* Leshrac's high magic damage is ignored by Rage. * Lifestealer can get in Leshrac's face with Rage and mitigate any other damage taken by Leshrac with Open Wounds.
* Lifestealer is able to endure Undying, especially in the laning phase, where Undying is strongest. Feast can offset Decay's strength steal for its percentage lifesteal. Rage delays Undying from stealing strength and can help Lifestealer destroy Undying's Tombstone uninterrupted. As well, none of Undying's abilities pierce magic immunity.
* Anti-Mage can withstand magical burst damage much better than other carries, making him effective against nukers: Lich, Necrophos, Oracle, and Leshrac.
Additional: * Counterspell severely reduces Leshrac's magical damage.Counterspell also impacted reflect Lightning Storm and send back to Leshrac's also affected from movement speed. * Leshrac already burns through his own mana with Pulse Nova, Mana Break will burn through even more. * Leshrac's high mana pool will increase the amount of damage Mana Void does to him when his mana is low.
* Tombstone's zombies rarely inhibit Anti-Mage, as he can either Blink away or onto the Tombstone and destroy it.
* Oracle's Fate's Edict will protect an ally from Leshrac's nuking damage. * Oracle's False Promise can dispel Leshrac's stun and slow from his abilities, allowing an ally to escape. * Fortune's End can stop Leshrac from chasing opponents or running away.
* Nyx Assassin's Spiked Carapace will stun Leshrac when hit by any of his AOE abilities. * Mind Flare deals high damage due to Leshrac's high intelligence gain. * Vendetta burns a large amount of Leshrac's essential mana pool.
* Due to Fervor and Battle Trance, Troll Warlord has a significant attack speed, enabling him to crush Tombstone quickly. * Undying usually stays at the front line with no disables, making him an easy target for Troll Warlord.
* Necrophos is a dangerous opponent to go against with. Regardless of how much strength Undying has gained from Decay, Necrophos can finish off Undying with Reaper's Scythe once Undying's HP falls below a certain threshold. * Heartstopper Aura will do more damage to Undying if he gained strength from Decay, as it does damage based on a hero's maximum health.
* Leshrac needs to be close to target in order to do damage, Pugna can outrun Leshrac with ease due to his superior movement speed. * Split Earth can also be hard to land on Pugna for the same reason. * Leshrac uses huge amounts of mana to do damage, Nether Ward forces him to either not contribute in a fight or kill himself in the process. Additional: * Nether Ward punishes Leshrac's constant mana usage from spamming spells. * Leshrac needs to be in the thick of the fight to deal damage, and so cannot escape from Nether Blast nor Life Drain easily.
* Luna's Moon Glaives and Lunar Blessing can help her destroy Tombstone easily, and this becomes more effective if Luna is equipped with Manta Style. * Spell Immunity of Zombies from Tombstone is a total disadvantage against Luna because Eclipse will strike only Undying, which can turn Undying's own ability against him. * Though Undying often builds Blade Mail which can turn Luna's burst damage against her, Luna often builds Black King Bar which will allow her to attack Undying freely because Blade Mail cannot pierce spell immunity. Additional: * Luna's Moon Glaives and Lunar Blessing can help her destroy Tombstone easily, and this becomes more effective if Luna is equipped with Manta Style. * Spell Immunity of Zombies from Tombstone is a total disadvantage against Luna because Eclipse will strike only Undying, which can turn Undying's own ability against him. * Though Undying often builds Blade Mail which can turn Luna's burst damage against her, Luna often builds Black King Bar which will allow her to attack Undying freely because Blade Mail cannot pierce spell immunity.
* Arcane Curse can effectively discourage Undying from casting his spammable abilities in a team fight, as Undying will have to suffer more damage and the slow due to the penalty duration of Arcane Curse. * Last Word and Global Silence are able to silence Undying for up to 6 seconds, preventing Undying from gaining strength and healing his ally or himself.
* Tidehunter takes close to no damage from Undying's zombies once he maxes out his Kraken Shell, especially if he gets the level 20 Kraken Shell upgrading talent. This might allow him to blink away to safety.
* All abilities from Undying easy to steal to Rubick with Spell Steal. Additional: * Tombstone can be stolen to counter-initiate the enemy team in skirmishes. * Tombstone provides vision over the enemy around, use this to Rubick's advantage for more spells. * Since Undying is melee and has low attack speed, the tombstone can be hard to taken down by Undying himself. * Flesh Golem provides Rubick with increased Health pool and a powerful attack modifier. * Rubick can apply the Flesh Golem debuff much more easily as a ranged hero. * Decay is a decent damaging ability, making Rubick somewhat tankier in teamfights. * Soul Rip can be used for extra heal or burst damage.
* Death Prophet is able to Silence Undying up to 6 seconds. Besides, due to Undying's high strength during a team fight, Spirit Siphon is a powerful ability against Undying thanks to the percentage health drain.
* Heroes with long cast animations can be continuously interrupted by Battery Assault: Centaur Warrunner, Jakiro, Leshrac, Naga Siren, Underlord.
Additional: * Clockwerk naturally builds Blade Mail, reflecting Leshrac's high magic damage output back at him. * Power Cogs will prevent Leshrac from reaching Clockwerk's team and dealing large AOE damage to them. * Power Cogs will also keep Leshrac close, wasting his Diabolic Edict on just Clockwerk. * Battery Assault interrupts Leshrac's long cast times of Split Earth and Lightning Storm.
* In general, melee heroes without blink mechanisms or spell immunity will have a hard time positioning against Pit of Malice: Sven, Tiny, Wraith King, Dragon Knight, Meepo, Doom, Bounty Hunter, Dark Seer, Undying, Alchemist, Legion Commander.
* Heroes who can continue dealing damage even while being stunned: Luna, Razor, Axe, Bristleback, Leshrac, Death Prophet.
* Due to Spirit Breaker's low attack speed, Tombstone is problematic for Spirit Breaker as the zombies summoned from Tombstone apply a stacking movement speed slow, which can significantly reduce Greater Bash's damage. * Soul Rip and Decay allows Undying and his allies to survive and recover from any incoming ganks by Spirit Breaker.
* Heroes who summon multiple units that are not spell immune. Nature's Prophet,Lycan,Beastmaster
* Undying's Tombstone will cheerfully chew through treants, incidentally netting you some extra income during fights. * The above interaction tends to ensure that skirmishes are heavily populated with units, thereby buffing Soul Rip
* Decay, Soul Rip and Flesh Golem all deal magical damage which ignores Bulwark. * Decay reduces Mars' natural strength and therefore his health pool, which is what he relies on to trade effectively in lane.
* Undying can use Decay not only to reduce Sven's maximum health, but also to reduce the damage he can deal with his ultimate. * Zombies spawned by Tombstone together with Flesh Golem slow Sven down significantly. Landing Sven's powerful but somewhat slow right-click on Tombstone would be a waste.
* Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova will tear apart any illusions spawned from Disruption * Split Earth can punish improper usage of Disruption. * Leshrac does not have any buffs that can be removed by Demonic Purge. Additional: * Pulse Nova makes quick work of any illusions with amplified damage, and deals damage even if Leshrac is in Disruption. * An attempt to save an ally using Disruption can easily become a perfect setup for a Split Earth for the enemy. * Disruption does not stop Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova once they start pulsing, and even worse it provides a safe shelter for Leshrac to keep pumping up his powerful AoE damage onto the battlefield. * Shadow Demon doesn't have the burst damage to take Leshrac out of the fight quickly, although Demonic Purge can help his allies kill a squishy Leshrac.
* Undying's Decay is a dangerous ability against Bristleback, as it makes him more vulnerable and reduces his tankiness. * Undying's Tombstone together with Flesh Golem can slow Bristleback down significantly.
* Undying saps strength from heroes with Decay, and Ogre Magi's high strength gain will allow Undying to steal more and more strength, becoming stronger with each use. * Due to the Strength steal from Decay, Undying is normally very tanky, and has high health, making it harder for Ogre Magi to kill him.
* Winter Wyvern cannot handle the Zombies created by Undying's Tombstone very well. In most situations, Zombies will have more movement speed than her. * Undying can gain one or two easy Decay stacks on an ally in Cold Embrace. The ally will still take the damage as well. Additional: * Winter Wyvern cannot handle the Zombies created by Tombstone very well. In most situations, Zombies will have more movement speed than her. * Undying can gain one or two easy Decay stacks on an ally in Cold Embrace. The ally will still take the damage as well, since it is magical.
* All of Leshrac's abilities, especially Pulse Nova, can easily deal with Naga Siren's illusions. * Aghanim's Scepter gives Leshrac access to Nihilism ability, that allows him to turn himself along with Naga Siren and her illusions to turn ethereal. And to make things worse, Nihilism can slow Naga Siren and her illusions, make them more vulnerable to magical damage and unable to fight back while Leshrac moves faster and does not take increased magical damage for it's duration.
* Lightning Storm will usually hit both Io and his Tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump. It can then be followed up by Split Earth. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to Io and his Tethered target. Additional: * Io is a hero who needs to be close to it's tethered target to make it effective, and that's where Leshrac gets the advantage thanks to many of his area-of-effect abilities. * Lightning Storm will usually hit both Io and its tethered target since both will be close enough for the lightning to jump. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units near Leshrac, meaning he can do colossal damage to both, Io and its tethered target.
* Spectre must chase for kills and relies on movement speed for mobility in fights, and has no way to counter the Tombstone zombies. * The potency of Soul Rip can be increased from nearby illusions from Haunt. * Decay will shut down Spectre during the laning phase by effectively cutting down her initial health pool. Additional: * Spectre must chase for kills and relies on movement speed for mobility in fights, and has no way to counter the Tombstone zombies. * The potency of Soul Rip can be increased from nearby illusions, so Undying can use Haunt against Spectre. * Early game Decay will make Spectre easy to shut down in lane.
* Familiars will easily be able to kite heroes with a short range or with low attack speed. For example, Tiny and Undying have a very hard time killing Familiars.
* Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova hit all units around Leshrac, making it very easy for him to kill the Summon Familiars. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova also deal many instances of damage, nullifying Gravekeeper's Cloak. * Split Earth and Lightning Storm makes it difficult for Visage to kite Leshrac, even while under the effects of Grave Chill.
* Meepo can quickly destroy Tombstone thanks to Divided We Stand.
* Pulse Nova deals an insane amount of damage in an area around him, which can quickly wear down Meepo clones. * Leshrac can catch multiple Meepos in Split Earth and follow up with the rest of his area damage spells making Meepo unable to get close to Leshrac. * Diabolic Edict is a strong ability that can wear down a lone Meepo clone quickly.
* Terrorblade can destroy Tombstone with his Conjure Image and Metamorphosis.
* As Terrorblade's damage output comes mainly from direct attacks, he will struggle greatly against heroes who have abilities that give evasion, trigger on attack or which can disarm an enemy hero: Centaur Warrunner, Hoodwink, Huskar, Invoker, Leshrac with Nihilism from Aghanim's Scepter, Lifestealer with Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Infest, Pangolier, Phantom Assassin, Pugna, Techies, Windranger etc.
* Phantom Lancer's many illusions will easily destroy Tombstone, provided he has sufficient farm. * He also has no ways of dealing with the illusions, since Decay doesn't steal strength from illusions.
* Leshrac's AoE abilities destroy Phantom Lancer's illusions. * Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova require no targeting, thus hitting Phantom Lancer whenever he's nearby. Additional: * Leshrac can easily clear Phantom Lancer's illusions with his huge area of effect damage.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.