* Anti-Mage can withstand magical burst damage much better than other carries, making him effective against nukers: Lich, Necrophos, Oracle, and Leshrac.
Additional: * Although he can be effective against Anti-Mage in an aggro offlane, Lich has a hard time nuking down Anti-Mage in the midgame due to his Counterspell. * All of Lich's abilities are also targeted, which makes it much harder to disable Anti-Mage. * In the lategame, Anti-Mage can easily pick off Lich with Blink, and the high mana cost of Chain Frost along with Lich's large mana pool makes him vulnerable to Mana Void. * Blink allows Anti-Mage to escape Chain Frost.
* Pugna only deals magical damage, which Anti-Mage is exceptionally resistant due to Counterspell. * Anti-Mage can dispel Decrepify with Manta Style. * Pugna has a very large mana pool. This allows Anti-Mage to constantly deal bonus damage to Pugna with Mana Break and devastate Pugna's entire team with Mana Void. Additional: * Since Pugna relies on his teammates for protection, it is fairly common for Anti-Mage to get multiple kills with a single use of his Mana Void on Pugna if he's missing a considerable portion of his mana. * Pugna's massive mana pool will result in Anti-Mage's Mana Break almost always dealing the bonus damage from the mana burn. * Counterspell negates a large amount of Pugna's damage, as most of Pugna's damage comes from his spells. * Blink can be used to get out of a bad situation, and Pugna has no way to prevent him from casting it.
* All of Pugna's damage is magical, which can get blocked by Fate's Edict's 100% magic resistance. * Oracle has two abilities that apply a dispel, which can easily remove Decrepify on his ally or Oracle.
* Phantom Lancer creates way too many illusions for Pugna's Life Drain to destroy, overwhelming him easily. * Doppelganger can dodge Nether Blast or dispel Decrepify. * Diffusal Blade is a common item for Phantom Lancer to burn Pugna's large mana pool and deals a large amount of damage in the process. Additional: * Though Life Drain instantly destroys illusions, Phantom Lancer creates way too many for Pugna to handle. * A good Phantom Lancer will also dodge your Nether Blast with Doppelganger. * Phantom Lancer is the most natural Diffusal Blade carrier to burn Pugna's very large pool of mana away and deal a large amount of damage in the process.
* Nether Blast's animation makes it easy to time Spiked Carapace for a stun. * Pugna has the largest intelligence gain in the game, making him a prime target for Mana Burn. * Pugna needs to channel Life Drain, making him easy to hit with Impale. Additional: * Due to Pugna's incredible intelligence growth and terrible strength growth, Nyx should always be able to take you out with his combo, with or without an added Dagon. Mind Flare will deal a large amount of damage in particular, especially in the late game. * Spiked Carapace is also a great tool versus Pugna. A good player will wait for you in Vendetta until you farm a creep wave with Nether Blast and reflect it back at you as their initiation and setup for Impale.
* Chain Frost can bounce to the treants that Nature's Prophet summons. * Nature's Prophet's Sprout can be used to isolate and burst down the squishy Lich. Additional: * His treants can prevent Chain Frost from jumping to Nature's Prophet or his allies.
* Both Jakiro's Ice Path and Liquid Frost can be used to cancel Life Drain from either Jakiro or an ally. * Decrepify only makes Pugna even more vulnerable to Jakiro's magical damage, And it has no adverse effects on Jakiro himself. * Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Macropyre can deal pure damage-over-time and pierce debuff immunity, which can discourage Pugna from even trying to use Life Drain. * Bear in mind, however, that Nether Ward can do some considerable damage to Jakiro due to high mana costs on his abilities.
* Weaver doesn't care much about Lich's slows thanks to Shukuchi. * If he sees Chain Frost is targeting him, he can easily isolate himself with Shukuchi so that it stops bouncing around. * Unless Lich bursts Weaver immediately, Lich has no hard disables or silences to prevent him from using Time Lapse.
* If Thirst activated, Lich doesn't slow Bloodseeker. * If he sees Chain Frost is targeting him, he can easily isolate himself with Thirst or forces Bloodseeker to build Blade Mail can cause Lich to accidentally kill himself with Chain Frost. * Even Lich builds Glimmer Cape or Force Staff are suicidal item against Bloodseeker when he is affected by Rupture.
* If Ursa uses Enrage, Pugna's Life Drain is next to worthless against him, due to Ursa taking 80% less damage, therefor Pugna heals by only 20% of the damage that the spell normally deals. * It also dispels Decrepify, Even if you wait until he casted it, he can still dispel it with Shard upgraded Earthshock * Ursa also commonly builds Skull Basher. With his high Attack Speed from Overpower. he can easily cancel Life Drain * If Decrepify is defensivly casted, Ursa can still cast Earthshock both to slow you, and to deal amplified magic damage. He also commonly builds a Nullifier * If Ursa jumps on you with a Blink Dagger he can easily wipe you out with Overpower. * Ursa's Overpower can destroy a full health Nether Ward and still have a few swipes leftover, Also Ursa's low mana spells means he takes negligible damage from the Nether ward anyway. * Ursa is also a common Diffusal Blade carrier, using it to both amplify his damage, but as his primary way to catch fleeing heroes * Pugna is also the primary target of Ursa, due to him being both quite squishy, and a serious threat to his team, Ursa prioritizes the weakest link as Fury Swipes stacking damage will quickly demolish them, allowing Ursa to safely switch heroes
* Sniper's huge range makes him an unviable target to use Life Drain on, forcing Pugna to risk playing out of position to use it on Sniper. * Sniper's Shrapnel can be used to provide vision on Nether Ward, and his range allows him to easily take it out. * A clumsy Pugna may accidentally boost Sniper's Shrapnel and Assassinate damages if he recklessly uses Decrepify on himself or his allies.
* Pugna's squishiness and lack of mobility make him easy prey for a Hookshot initiation. * Clockwerk's high health, low mana costs, and lack of reliance on Blink Dagger make Nether Ward ineffective. * Battery Assault shuts down Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Life Drain, as the repeated ministuns prevent Pugna from channeling for an extended length of time. Additional: * Clockwerk loves to Hookshot low health, immobile targets like Pugna. * Pugna's Life Drain gets immediately and repeatedly (if an Aghanim's Scepter was purchased) cancelled due to Battery Assault, especially if Pugna is trapped inside Power Cogs. * Clockwerk also loves to build Blade Mail, which will deal more damage to Pugna than Clockwerk due to Pugna's low health pool. * Finally, both Hookshot and Rocket Flare can allow him to finish off Pugna out of range of his Nether Ward.
* Luna can deal constant damage to Pugna through the low-cooldown Lucent Beam and her right clicks. * Life Drain will be always canceled by Lucent Beam if Pugna does not have Black King Bar. * Decrepify can be suicide against Luna due to Lucent Beam and Eclipse. * Nether Ward is rather weak against Luna because unlike other heroes who rely on magical damage to damage or kill enemies, yet their ablities have very high mana costs, Luna does not have abilities that cost a lot of mana and Luna mostly uses her abilities to initiate a teamfight or to finish off fleeing enemy heroes. * Luna is a common Black King Bar carrier, which allows her to protect herself against Pugna's only-magical damage output. Additional: * Luna can deal constant damage to Pugna through the low-cooldown Lucent Beam and her right clicks. * Life Drain will be always canceled by Lucent Beam if Pugna does not have Black King Bar. * Decrepify can be suicide against Luna due to Lucent Beam and Eclipse. * Nether Ward is rather weak against Luna because unlike other heroes who rely on magical damage to damage or kill enemies, yet have very high mana costs, she does not have abilities that cost a lot of mana and Luna mostly uses her abilities to initiate a teamfight or to finish off fleeing enemy heroes. * Luna is a common Black King Bar carrier, which allows her to protect herself against Pugna's only-magical damage output.
* Vulnerable spellcasters with no escape mechanisms are easy targets for Huskar: Lich, Crystal Maiden, Silencer, Keeper of the Light, Venomancer, etc.
Additional: * Lich is going to have a hard time nuking Huskar because of his high health regeneration from Berserker's Blood. * Lich is a squishy support without an escape mechanism, making Lich an easy kill thanks to Life Break and Burning Spear. * Once Huskar has Armlet of Mordiggian, even a maxed out Frost Blast will struggle to finish Huskar off.
* Heroes that depend on disrupting fights with ability combos or big ultimate abilities are vulnerable to the long stun of Fiend's Grip: Disruptor, Death Prophet, Enigma, Faceless Void, Invoker, Lich, Magnus, Mars, Medusa, Outworld Destroyer, Phoenix, Puck, Queen of Pain, Shadow Fiend, Treant Protector, Underlord, Winter Wyvern, Witch Doctor, Zeus.
* Fragile heroes: Bounty Hunter has decent nuking capabilities with Shiruken Toss and Jinada thus making fragile heroes easy picks for ganking. Few examples of such heroes are:Crystal Maiden, Pugna, Skywrath Mage, Io, Witch Doctor, etc.
* Lycan doesn't care much about Lich's slows thanks to Shapeshift. * Chain Frost can bounce to the wolves that Lycan summons. Additional: * Lich possesses a lot of slows, which Lycan doesn't care about when he Shapeshifts. * Lich has no in-built escape, which makes him a good target for Lycan.
* Pugna's Decrepify prevents the target from taking physical damage or doing damage, which poses a huge problem for Lycan, as he mainly deals physical damage.
* Trample and Pulverize can be used to cancel Life Drain very quickly. * Pugna has a very low strength gain and as a support does not have much gold to buy health items, making him vulnerable to Primal Beast's onslaught of magical damage. * Ironically, Decrepify actually just increases Primal Beast's damage on the targeted ally if Trample is activated. However, it can be used to slow him down and prevent any further Trample damage.
* Supports who can slow him to the point Trample does very little damage in the lane are also not fun: Lich, Ogre Magi, Winter Wyvern.
* Pugna is a very fragile hero who can easily get caught and killed by Storm Spirit's long range initiation. * This is especially true if he has Orchid Malevolence or Scythe of Vyse. * Pugna has no disables that can prevent Storm Spirit from escaping. * Even though Ball Lightning requires high amount of mana, Nether Ward is ineffective since Storm Spirit is invulnerable while using it. * Storm Spirit's other abilities cost very insignificant amount of mana for Nether Ward to be effective.
* Heroes with mana burn: Nyx Assassin, Invoker, Outworld Destroyer, Pugna, Lion
* Frost Blast and Chain Frost can kite Troll Warlord effectively. * Frost Shield can single-handedly waste most of the duration of Battle Trance, due to the extreme resistance to physical damage Frost Shield provides. In addition, Troll Warlord is incapable of switching targets during Battle Trance, so he cannot pick an easier target. * Troll Warlord has little to no ability to regenerate HP, so Frost Blast together with Frost Shield can harass him effectively.
* Troll Warlord can't switch targets at will, in order to build Fervor stacks, which makes it easy to use Decrepify in order to save allies * During Battle Trance, Pugna can easily use Nether Blast, Decrepify and Life Drain on him
* Chain Frost can deliver high amounts of damage to Arc and his clone
* Arc Warden can't use Magnetic Field to stall the damage of Nether Blast on towers, but he can buy Aghanim's Shard to diminish its damage. * Arc Warden has no innate disables to stop Life Drain and Decrepify * The short cooldown of both Life Drain and Decrepify also means Pugna can deal with Arc Warden and Arc Warden's clone simultaneously most of the time * A good Pugna looks to end the match early while Arc Warden, a very item reliant hero, thrives in longer matches.
* Heroes with nukes: Bane, Lich, Lion, Skywrath Mage
* Amazingly, Enchantress has even lower health than Pugna. Though she does pack quite a punch through Impetus, she can't use it if she is under Decrepify. * Pugna's Magical DPS is way greater than the heal from Nature's Attendants, which will also harm her quite a bit if she's next to Nether Ward.
* Chain Frost can deliver high amounts of damage to Lone itself and his bear if they do not separate fast from each other. Additional: * Chain Frost will bounce between Lone Druid and his bear, forcing them to separate or suffer high amounts of damage.
* Pugna: Decrepify prevent the Spirit bear from attacking or protect allies from it.
* Nether Ward can punish Timbersaw, as Timbersaw is a spell-caster with low cooldowns. Furthermore, Timbersaw usually appears in the midst of battle, placing himself in range of Nether Ward's Mana Flares. * Timbersaw has no stuns or silences to stop Life Drain. Since all of Pugna's Spells are magical, the damage can be devastating to Timbersaw. * Decrepify can further increase all the magical damage done to Timbersaw, bypassing the enhanced physical resistance he can get from Reactive Armor. Additional: * Nether Ward can punish Timbersaw, as Timbersaw is a spell-caster with low cooldowns. Furthermore, Timbersaw usually appears in the midst of battle, placing himself in range of Nether Ward's Mana Flares. * Timbersaw has no stuns or silences to stop Life Drain. Since all of Pugna's Spells are magical, the damage can be devastating to Timbersaw, especially when combined with Decrepify
* Enigma's abilities have a huge mana cost, meaning that Nether Ward will deal a lot of damage to Enigma. * Pugna can heal allies trapped inside Black Hole thanks to Life Drain, Pugna can also damage multiple of Enigma's allies around him with Life Drain when he casts it on Aghanim's Shard upgraded Nether Ward during teamfight. * Nether Blast can easily kill Eidolons, especially when Enigma is pushing. * Even though Pugna cannot cancel Black Hole on his own, smart Pugna can buy Orchid Malevolence to stop Enigma from channeling Black Hole and make him more vulnerable to counter-attacks with Decrepify and Life Drain. Additional: * Enigma's abilities have a huge mana cost, meaning that Nether Ward will deal a lot of damage to Enigma. * Pugna can heal allies trapped inside Black Hole thanks to Life Drain. * Nether Blast can easily kill Eidolons, especially when Enigma is pushing.
* Nether Ward punishes Leshrac's constant mana usage from spamming spells. * Leshrac needs to be in the thick of the fight to deal damage, and so cannot escape from Nether Blast nor Life Drain easily. Additional: * Leshrac needs to be close to target in order to do damage, Pugna can outrun Leshrac with ease due to his superior movement speed. * Split Earth can also be hard to land on Pugna for the same reason. * Leshrac uses huge amounts of mana to do damage, Nether Ward forces him to either not contribute in a fight or kill himself in the process.
* Decrepify prevents Omnislash damage, until Juggernaut gets a Nullifier. * Without a disable, Pugna's high movement speed makes it harder to chase him with Blade Fury. * Juggernaut has low mana and his skills cost large amount of mana. Nether Ward will hurt him more and even worse, the damage from the ward is inflicted before the Spell immunity provided by Blade Fury. Additional: * Decrepify is the perfect tool against Omnislash until he gets a Nullifier, and even then he will probably waste a couple of slashes before he uses it. * Without an extra disable, Pugna's high movement speed makes it impossible to chase him with Blade Fury. * Unlike some other carries like Slark or Phantom Assassin, Juggernaut's spells cost a hefty amount of mana and he will seriously get hurt by Nether Ward. Don't forget the damage from the ward is inflicted before the spell immunity is provided by Blade Fury.
* Decrepify prevents Shadow Fiend from attacking for its duration, potentially preventing him from getting a kill. * Nether Ward can do heavy damage to Shadow Fiend if he tries to cast his Requiem of Souls and his Shadowraze. Additional: * Decrepify prevents Shadow Fiend from attacking for its duration, potentially preventing him from getting a kill. * Nether Ward can do heavy damage to Shadow Fiend if he tries to cast his Requiem of Souls or spam Shadowraze.
* All of Pugna's abilities are active, making Demonic Purge break from Aghanim's Scepter useless. * Nether Ward punishes Shadow Demon's constant mana usage from spamming spells, especially Shadow Poison. * An attempt to save an ally using Disruption can easily become a perfect setup for a Nether Blast for the enemy. * Life Drain can be used to heal Pugna or an ally to save them from Shadow Demon's abilities. * However, it can be cancelled by Disruption unless Pugna buys defensive items.
* Cold Embrace is a death sentence against Pugna, since its the perfect setup for all his abilities, especially Life Drain. * Decrepify can be cast to save the ally under Winter's Curse effect, wasting most of its duration. * Winter Wyvern's abilities require a lot of mana, allowing Nether Ward to deal lots of damage.
* Nether Blast will still hit Slark even if he is hidden during Shadow Dance. * Even though Pugna can rarely target Slark directly with Decrepify, he can still use it defensively on an ally to prevent Slark from getting stacks. * Despite being somewhat easy to break with Pounce, Pugna can damage Slark and provide vision over him with Life Drain.
* Due to the high mana cost of his spells and the low cool down of them, Nether Ward can seriously damage Skywrath Mage if he isn't careful. * Skywrath Mage's fragility makes him very susceptible to Pugna's high burst damage. Additional: * Nether Ward will make Skywrath Mage next to useless in fights, as his low hp pool will not allow him to sustain through the damage of the ward should he choose to cast spells. Be wary though that Skywrath's huge burst will make very quick work of Pugna's low hp should the ward be destroyed, and Decrepify won't help Pugna at all.
* Decrepify can be used on allies to prevent them from attacking Axe and triggering Counter Helix during Berserker's Call. He can also cast it on Axe to prevent anyone from attacking him. * Life Drain can be used to heal himself or allies caught in Berserker's Call, preventing them from dropping low enough for Axe to kill them with Culling Blade.
* Pugna's Decrepify allows him to save allies from being ganked by Viper, since Viper mostly relies on direct attacks in order to deal damage. * Nether Ward can discourage Viper from spamming his abilities. * Viper's damage over time is not enough to kill Pugna as he will have more than enough time to save himself (or his allies) with Life Drain and Viper has no solutions to cancel it. * Pugna has no passive abilities, which renders Nethertoxin nearly useless.
* Nether Blast is one of the best tower pushing abilities in the game, with a low cooldown. A competent Pugna will (at the very least) destroy tier 2 towers and make space for his team before Spectre can finally come online. * Spectre's spells, while not spammable, have a fairly high mana cost, so Nether Ward can be fairly damaging to Spectre early game. The mana degen will also dampen Spectre's early game power significantly. * Once Pugna gets Aghanim's Scepter, he can spam Life Drain on any illusion Spectre summons, whether it'd be from Haunt, Manta Style, or some other means. * In addition, Pugna can disable Spectre's Desolate ability (although its damage is pure, it requires physical attacks) with his Decrepify ability, leaving Spectre only with Spectral Dagger.
* Nether Ward causes Death Pulse to actually damage Necrophos rather than heal him. Meanwhile, Reaper Scythe's gigantic mana cost while Necrophos is near the Nether Ward can often instantly kill him. * Nether Blast and Life Drain both make quick work of Necrophos's small healthpool, especially during Ghost Shroud. The latter also makes him an unappealing target for Reaper's Scythe, and can often force Necrophos to use it defensively as he has no other means of interrupting his channeling.
* Lich's Chain Frost forces Io to either give up providing buff to his ally with Tether or suffer devastating damage with his tethered ally. * Lich can easily use Sinister Gaze to disable Io from getting away with Tether or Relocate.
* Nether Ward on its own can greatly hinder Invoker from casting many of his abilities, at least until he gets a significant amount of HP or is under the protection of spell immunity from Black King Bar * Life Drain provides True sight, revealing Invoker through Ghost Walk, and forcing him or his allies to use an ability or item to interrupt its channeling * Outside of Nether Ward's range, Invoker shall have the advantage, as Invoker has Tornado to purge Pugna's Decrepify when it is used defensively, Tornado or Cold Snap to prevent Pugna from channeling Life Drain * A poorly used Decrepify on Pugna's allies means Invoker's abilities can be used to deal more damage to them. Additional: * Because Invoker relies on casting a large amount of spells to contribute to fights, Nether Ward can force him to not cast anything at all or take a large amount of damage to cast spells.
* Nether Blast can deal high damage to Chen and clear waves of his creeps. * Decrepify can be used to waste the duration of Penitence. * Nether Ward can discourage Chen from using Penitence, Holy Persuasion and Hand of God due to their fairly high mana costs. * Life Drain can often kill Chen or any of his allies before he can save them with Hand of God thanks to it's high damage and low cooldown.
* Heroes with high movement speeds like Pugna and Meepo can run around, to, or away from Snapfire during Mortimer Kisses and dodge the projectiles easily due to their slow speed. * Heroes with mobility spells (such as Queen of Pain's Blink and Clockwerk with Hookshot) can easily avoid Lil' Shredder and Mortimer Kisses. * Heroes with high movement speeds like Pugna and Meepo can run around, to, or away from Snapfire during Mortimer Kisses and dodge the projectiles easily due to their slow speed.
* As Terrorblade's damage output comes mainly from direct attacks, he will struggle greatly against heroes who have abilities that give evasion, trigger on attack or which can disarm an enemy hero: Centaur Warrunner, Hoodwink, Huskar, Invoker, Leshrac with Nihilism from Aghanim's Scepter, Lifestealer with Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Infest, Pangolier, Phantom Assassin, Pugna, Techies, Windranger etc.
* Nether Ward will be problematic for heavy nukers and spammers like Skywrath Mage, Lina, Lion and Invoker, but Pugna must not use Decrepify defensively against them as he will be helping them out more than anything.
* Nether Ward will be problematic for heavy nukers and spammers like Skywrath Mage, Lina, Lion and Invoker, but Pugna must not use Decrepify defensively against them as he will be helping them out more than anything.
* Pugna's Decrepify makes sure that either Alchemist is unable to hit anyone while also being slowed and susceptible to magical damage, or can protect an ally from physical attacks. Besides, Pugna can push early on, when Alchemist is not strong enough to repel it, so by the time Alchemist comes online, he might be forced to sit in base.
* Any hero that can outrange Plague Ward can neutralize them without putting themselves at risk of receiving Poison Sting: Arc Warden, Chen, Clinkz, Drow Ranger, Lina, Mirana, Nature's Prophet, Pugna and Sniper. * Special mention to heroes that outrange Plague Ward after obtaining talents that increase attack range.
* Heroes who lack burst damage will have a hard time against Mars: Phantom Lancer, Nature's Prophet, Lich.
* Nether Blast, Decrepify and Life Drain deal high magical damage and bypasses Bulwark. * Nether Ward reduces the amount of abilities Mars can use during fights and forces Mars to be careful about the heavy mana cost of Arena Of Blood. * Pugna is one of few heroes that can contest Mars' ability to push and defend towers early on.
* Heroes with powerful nuke can waste their precious abilites on her Refraction during a ganking attempt or chaos combat: Lich, Lina, Sniper, Outworld DestroyerZeus
* Pugna's Decrepify can render Templar Assassin's physical attacks useless. * Pugna can also cast Life Drain on Templar Assassin, burning her Refraction instances. * On the other hand, Pugna generally has low health and armor. Use this to your advantage.
* Heroes with low health will die easily during Duels, and can be farmed for damage in the early game: Crystal Maiden, Lich, Techies, Rubick
* Decrepify on either hero stops Legion Commander from completing a Duel, and dissuades her from initiating Duels on ethereal allies. * Life Drain can help Pugna's teammates win a fight, either by killing Legion Commander or replenishing her target's health. Additional: * Decrepify prevents Legion Commander from attacking allies during Duel, regardless if it's used on her or on the ally . * Pugna can easily cast Decrepify, Nether Blast and Life Drain on Legion during the 4/4.75/5.5/8 seconds of duel
* Pugna's Nether Ward doesn't really hurt Meepo since he usually buys attribute items to tank up and can be killed very quickly by 4 clones. Decrepify can amplify Poof's damage should Pugna use it to avoid Meepo's right clicking.
* Poof combo puts all of the Meepos very close together, making them vulnerable to Frost Blast's AoE slow and multiple bounces from Chain Frost.
* Lich does not pose a big threat to Zeus in teamfights, as his spells don't have great cast range and Zeus should be too far back for a Chain Frost to bounce among him and his allies. * Lich has a low health pool, allowing Zeus to burst him down quickly.
* Even though Pugna's low HP means that he can be quickly burst down, his Nether Ward heavily punishes casters whose spells cost a lot of mana, like Zeus. Casting 4 of his active spells, including Nimbus, close to an enhanced level 4 Nether Ward, can make the ward deal up to 1750 magical damage. * Decrepify can further increase the damage dealt by Nether Ward upon Zeus. However, if used on Pugna himself or on one of his allies, it will amplify the damage done by Zeus' abilities.
* Life Drain does not instantly kill the illusions from Phantasm * Chaos Bolt and Reality Rift can easily interrupt the channeling from Life Drain. * Reality Rift makes it harder for Pugna to keep his distance between Chaos Knight. * Nether Ward barely deals any significant damage on Chaos Knight as Chaos Knight's abilities do not cost a lot of mana * The overwhelming damage of Chaos Knight and his illusions will do a quick work on Pugna's poor HP pool, or safely remove the Nether Ward from the battlefield.
* Lich's Chain Frost, especially after obtaining its respective talent that provides unlimited bounces, can take out all of Chaos Knight's illusions quickly. * An Aghanim's Scepter-upgraded Sinister Gaze can hypnotize Chaos Knight and his illusions while also draining his already low mana pool. Additional: * Chain Frost can eliminate Chaos Knight's Phantasm army, especially after he clumped up using Reality Rift. * Frost Shield will heavily reduce his army's effectiveness.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.