* Oracle's Fate's Edict will protect an ally from Leshrac's nuking damage. * Oracle's False Promise can dispel Leshrac's stun and slow from his abilities, allowing an ally to escape. * Fortune's End can stop Leshrac from chasing opponents or running away.
* Fortune's End not being disjointable is almost an ensured disable if Dark Willow tries to escape with Shadow Realm. Dispels Cursed Crown and Terrorize. * Fate's Edict negates all her magic damage in case she catches a single hero. * False Promise's strong dispel removes Dark Willow's disables. Additional: * Fortune's End can easily dispel Cursed Crown before it times out and stuns. He can also save a stunned ally with False Promise. * Fate's Edict can easily negate Bedlam's over-time damage, since the spell provides no form of control. Similarly, he can also negate the magic burst from Shadow Realm. * Fortune's End can dispel the fear effect from Terrorize, and it can remove the root from Bramble Maze if cast quick enough. Be mindful that Fortune's End only dispels your allies' debuffs on the primary target.
* Nyx Assassin's Spiked Carapace will stun Leshrac when hit by any of his AOE abilities. * Mind Flare deals high damage due to Leshrac's high intelligence gain. * Vendetta burns a large amount of Leshrac's essential mana pool.
* Nyx Assassin's high burst damage can be the bane of Dark Willow, as her low health makes it difficult to survive long enough to escape through Shadow Realm. * Spiked Carapace can be triggered by walking deliberately into Bramble Maze, leaving Dark Willow stunned and defenseless.
* Heroes with spell immunity: Juggernaut, Pangolier, Huskar.
* Blade Fury dispels most of Dark Willow's abilities, allowing Juggernaut to pass through Bramble Maze and cancel out Cursed Crown before the stun occurs. * However, Dark Willow can tank Omnislash with Shadow Realm. As she is a valid target, but invulnerable to right clicks. Additional: * None of Dark Willow's spells pierce Spell Immunity, making Blade Fury a good counter against her. Additionally, it dispels Cursed Crown and Bramble Maze. * Dark Willow is generally fragile, which results in Omnislash being devastating against her. * However, if Shadow Realm is activated during Omnislash, then the attack damage is negated (though Omnislash can still jump to other enemies).
* Anti-Mage can withstand magical burst damage much better than other carries, making him effective against nukers: Lich, Necrophos, Oracle, and Leshrac.
Additional: * Counterspell severely reduces Leshrac's magical damage.Counterspell also impacted reflect Lightning Storm and send back to Leshrac's also affected from movement speed. * Leshrac already burns through his own mana with Pulse Nova, Mana Break will burn through even more. * Leshrac's high mana pool will increase the amount of damage Mana Void does to him when his mana is low.
* Counterspell negates Dark Willow's high magic burst damage. Its active blocks Cursed Crown. * Blink allows Anti-Mage to dodge Terrorize during its long cast animation, as well as avoiding the obstacles from Bramble Maze. On the other hand, if Anti-Mage gets caught inside Bramble Maze, he's unable to Blink away. * Dark Willow's chained magic burst requires a lot of mana, setting her up for damaging Mana Voids.
* Magnetic Field lets Arc Warden or allies evade Dark Willow's shadow realm attacks. The duration of the evasion can be extended with the clone. * Spark Wraith also exploits Dark Willow's low mobility.
* Jakiro's area of effect abilities can hit Dark Willow even while she is hidden during the Shadow Realm. * Waiting about 2 seconds after Dark Willow casts Shadow Realm to cast Ice Path will stun her while her Shadow Realm is at it's maximum damage. * Jakiro can stun Dark Willow when there is about 1 second left on Cursed Crown, Jakiro's Ice Path stun lasts slightly longer then Cursed Crown.
* Ancient Seal instantly shuts down Dark Willow's abilities, rendering her defenseless against his high burst damage spells, while she cannot cast spells of her own. * Mystic Flare deals immense burst damage in an area, damaging Dark Willow through Shadow Realm.
* Nether Ward punishes Leshrac's constant mana usage from spamming spells. * Leshrac needs to be in the thick of the fight to deal damage, and so cannot escape from Nether Blast nor Life Drain easily. Additional: * Leshrac needs to be close to target in order to do damage, Pugna can outrun Leshrac with ease due to his superior movement speed. * Split Earth can also be hard to land on Pugna for the same reason. * Leshrac uses huge amounts of mana to do damage, Nether Ward forces him to either not contribute in a fight or kill himself in the process.
* All of Puck's abilities are area-targeted, and will hit Dark Willow when she uses Shadow Realm. * Illusory Orb allows Puck to bypass Bramble Maze, close the gap and silence Dark Willow with Waning Rift. * Phase Shift helps Puck dodge attacks charged by Shadow Realm, and is easily timed against Terrorize's long cast time.
* Gust can hit Dark Willow beyond a defensive Bramble Maze, and before she gets close enough to hit Drow Ranger with Bedlam. * Drow Ranger's long range allows her to hit Dark Willow's team without venturing into her Bramble Maze.
* Flame Guard blocks Dark Willow's magical burst damage, and harms her if she tries to get close to attack with Bedlam. * Sleight of Fist and Fire Remnant makes it hard for Dark Willow to fully disable Ember Spirit.
* Heroes with long cast animations can be continuously interrupted by Battery Assault: Centaur Warrunner, Jakiro, Leshrac, Naga Siren, Underlord.
Additional: * Clockwerk naturally builds Blade Mail, reflecting Leshrac's high magic damage output back at him. * Power Cogs will prevent Leshrac from reaching Clockwerk's team and dealing large AOE damage to them. * Power Cogs will also keep Leshrac close, wasting his Diabolic Edict on just Clockwerk. * Battery Assault interrupts Leshrac's long cast times of Split Earth and Lightning Storm.
* Pulse Nova deals an insane amount of damage in an area around him, which can quickly wear down Meepo clones. * Leshrac can catch multiple Meepos in Split Earth and follow up with the rest of his area damage spells making Meepo unable to get close to Leshrac. * Diabolic Edict is a strong ability that can wear down a lone Meepo clone quickly.
* Casting Bramble Maze on top of Meepo guarantees a root, as it is nearly impossible to leave the thorns with all of Meepo's clones. * Terrorize and Cursed Crown offer great disables against the grouped Meepos and can prevent them from using Poof to escape.
* Timbersaw has a difficult time against magical and pure damage: Lina, Leshrac, Enchantress, Queen of Pain
* Bramble Maze prevents Timbersaw from Timber Chaining away without getting rooted. * Cursed Crown can still catch Timbersaw if he Timber Chains away. * Reactive Armor offers little protection against Dark Willow's high magical damage.
* Since Windranger is bad against magical damage, heroes with continuous magical damage or magical nukes can blast her: Zeus, Tinker, Leshrac, Viper, Skywrath Mage, Lion, Lina, Venomancer.
* Windrun does not protect Windranger from Cursed Crown's stun or Dark Willow's magical nukes. * Focus Fire cannot target Dark Willow in Shadow Realm and will be interrupted if targeted earlier, wasting the ultimate. Additional: * Windrun does not protect Windranger from Cursed Crown stun or Dark Willow's magical nukes. * Focus Fire cannot target Dark Willow in Shadow Realm and will be interrupted if targeted earlier, wasting the ultimate.
* Heroes who can continue dealing damage even while being stunned: Luna, Razor, Axe, Bristleback, Leshrac, Death Prophet.
* Bramble Maze stops Charge of Darkness in its tracks. Its very long duration means it can be used as an obstacle to block off an incoming Spirit Break during teamfights. * Shadow Realm and Bedlam can be activated when Dark Willow sees Charge of Darkness coming, preventing Spirit Breaker from using Nether Strike after the initial stun.
* Diabolic Edict makes Leshrac very effective at threatening early towers and objectives which can directly cause unfavorable conflicts with Primal Beast early before he has Black King Bar to deal with the magical damage. * Pulse Nova and the rest of Leshrac's spells can overwhelm Primal Beast with magical damage. * Leshrac has generally faster movement speed than Primal Beast, especially if he has items such as Boots of Travel and Eul's Scepter of Divinity. * Bloodstone also makes him heal much more than Primal Beast can damage him at any stage of the game.
* Primal Beast really suffers against supports he cannot bully in the lane: this includes Dazzle, Shadow Demon and Dark Willow since they can use their respective abilities to stop Primal Beast from dealing burst damage, or make it hard for him to stay in range.
* Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova will tear apart any illusions spawned from Disruption * Split Earth can punish improper usage of Disruption. * Leshrac does not have any buffs that can be removed by Demonic Purge. Additional: * Pulse Nova makes quick work of any illusions with amplified damage, and deals damage even if Leshrac is in Disruption. * An attempt to save an ally using Disruption can easily become a perfect setup for a Split Earth for the enemy. * Disruption does not stop Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova once they start pulsing, and even worse it provides a safe shelter for Leshrac to keep pumping up his powerful AoE damage onto the battlefield. * Shadow Demon doesn't have the burst damage to take Leshrac out of the fight quickly, although Demonic Purge can help his allies kill a squishy Leshrac.
* Bramble Maze will very likely catch Marci midair, disabling Marci's chasing/fleeing ability. * Shadow Realm prevents Marci from bursting Willow down since she relies on physical attacks and unit target spells. With Aghanim's Scepter, Willow can hit Marci while Marci can't hit Willow. * Bedlam and Eul's Scepter of Divinity allows Willow to manfight if Marci initiates with Rebound. * Terrorize and Cursed Crown combo can waste Marci's ultimate for almost half of its duration.
* Bramble Maze greatly hinders Bloodseeker's ability to run around in teamfights and pick off dying allies. * Shadow Realm prevents Bloodseeker from attacking dark Willow, allowing her to safely teleport away.
* All of Leshrac's abilities, especially Pulse Nova, can easily deal with Naga Siren's illusions. * Aghanim's Scepter gives Leshrac access to Nihilism ability, that allows him to turn himself along with Naga Siren and her illusions to turn ethereal. And to make things worse, Nihilism can slow Naga Siren and her illusions, make them more vulnerable to magical damage and unable to fight back while Leshrac moves faster and does not take increased magical damage for it's duration.
* Dark Willow's burst damage and stun prevents Troll Warlord from approaching her until he has Black King Bar. * Troll Warlord's lack of burst damage makes it hard for him to kill Dark Willow before she slips into Shadow Realm.
* Io is a hero who needs to be close to it's tethered target to make it effective, and that's where Leshrac gets the advantage thanks to many of his area-of-effect abilities. * Lightning Storm will usually hit both Io and its tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to both, Io and its tethered target. Additional: * Lightning Storm will usually hit both Io and his Tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump. It can then be followed up by Split Earth. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to Io and his Tethered target.
* Leshrac can easily clear Phantom Lancer's illusions with his huge area of effect damage. Additional: * Leshrac's AoE abilities destroy Phantom Lancer's illusions. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova require no targeting, thus hitting Phantom Lancer whenever he's nearby.
* Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units around Leshrac, making it very easy for him to kill the Summon Familiars. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova also deal many instances of damage, nullifying Gravekeeper's Cloak. * Split Earth and Lightning Storm makes it difficult for Visage to kite Leshrac, even while under the effects of Grave Chill.
* As Terrorblade's damage output comes mainly from direct attacks, he will struggle greatly against heroes who have abilities that give evasion, trigger on attack or which can disarm an enemy hero: Centaur Warrunner, Hoodwink, Huskar, Invoker, Leshrac with Nihilism from Aghanim's Scepter, Lifestealer with Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Infest, Pangolier, Phantom Assassin, Pugna, Techies, Windranger etc.
* Heroes with spell immunity: Juggernaut, Pangolier, Huskar.
* Heroes with powerful rooting abilities will disable most of Pangolier's skills, a bonus point if it pierces spell immunity since it will also be able to stop Pangolier during his Rolling Thunder: Treant Protector, Meepo, Crystal Maiden, Dark Willow, Underlord, Naga Siren
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.