisible, teleport away, or even fight back. * Clinkz will often build the items that counter Huskar and the items he usually builds. These include Black King Bar or Monkey King Bar for Heaven's Halberd, or a disable item like Scythe of Vyse or Bloodthorn to prevent him from using Inner Fire to disarm.
* Heroes with high armor like Dragon Knight, or with abilities to cause attacks to miss like Phantom Assassin, Riki and Tinker will be hard to deal with, as Clinkz relies almost entirely on physical attacks.
* With Bloodthorn, Clinkz becomes a strong counter to heroes who rely on evasion and blind such as Windranger, Phantom Assassin, Troll Warlord and Keeper of the Light.
* Frostbite will reveal invisible heroes for its duration, making it a good tool against any such hero (Riki, Bounty Hunter, Weaver, or Clinkz for example), or as a soft counter to Shadow Blade, if it is used first. This can be an amazing tool to ensure that Dust of Appearance is used on the unit in question, and not wasted in not catching anything.
* Heroes who can easily harass Crystal Maiden out of lane in the early game (Clinkz, Viper) can prevent Crystal Maiden from being able to level effectively, and can ultimately slow down her level 6, 12, and 18 to a point where enemy carries already have items to address her ultimate.
* Leshrac's high magic damage is ignored by Rage. * Lifestealer can get in Leshrac's face with Rage and mitigate any other damage taken by Leshrac with Open Wounds.
* Clinkz relies heavily on the physical damage provided by Burning Barrage and Searing Arrows, which completely overrides the capabilities of Rage. * Lifestealer's lack of disables will struggle to pin Clinkz down while in Skeleton Walk, and can allow Clinkz to kite him.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.