* Tidebringer's cleave will cripple any of his summons. * Could potentially build Heaven's Halberd to cripple Lycan even more. Additional: * Tidebringer can be used to kill Lycan's summons. * Can also build into Heaven's Halberd which will disable Lycan's auto attacks, crippling him even more.
* X Marks The Spot allows Kunkka or his teammates to fight back under effect of Glimpse.
* Lycan is a hero focused entirely on single target physical damage and lacks disables or AoE damage. Due to this, he will have difficulties dealing with illusions or Naga Siren's Ensnare.
* Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Rupture completely negates Lycan's high mobility. * All of Lycan's summons are good sources of healing with Bloodrage. Additional: * Rupture completely negates Lycan's high mobility. * All of Lycan's summons are good sources of healing with Bloodrage.
* Heroes with silences : Bloodseeker, Riki, Silencer.
* Brewmaster can waste a large portion of Lycan's ultimate by putting him in Cyclone. * Lycan has no way to stop Brewmaster from using Primal Split by himself. * Lycan's team often tries to push towers as a group, and Brewmaster excels at winning teamfights while trying to defend a tower.
* Brewmaster with Primal Split * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Guardian Angel completely negates all of Lycan's damage since Lycan mainly deals physical damage. * Purification can also be a problem for Lycan, as Purification deals damage around the target, which poses a problem for him and his summons.
* Purification allows Omniknight to keep a hero trapped in the Static Storm alive.
* Heroes with large magical AoE damage will fare well against Omniknight: Lich, Ancient Apparition, Jakiro, Disruptor.
* Heroes that heavily depend on illusions or summons, (Naga Siren, Terrorblade, Phantom Lancer, Lycan,...) are vulnerable to Sleight of Fist and even more so if Ember Spirit has Battle Fury.
* Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Phantasm removes Glimpse and dispels Thunder Strike. Additionally, the Phantasm illusions make it difficult to use Glimpse and Thunder Strike on the real Chaos Knight. * Disruptor's lack of mobility, combined with his lack of innate defense, sets him up for a Reality Rift and a beatdown by Chaos Knight and his illusions.
* Doppelganger is a very reliable tool against Glimpse, enabling him to dodge it consistently. * Doppelganger also allows Phantom Lancer to escape from Kinetic Field so long as there isn't a Static Storm on top of him. Additional: * Doppelganger lets Phantom Lancer instantly escape from Kinetic Field. * Doppelganger is one of the most reliable ways to dodge Glimpse, other than spell immunity. * Doppelganger dispels Thunder Strike. * However, even with the negation of the rest of his kit, Static Storm (especially when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter) remains as one of the strongest lockdowns against Phantom Lancer, and as such Disruptor must never be underestimated.
* Arctic Burn allows Winter Wyvern to escape Lycan, even when he uses his ultimate. * Splinter Blast is very effective in dealing with Lycan's summons. * Cold Embrace saves allies from Lycan's raw physical damage and can buy allies enough time to turn the tide of battle. * Winter's Curse stops Lycan in his tracks and is very effective because of his summons. Additional: * All of Lycan's damage is physical which is totally negated by Cold Embrace. * Lycan often moves around with large amount of creeps, wolves created by Summon Wolves and neutral creep dominated by Helm of the Dominator which can be easily cleared by Splinter Blast or used as a great source of damage by Winter's Curse. If you catch Lycan with creeps nearby and affected by Shapeshift using Winter's Curse on him will most certainly end up with his death.
* Lycan's wolves deal little damage to Bristleback, and are easily killed by Quill Spray, even when they're invisible. * Lycan's lack of burst damage makes it very hard for him to kill Bristleback, especially when his back is turned. Additional: * Quill Spray can be used to kill Lycan's summons. * Bristleback allows him to stay alive against Lycan while dishing out counter attacks * He can overpower Lycan with his Warpath instead.
* Can cast Demonic Conversion on one of Lycan's Wolves, making this a numbers fight. * Malefice will greatly reduce his ability to engage * Midnight Pulse can steep an area making it harder for Lycan to engage in.
* Her Mana Shield is too tough for Lycan to break. * Mystic Snake can hit for a massive damage once it spread between his summons. Additional: * Can be easily petrified despite his speed. * Summoned wolves will be targeted by Split Shot or Mystic Snake
* Great Cleave will kill Lycan's summons very rapidly. * Warcry will allow Sven and his allies to tank Lycan's damage, which is mainly physical. * Storm Hammer will damage and stun Lycan's as well as his summons.
* Treant Protector grants protection against his attacks with Living Armor and his ultimate, Overgrowth is a massive AoE disarm and root that pierces spell immunity, causing trouble to Lycan. You will find yourself in need of an ally's dispel or forced to pop Black King Bar for its dispel.
Additional: * Lycan has no kind of teleport, being only able to walk, and heavily relies on his attacks. As Overgrowth roots and disarms the targets, Lycan can't do much in an overgrowth field.
* Jakiro's area-of-effect abilities make him strong against heroes who rely on illusions and summons: Terrorblade, Naga SirenChaos Knight, Phantom Lancer, Broodmother, Nature's Prophet, Lycan, Wraith King, Visage.
* Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Heroes who rely heavily on melee attacks and lack early spell immunity are easily blocked and interrupted by Ink Swell: Lycan, Ursa, Troll Warlord.
Additional: * Stroke of Fate deals more damage when it hits more targets which makes it very effective in dealing with Lycan and his units. * Soulbind prevents Lycan from running away and makes him very easy to deal with.
* Phoenix with Supernova * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Heroes who rely on physical damage output to be effective will fare badly against Muerta's Pierce the Veil: Phantom Assassin, Terrorblade, Drow Ranger, Lifestealer, Anti-Mage, Alchemist, Lycan, Clinkz, Sniper.
* Melee heroes who rely on summons, illusions, or clones will trigger Counter Helix more often, thus taking more damage: Meepo, Lycan, Phantom Lancer
Additional: * Berserker's Call can keep Lycan in place during his Shapeshift even through Black King Bar. * Counter Helix is very effective against Lycan because of his summons. * Culling Blade will prevent Lycan from running away with Shapeshift when he drops low.
* Lycan relies heavily on right clicks making Untouchable very effective against him. * If he tries to run away Impetus will do huge amounts of damage. Additional: * She can Enchant one of the wolves to her side. * Lycan will struggle greatly to harm Enchantress through her Untouchable which can seriously slow down Lycan's attack speed even if Lycan is spell immune.
* Heroes with haste can negate Enchant's slow: Weaver, Dark Seer, Lycan, Centaur Warrunner.
* Lycan's ultimate makes him immune to slows from Ursa's Earthshock as well as allowing him to outmaneuver Ursa during Enrage. Lycan can also easily chase down Ursa while shapeshifted, should Ursa try to flee.
* Ursa struggles against heroes with strong (and especially undispellable) disables (Disruptor, Puck, Shadow Demon, Outworld Destroyer and etc).
* Howl reduces a good chunk of Marci's attack damage that she relies heavily on, and the armor reduction works better on her because of her low armor. * Shapeshift renders Lycan immune to slow from Rebound and Unleash.
* Heroes that can keep Marci for a long time in one place so she can't pursue her targets, like Bane, Lion, Shadow Shaman, Invoker, Disruptor and Kunkka.
* Heroes with both illusions and summons, for Io has nothing to deal with multiple enemies at once outside from Spirits's weak area-of-effect: Beastmaster, Broodmother, Chaos Knight, Lycan, Naga Siren, Nature's Prophet, Phantom Lancer, Shadow Shaman, Terrorblade, Visage, Warlock, Wraith King.
* Disruptor can always Glimpse back Io or his target after he Relocated nearby. * Even better, thanks to the indicator on the ground, you can even preemptively drop Static Storm and Kinetic Field on the spot they will relocate to. * Thunder Strike and Glimpse are also good tools to bring back an Io that Tethered away in the fog of war. Additional: * Glimpse directly negates Relocate. * Kinetic Field prevents Io from escaping with Tether. * Static Storm can silence and damage both, Io and it's tethered target. And it can also mute both, Io and it's tethered target when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter
* The movement speed granted from Shapeshift means that Spectre has no way to punish Lycan if he wants to splitpush or pick off supports. Furthermore, he will kite Haunt and cannot be slowed by Spectral Dagger. * Lycan is often part of an early game push strategy which is often the best counter to Spectre because she needs a lot of time and space to come online as a late game carry.
* Disruptor can control where she goes with Kinetic Field and Glimpse. Static Storm shuts her down in teamfights.
* He can send wolves to defuse Proximity Mines, and he can catch up Techies and kill him before they can deny themselves. Even if the suicide is successful, Lycan can still survive because of his tankiness.
* Just like Rubick, the Disruptor may effortlessly put Lion in life threatning danger and render him helpless by manipulating his position with Glimpse. * Disruptor's longer cast range and lingering disable makes Lion struggle to defend himself, possibly being affected by Disruptor's abilities without even seeing the thrall.
* At around the 10-minute mark, Disruptor would normally be level 6 or 7. This means you can have a level 3/4 glimpse along with Static Storm. A high level glimpse is enough to pull Storm back to a Static Storm even after he used Ball Lightning due to his limited mana pool at that time. * Be careful in the late game however, as there is a good chance he will kill you straight-out before Glimpse has finished bringing him back. Therefore Glimpse would simply bring him back to safety after he's murdered you or a teammate. Of course, this is assuming he hasn't silenced you with an item.
* Glimpse will return Underlord or any of his teammates attempting to escape with Dark Rift if timed correctly. * Underlord is a slow and low mobility hero, easy to set up Static Storm and Kinetic Field, preventing him from using his abilities as well as preventing him using Fiend's Gate to escape.
* Glimpse moves Clockwerk away from allies struck by Hookshot, or under attack by Battery Assault. * Static Storm can turn Power Cogs into Clockwerk's own grave, and if Disruptor has Aghanim's Scepter, then Clockwerk will not be able to use Blade Mail to return damage at all.
* Thunder Strike provides vision of Monkey King when he's in the trees. The periodic damage will also keep Monkey King from using Tree Dance if he's on the ground. * Glimpse pulls Monkey King out of the trees if he attempts to escape using Tree Dance, and can cause Wukong's Command to end prematurely if Monkey King is Glimpsed out of its radius. * However, if Monkey King strikes first, if he has already casted Wukong's Command, Disruptor's abilities will not be much of an use
* Disruptor can disable Magnus's Blink Dagger using Thunder Strike during a considerable duration, disrupting his initiation attempts. * Glimpse brings Magnus back after he escapes with Skewer and/or Force Staff. * Static Storm if used on a fight can prevent Magnus from using Reverse Polarity after he jumps in.
* Shapeshift allows Lycan to get close and disable Marksmanship. * Shapeshift also makes him immune to slows like Drow Ranger's Frost Arrows. Additional: * The Wolves's speed causes the knockback from Gust to be ineffective. * Drow Ranger lacks escapes and loses her Marksmanship when someone is near her. Lycan can take advantage of these weaknesses of Drow Ranger.
* Blink and positioning is crucial for Queen of Pain. These factors are heavily countered by a good Glimpse. * Static Storm is devastating for Queen as she relies heavily on her spells to inflict heavy burst damage. Additional: * Thunder Strike gives vision of Queen of Pain when she's trying to escape. When combined with Glimpse, her mobility and hit-and-run style can be negated. * While in a team fight, Static Storm forces Queen of Pain to only use right-clicks. * When combined with the Kinetic Field, she can only wait until she respawns.
* Glimpse can prevent Primal Beast from initiating for most of the game with Onslaught. * While Static Storm is not much of a threat in terms of damage, it does prevent Primal Beast from casting any spells for a long period of time if also trapped in Kinetic Field. * Overall, Disruptor forces Primal Beast to buy a Black King Bar much earlier than he might like but becomes a major threat to Disruptor once he does.
* Lycan doesn't care much about Lich's slows thanks to Shapeshift. * Chain Frost can bounce to the wolves that Lycan summons. Additional: * Lich possesses a lot of slows, which Lycan doesn't care about when he Shapeshifts. * Lich has no in-built escape, which makes him a good target for Lycan.
* Shapeshift increases Lycan's movement speed and renders him unslowable, allowing him to easily avoid and escape Ancient Apparition's abilities. * Lycan has fast summons, both his wolves from Summon Wolves can do heavy damage to Ancient Apparition due to his immobility and low armor.
* Void's slow is useless against Lycan by activating Shapeshift. * Night Stalker's single target abilities (with the exception of Void upgraded by Aghanim's Scepter) is not very effective against Lycan's Summon Wolves during the early and mid game.
* Glimpse brings Anti-Mage back after he Blinks away. * Static Storm stops Anti-Mage from Blinking. Additional: * Similar to Queen of Pain, Glimpse can disable Blink, negating his mobility. * However, Counterspell can negate a majority of Disruptor's damage, which may require him to have a partner to successfully kill Anti-Mage.
* Lycan can clear waves of Chen's creeps with his wolves from Summon Wolves, especially once Lycan takes +2 Wolves summoned talent. And even though Chen can convert one of his wolves with Holy Persuasion, Lycan can counter this by buying Helm of the Overlord to regain control of it. Uncontrollable wolves summoned from Aghanim's Shard upgrade Summon Wolves cannot be converted with Holy Persuasion. * Shapeshift allows him to chase down Chen and kill him easily. * Howl can reduce attack damage of both, Chen and his creeps.
* Magnetic Field is useless against melee heroes, so Lycan can attack Arc Warden without missing. * Flux doesn't affect Lycan that much, because Shapeshift grants immunity to slows and because he is never alone. * If their Tempest Double has been called, Lycan can still kill Arc Warden before the double expires.
* Heroes who can summon illusions and summons because Terrorblade has no abilities to deal with multiple enemies at once outside Reflection: Shadow Shaman, Naga Siren, Broodmother, Lycan, Enigma, Chaos Knight, Phantom Lancer, Shadow Demon, Dark Seer, Nature's Prophet, Invoker, Morphling, Visage, Grimstroke with Aghanim's Scepter.
* Multiple attackers thanks to summoned units or clones: Meepo, Witch Doctor, Lycan, Enigma, Shadow Shaman * Heroes that can quickly deal damage to her, regardless of how weak they are, can easily break through her Refraction: * Multiple attackers thanks to summoned units or clones: Meepo, Witch Doctor, Lycan, Enigma, Shadow Shaman * Multiple attackers thanks to illusions: Phantom Lancer, Chaos Knight, Naga Siren (bonus for her Ensnare). Also despite the visual effects, Templar Assassin does not spill damage against illusions or buildings, so she is not a really good hero to clean up illusions. * Weak damage but high tick rate or persist in a long time: Slark, Gyrocopter, Queen of Pain, Shadow Shaman (Shackles), Jakiro, Pugna, Doom
* Tusk with Snowball * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Glimpse can return Tusk to where he was after using Snowball. * Static Storm prevents Tusk from escaping with Snowball and when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter, it will also prevent him from using items.
* Any Hero with high mobility will be neutralized by dream coil: Queen of Pain, Storm Spirit, Ember Spirit, Lycan, Bloodseeker, Anti-Mage, Timbersaw.
* Puck with Phase Shift * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* A Lycan with Shapeshift can always run down Puck for a very quick kill due to its low armor. It is important to abuse as many cliffs and trees as possible to escape from a Lycan.
* Heroes who are strong against mobile heroes: Disruptor, Bloodseeker, Kunkka, Keeper of the Light.
* Heroes with summoned units don't fare well against Dawnbreaker. (Phantom Lancer ,Beastmaster ,Lycan).
* Kinetic Field prevents Dawnbreaker from escaping with Celestial Hammer. * Kinetic Field and Static Storm can pin down Dawnbreaker after she jumps in with Solar Guardian. * Glimpse can force Dawnbreaker out of a fight right after she uses Solar Guardian.
* Lycan cannot escape from a Pounce even if he uses Shapeshift, and has no disabling abilities to stop Slark.
* Thunder Strike provides vision on him while Slark is invisible. * Glimpse's range at lvl 3-4 is more than enough to pull him back to a favorable position for your team to group up and kill him. * Even though he is capable of picking you off and deal enough damage to kill you, Slark will be literally sticking his neck out, since jumping on Disruptor means being on his battleground. * AoE silence and the ability to mute Black King Bar is deadly to Slark at all stages of the game. Additional: * Static Storm and Kinetic Field locks down Slark, as he cannot use Dark Pact to dispel any disables, or Pounce out while silenced. * Glimpse puts an end to any attempts at ganking Disruptor or his allies, and also negates Slark's mobility by bringing him back into the fight if he tries to escape with Pounce.
* Heroes that can pick you off: Clinkz, Nyx Assassin, Puck, Riki.
* Lycan's high health allows him to easily shrug off Nyx Assassin's burst damage and fend him off. * As Lycan commonly buys Black King Bar, he can use it to freely attack Nyx Assassin and chase after him with Shapeshift.
* Phantom Assassin's Blur is a real problem for Lycan, as he relies entirely on direct attacks to deal damage.
* Heroes with single-target abilities will be overwhelmed by Lycan and his summons: Wraith King, Bane, Phantom Assassin.
* Doom, Disruptor with Aghanim's Scepter, Dazzle with Aghanim's Shard, and hex abilities all prevent item usage, which is a severe problem for Phantom Assassin as it prevents her from using Black King Bar, the one item that helps protect her against the aforementioned dangers. Doom and Shadow Demon with Aghanim's Scepter also disables Phantom Assassin's Evasion and Critical Strike, removing much of her damage and survivabaility.
* Lycan's Shapeshift can easily to catch from Spirit Breaker's with Charge of Darkness. Additional: * Vision from Charge of Darkness will easier to catch Lycan Shapeshift and Charge of Darkness out of reach Lycan Summon Wolves and Lycan's other creeps. Until upgrade Aghanim's Scepter faster catching Lycan Shapeshift * Howl can dispell with Bulldoze.
* Heroes with summons and illusions as Spirit Breaker has no strong AoE capabilities to deal with them: Chaos Knight, Phantom Lancer, Terrorblade, Naga Siren, Broodmother, Warlock, Visage, Nature's Prophet, Shadow Shaman, Lycan.
* Heroes that punish mobile heroes: Bloodseeker, Keeper of the Light, Kunkka, Disruptor.
* Kraken Shell grants him massive physical attack protection * Anchor Smash will wipe the area, clearing Lycan's wolves.
* In the mid-game, Tidehunter relies on Kraken Shell to stay alive and get his Ravage off. Apart from Thunder Strike, none of Disruptor's abilities can be dispelled, so it's rather easy to trap him inside Kinetic Field and Static Storm. * Be mindful, however, that Kraken Shell still makes Tidehunter very tanky, so be sure that you can kill him with your combo or your partners while he is silenced and trapped.
* A well landed Fissure can potentially take Lycan out of the fight for several seconds, who heavily relies on precious seconds from Black king bar and Shapeshift to fight. * Aftershock reduces the effectiveness of his summons and can prove quite irritating for Lycan. * Echo Slam is very powerful with the sheer amount of Lycan's units and will cause him to think twice when pushing towers.
* Thunder Strike can be used to cancel Earthshaker's Blink Dagger. * Glimpse brings Earthshaker back after he jumps on Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Enchant Totem. * Static Storm if used on a fight can prevent Earthshaker from executing his combo after blinking in with Blink Dagger.
* Heroes that depend on disrupting fights with ability combos or big ultimate abilities are vulnerable to the long stun of Fiend's Grip: Disruptor, Death Prophet, Enigma, Faceless Void, Invoker, Lich, Magnus, Mars, Medusa, Outworld Destroyer, Phoenix, Puck, Queen of Pain, Shadow Fiend, Treant Protector, Underlord, Winter Wyvern, Witch Doctor, Zeus.
* Heroes with single-target abilities will be overwhelmed by Lycan and his summons: Wraith King, Bane, Phantom Assassin.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.