* Sacred Arrow can be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield. Additional: * Abaddon can remove Sacred Arrow's stun from his teammates with Aphotic Shield, or remove it from himself with Borrowed Time. * Borrowed Time makes Abaddon almost impossible to burst down with Mirana's Aghanim's Scepter combo.
* Primal Roar can be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield. * The debuffs from Wild Axes and Poison from Call of the Wild: Boar can also be dispelled by Aphotic Shield. Additional: * Aphotic Shield effectively nullifies Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies. * Even being initiated by Primal Roar, Borrowed Time can make Abaddon extremely difficult to kill.
* If Slark sees the Sacred Arrow before it hits him, he can use Dark Pact to remove it a moment later. * Pounce prevents Mirana from escaping with Leap. * Slark can survive Mirana's Aghanim's Scepter combo with Shadow Dance.
* Heroes with strong dispels can remove Primal Roar's stun: Abaddon, Slark, Oracle.
* Though Mirana can clear waves of Broodmother's spiderlings with Starstorm, Broodmother will often stick with her spiderlings from Spawn Spiderlings, which in combination with the huge speed provided by Spin Web can make it hard for Mirana to hit her with Sacred Arrow. * Broodmother commonly buys Orchid Malevolence and it's upgrade Bloodthorn, which allows her to prevent Mirana from escaping with both, Leap and Moonlight Shadow and from fighting back with Starstorm. Additional: * Though Mirana can clear waves of Broodmother's spiderlings with Starstorm, Broodmother will often stick with her spiderlings from Spawn Spiderlings, which in combination with the huge speed provided by Spin Web can make it hard for Mirana to hit her with Sacred Arrow. * Broodmother commonly buys Orchid Malevolence and it's upgrade Bloodthorn, which allows her to prevent Mirana from escaping with both, Leap and Moonlight Shadow and from fighting back with Starstorm.
* Cold Embrace mitigates Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies. * Winter's Curse can turn Beastmaster's summons and Inner Beast against his teammate. Additional: * Beastmaster's summons and Inner Beast are very useful to attack his cursed teammate. * Cold Embrace effectively mitigates Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies.
* Moonlight Shadow does little good against Dragon Slave and Light Strike Array. * Lina's damage burst can quickly kill Mirana's teammates before she saves them with Moonlight Shadow. Additional: * Eul's Scepter of Divinity is an item Lina commonly buys, which in combination with and Light Strike Array can disable Mirana if she tries to Leap away. * Laguna Blade's magical (pure with Laguna Blade damage is Pure and pierces Spell Immunity talent) burst damage takes advantage of Mirana's below average health.
* Windrun quickly dodge Mirana's Sacred Arrow and misses her attacks. * Shackleshot through tree with Focus Fire via Aghanim's Scepter combo can kill Mirana quickly, before using Leap or Moonlight Shadow.
* Puck can initiate on Mirana with Waning Rift to prevent her from going invisible or Leaping. * A Mirana caught in Dream Coil will stun herself if she tries to Leap away. * Puck's Burst damage takes advantage of Mirana's below average health. * Puck can easily dodge Sacred Arrow and Starstorm with Phase Shift. Additional: * Mirana's spells are laid out to assassinate enemies. Puck can easily avoid the slow moving Sacred Arrow, and also can avoid Starstorm with Phase Shift, since the meteors have a delay. * If Puck casts either Waning Rift or Dream Coil in the area, Mirana cannot Leap away.
* Reactive Armor is very effective against Beastmaster's summons during laning stage and entire game. * Timbersaw can quickly clear Beastmaster's summons with his nukes. * Lotus Orb item for Timbersaw can difficult for Primal Roar.
* All abilities from Mirana can shut down with Doom and Mirana can not escape with Leap since Doom activated. * Doom also catch Mirana disabled used combo items Doom from ugrade Aghanim's Scepter and Blink Dagger or Overwhelming Blink make Mirana can not move escaping notably Leap and Moonlight Shadow.
* Heroes that have an escape that doesn't disjoint projectiles: Mirana, Faceless Void, Magnus
* Untouchable negates Inner Beast's attack speed bonus, making her hard to kill even if stunned by Primal Roar. * Enchantress can also take control of Beastmaster's summons. Additional: * Enchant can control Beastmaster's boars, mitigating his effectiveness during the laning stage and teamfights.
* Mirana can instantly kill creeps with Sacred Arrow, making her decent at crippling the armies of Chen or Enchantress.
* Overgrowth has a great duration, which prevents the units caught from attacking, moving and Blinking. Heroes like Storm Spirit, Mirana, Anti-Mage and others won't be able to do much if they're caught.
* Arc Warden can use his summons to prevent Sacred Arrow from hitting himself or his allies. * Mirana doesn't build items that give armor often, so she usually can't fight against a late game Arc Warden. Additional: * Flux will slow and damage Mirana even after she Leaps, since she will likely not be near allies. * Arc Warden can place Magnetic Field on an ally who has been hit by Sacred Arrow to protect them.
* Heroes with summons or illusions can counter Flux, such as Beastmaster , Chen, or Shadow Demon.
* The long silence of Crippling Fear at night prevents Mirana from escaping with Moonlight Shadow and Leap. She also has really low base health, so Night Stalker can usually kill her during one cast of Crippling Fear at night. * With Dark Ascension and Gem of True Sight, Night Stalker can find and kill Mirana, and he is a tanky hero capable of fighting Mirana any stage of the game.
* Heroes with illusions and summons can manfight Night Stalker: Terrorblade, Beastmaster, Broodmother.
* Even though Luna is the kind of hero that Mirana can handle due to Moonlight Shadow rendering her safe from Eclipse with Moonlight Shadow, smart Luna can buy Dust of Appearance, allowing her to provide vision on her to her team, and possibly, kill Mirana. * Luna's high movement speed allows her to evade Sacred Arrow, giving Mirana difficulties in hitting her with it. * Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Eclipse combined with Dust of Appearance allows Luna to cast it on a hero that is struck by Sacred Arrow and/or after Mirana jumps in with Leap. Additional: * Even though Luna is the kind of hero that Mirana can handle due to Moonlight Shadow rendering her safe from Eclipse with Moonlight Shadow, smart Luna can buy Dust of Appearance, allowing her to provide vision on her to her team, and possibly, kill Mirana. * Luna's high movement speed allows her to evade Sacred Arrow, giving Mirana difficulties in hitting her with it. * Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Eclipse combined with Dust of Appearance allows Luna to cast it on a hero that is struck by Sacred Arrow and/or after Mirana jumps in with Leap.
* A couple of long-range heroes with excellent laning like Mirana, Lina, Necrophos, Death Prophet. The key to success is sticking together and attacking Luna whenever she enters the range, without even giving Luna a chance to retaliate. Multiple long-range heroes is a reason to pick another hero.
* Thirst detects Mirana or her ally at low health during Moonlight Shadow. * Rupture deals high damage when Mirana uses Leap. Additional: * Rupture can quickly kill Mirana if she tries to Leap away. * Thirst detects Mirana and her allies during Moonlight Shadow.
* Heroes with disables that go through spell immunity can end Bloodseeker before he has the chance to do anything: Batrider, Beastmaster
* Heroes that can instantly kill creeps greatly reduce the effectiveness of Chen's converted army: Lifestealer, Doom, Mirana, Clinkz.
* Wild Axes, Primal Roar and Drums of Slom can deal high damage to Chen and clear waves of his creeps. * Even though Chen can take control of the Boar from Call of the Wild Boar at any time with Holy Persuasion, which could put Beastmaster in a disadvantage against Chen. Skilled Beastmaster can buy Helm of the Overlord to regain control of it to counter this problem. * Smart Beastmaster can also buy Bloodthorn to prevent Chen from taking control of the Boar from Call of the Wild Boar and make Chen more vulnerable to Beastmaster.
* Techies spends lots of time standing still planting stacks of Land Mines away from creep waves. * Sacred Arrow can be used to scout hidden Land Mines among trees and at uphill places. It can also be used to catch Techies while he's planting them. * If Techies is hit with a Sacred Arrow, he can be killed before he has a chance to use Blast Off!. * Mirana has a high attack range to destroy his traps from a safe distance.
* The Hawk can easily find Monkey King while he is sitting on a tree. * Wild Axes can knock out Monkey King from tree. * Boars drastically reduce Monkey King's attack speed, making it harder for him to gain Jingu Mastery stacks. Additional: * Wild Axes can chop down trees, making it difficult for Monkey King to utilize Tree Dance well. * Call of the Wild Hawk can scout Monkey King when he is perched on top of trees. * Primal Roar can stun Monkey King for a lengthy duration even with spell immunity.
* Mirana can use Leap to jump right next to Drow Ranger or can approach her while under cover of the invisibility granted by Moonlight Shadow, which cancels the bonus granted to Drow Ranger by Marksmanship. * Her low health makes her easy to burst down with Mirana's spells, especially with Aghanim's Scepter. * Mirana can dodge Gust with good reaction time, or Leap away if Drow tries to slow her without Gust.
* Leap allows Mirana to easily escape the freezing range of Cold Feet. Mirana also tends to build Manta Style which dispels Cold Feet. * During Moonlight Shadow, the invisibility makes it hard to catch Mirana's team with Ice Blast. * Ancient Apparition's lack of mobility/escape capabilities makes him an easy target for Mirana at any stage of the game.
* Mirana can disturb Shadow Shaman's channeling even if he is under the effect of invisibility thanks to Sacred Arrow. * Mirana armed with an Aghanim's Scepter is known to be able to quickly burst down heroes - especially supports. Together with Ethereal Blade the bullying towards Shadow Shaman can continue for the whole match.
* Sacred Arrow can be used to interrupt Death Ward from a safe distance, forcing him to cancel it to dodge or get hit. * Paralyzing Cask is a slow-moving stun, and Mirana can Leap away from her allies to keep it from bouncing. * Witch Doctor has low health and can easily be killed with an Aghanim's Scepter combo or just when hit with an arrow.
* Heroes with disables that ignore spell immunity will render Phantom Assassin quite useless in teamfights throughout the game: Axe, Enigma, Vengeful Spirit, Doom, Bane, Beastmaster, Pudge, Medusa, Warlock.
* Heroes that cannot move in fights such as a Dueling Legion Commander or anyone channeling a spell like Bane, Pudge, or Enigma are easy Sacred Arrow targets.
Additional: * If Meat Hook is used before Leap, Mirana may be able to escape Pudge's grasp by leaping to safety. * The invisibility from Moonlight Shadow gives a degree of mobility, which can make Mirana or her teammates difficult targets to hook. * Sacred Arrow can be used to cancel Dismember from long distances.
* Skywrath Mage also has a terrible time fighting against anything that isn't a hero. His skills are mostly target-based and he has terrible strength and agility, he can easily be kited or harassed by illusion-based heroes like Chaos Knight and Phantom Lancer, or by Heroes that summon other units like Lone Druid, Lycan and Beastmaster.
* Any hero that can outrange Plague Ward can neutralize them without putting themselves at risk of receiving Poison Sting: Arc Warden, Chen, Clinkz, Drow Ranger, Lina, Mirana, Nature's Prophet, Pugna and Sniper. * Special mention to heroes that outrange Plague Ward after obtaining talents that increase attack range.
* Heroes with both illusions and summons, for Io has nothing to deal with multiple enemies at once outside from Spirits's weak area-of-effect: Beastmaster, Broodmother, Chaos Knight, Lycan, Naga Siren, Nature's Prophet, Phantom Lancer, Shadow Shaman, Terrorblade, Visage, Warlock, Wraith King.
* Heroes with Linken's Sphere as core item: Weaver, Morphling, Medusa.
* Sacred Arrow's long stun duration can prevent Morphling from casting his Waveform or Morph Replicate, making him unable to escape and easier to gank. * Moonlight Shadow also allows Mirana's team to surprise Morphling while he tries to push towers. * Mirana usually buys Linken's Sphere to protect herself from single-target abilities, making Morphling's Adaptive Strike and Ethereal Blade harder to use on her. * However, Mirana also provides a chance to become a good Morph target, allowing Morph to use Leap to run away, if necessary.
* Heroes that have superior mobility that can easily catch up with Mirana even after she used Leap to escape: Anti-Mage, Queen of Pain, Storm Spirit, Riki.
* Counterspell does not protect Anti-Mage from Sacred Arrow. * Moonlight Shadow can help her allies avoid Mana Break and Mana Void. * Blink's cooldown isn't short enough to escape from Leap, especially when she has the extra charge from Aghanim's Shard. Additional: * Combo items for Mirana Rod of Atos can upgrade to Gleipnir and Sacred Arrow before and during Anti-Mage build item Manta Style cooldown can easy penetrates Counterspell broken. * Charge for Leap can Mirana easily faster escaping. * Moonlight Shadow it can disappear anytime and Anti-Mage can not fight.
* Frostbite kills boars instantly on the laning stage leading to either experience lead or disabling Beastmaster from using Boar * Crystal Nova nukes and slows down the attack and movement speed of Beastmaster's summons. * Freezing Field grants improved self armor, nukes and slows down Beastmaster and his summons.
* Sacred Arrow can be used to interrupt Freezing Field from a safe distance, forcing her to cancel it to dodge or get hit. * Crystal Maiden has very slow movement speed, making her an easy Sacred Arrow target. * Crystal Maiden has low health and can easily be killed with an Aghanim's Scepter combo or just when hit with an arrow. * If Frostbite has already been used, Mirana can Leap away even when slowed by Crystal Nova or Freezing Field.
* Mirana cannot use Leap while rooted by Earthbind and her Moonlight Shadow is countered by Meepo's true sight that is provided by Earthbind.
Additional: * Earthbind prevents Mirana from Leaping or going invisible with Moonlight Shadow. She can be easily killed by Poof and Ransack while disabled. * Landing a Sacred Arrow on Meepo does not render him helpless, as all of the other Meepos can still fight back.
* Because only one clone needs to be killed in order to kill Meepo, heroes that excel at singling out enemies can also be a detriment to him, such as Batrider, Beastmaster, Pudge and Clockwerk.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.