* Though Mirana can clear waves of Broodmother's spiderlings with Starstorm, Broodmother will often stick with her spiderlings from Spawn Spiderlings, which in combination with the huge speed provided by Spin Web can make it hard for Mirana to hit her with Sacred Arrow. * Broodmother commonly buys Orchid Malevolence and it's upgrade Bloodthorn, which allows her to prevent Mirana from escaping with both, Leap and Moonlight Shadow and from fighting back with Starstorm. Additional: * Though Mirana can clear waves of Broodmother's spiderlings with Starstorm, Broodmother will often stick with her spiderlings from Spawn Spiderlings, which in combination with the huge speed provided by Spin Web can make it hard for Mirana to hit her with Sacred Arrow. * Broodmother commonly buys Orchid Malevolence and it's upgrade Bloodthorn, which allows her to prevent Mirana from escaping with both, Leap and Moonlight Shadow and from fighting back with Starstorm.
* Chain Frost can bounce to the Spiderlings that Broodmother spawns.
* Mirana's Leap is ineffective if Lycan uses Shapeshift. It also allows him to dodge Sacred Arrow.
* Lycan doesn't care much about Lich's slows thanks to Shapeshift. * Chain Frost can bounce to the wolves that Lycan summons. Additional: * Lich possesses a lot of slows, which Lycan doesn't care about when he Shapeshifts. * Lich has no in-built escape, which makes him a good target for Lycan.
* Thirst detects Mirana or her ally at low health during Moonlight Shadow. * Rupture deals high damage when Mirana uses Leap. Additional: * Rupture can quickly kill Mirana if she tries to Leap away. * Thirst detects Mirana and her allies during Moonlight Shadow.
* If Thirst activated, Lich doesn't slow Bloodseeker. * If he sees Chain Frost is targeting him, he can easily isolate himself with Thirst or forces Bloodseeker to build Blade Mail can cause Lich to accidentally kill himself with Chain Frost. * Even Lich builds Glimmer Cape or Force Staff are suicidal item against Bloodseeker when he is affected by Rupture.
* Heroes with spells that negate invisibility such as Bounty Hunter, Zeus and Slardar prevent her from saving her allies with Moonlight Shadow.
* Lich does not pose a big threat to Zeus in teamfights, as his spells don't have great cast range and Zeus should be too far back for a Chain Frost to bounce among him and his allies. * Lich has a low health pool, allowing Zeus to burst him down quickly.
* The long silence of Crippling Fear at night prevents Mirana from escaping with Moonlight Shadow and Leap. She also has really low base health, so Night Stalker can usually kill her during one cast of Crippling Fear at night. * With Dark Ascension and Gem of True Sight, Night Stalker can find and kill Mirana, and he is a tanky hero capable of fighting Mirana any stage of the game.
* Heroes with low health: Lich, Crystal Maiden, Lion.
* Heroes with summons or illusions makes Sacred Arrow harder to land: Shadow Demon, Phantom Lancer, Nature's Prophet.
* Chain Frost can bounce to the treants that Nature's Prophet summons. * Nature's Prophet's Sprout can be used to isolate and burst down the squishy Lich. Additional: * His treants can prevent Chain Frost from jumping to Nature's Prophet or his allies.
* Abaddon can remove Sacred Arrow's stun from his teammates with Aphotic Shield, or remove it from himself with Borrowed Time. * Borrowed Time makes Abaddon almost impossible to burst down with Mirana's Aghanim's Scepter combo. Additional: * Sacred Arrow can be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield.
* Lich is going to have a hard time nuking Huskar because of his high health regeneration from Berserker's Blood. * Lich is a squishy support without an escape mechanism, making Lich an easy kill thanks to Life Break and Burning Spear. * Once Huskar has Armlet of Mordiggian, even a maxed out Frost Blast will struggle to finish Huskar off.
* Weaver doesn't care much about Lich's slows thanks to Shukuchi. * If he sees Chain Frost is targeting him, he can easily isolate himself with Shukuchi so that it stops bouncing around. * Unless Lich bursts Weaver immediately, Lich has no hard disables or silences to prevent him from using Time Lapse.
* Eul's Scepter of Divinity is an item Lina commonly buys, which in combination with and Light Strike Array can disable Mirana if she tries to Leap away. * Laguna Blade's magical (pure with Laguna Blade damage is Pure and pierces Spell Immunity talent) burst damage takes advantage of Mirana's below average health. Additional: * Moonlight Shadow does little good against Dragon Slave and Light Strike Array. * Lina's damage burst can quickly kill Mirana's teammates before she saves them with Moonlight Shadow.
* If Slark sees the Sacred Arrow before it hits him, he can use Dark Pact to remove it a moment later. * Pounce prevents Mirana from escaping with Leap. * Slark can survive Mirana's Aghanim's Scepter combo with Shadow Dance.
* Windrun quickly dodge Mirana's Sacred Arrow and misses her attacks. * Shackleshot through tree with Focus Fire via Aghanim's Scepter combo can kill Mirana quickly, before using Leap or Moonlight Shadow.
* Puck can initiate on Mirana with Waning Rift to prevent her from going invisible or Leaping. * A Mirana caught in Dream Coil will stun herself if she tries to Leap away. * Puck's Burst damage takes advantage of Mirana's below average health. * Puck can easily dodge Sacred Arrow and Starstorm with Phase Shift. Additional: * Mirana's spells are laid out to assassinate enemies. Puck can easily avoid the slow moving Sacred Arrow, and also can avoid Starstorm with Phase Shift, since the meteors have a delay. * If Puck casts either Waning Rift or Dream Coil in the area, Mirana cannot Leap away.
* Overgrowth has a great duration, which prevents the units caught from attacking, moving and Blinking. Heroes like Storm Spirit, Mirana, Anti-Mage and others won't be able to do much if they're caught.
* Low-health, normally mobile carries who rely entirely on raw attack damage are vulnerable to Bane's nukes and disables: Anti-Mage, Clinkz, Drow Ranger, Faceless Void, Gyrocopter, Juggernaut, Meepo, Mirana, Monkey King, Morphling, Phantom Assassin, Phantom Lancer, Riki, Shadow Fiend, Slark, Sniper, Terrorblade, Troll Warlord, Weaver.
* Heroes that depend on disrupting fights with ability combos or big ultimate abilities are vulnerable to the long stun of Fiend's Grip: Disruptor, Death Prophet, Enigma, Faceless Void, Invoker, Lich, Magnus, Mars, Medusa, Outworld Destroyer, Phoenix, Puck, Queen of Pain, Shadow Fiend, Treant Protector, Underlord, Winter Wyvern, Witch Doctor, Zeus.
* Heroes that cannot move in fights such as a Dueling Legion Commander or anyone channeling a spell like Bane, Pudge, or Enigma are easy Sacred Arrow targets.
* Heroes with silences and hard stuns such as Doom, Silencer, and Lion can keep Mirana from Leaping away.
Additional: * All abilities from Mirana can shut down with Doom and Mirana can not escape with Leap since Doom activated. * Doom also catch Mirana disabled used combo items Doom from ugrade Aghanim's Scepter and Blink Dagger or Overwhelming Blink make Mirana can not move escaping notably Leap and Moonlight Shadow.
* Even though Luna is the kind of hero that Mirana can handle due to Moonlight Shadow rendering her safe from Eclipse with Moonlight Shadow, smart Luna can buy Dust of Appearance, allowing her to provide vision on her to her team, and possibly, kill Mirana. * Luna's high movement speed allows her to evade Sacred Arrow, giving Mirana difficulties in hitting her with it. * Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Eclipse combined with Dust of Appearance allows Luna to cast it on a hero that is struck by Sacred Arrow and/or after Mirana jumps in with Leap. Additional: * Even though Luna is the kind of hero that Mirana can handle due to Moonlight Shadow rendering her safe from Eclipse with Moonlight Shadow, smart Luna can buy Dust of Appearance, allowing her to provide vision on her to her team, and possibly, kill Mirana. * Luna's high movement speed allows her to evade Sacred Arrow, giving Mirana difficulties in hitting her with it. * Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Eclipse combined with Dust of Appearance allows Luna to cast it on a hero that is struck by Sacred Arrow and/or after Mirana jumps in with Leap.
* A couple of long-range heroes with excellent laning like Mirana, Lina, Necrophos, Death Prophet. The key to success is sticking together and attacking Luna whenever she enters the range, without even giving Luna a chance to retaliate. Multiple long-range heroes is a reason to pick another hero.
* Heroes that have superior mobility that can easily catch up with Mirana even after she used Leap to escape: Anti-Mage, Queen of Pain, Storm Spirit, Riki.
* Anti-Mage can withstand magical burst damage much better than other carries, making him effective against nukers: Lich, Necrophos, Oracle, and Leshrac.
Additional: * Although he can be effective against Anti-Mage in an aggro offlane, Lich has a hard time nuking down Anti-Mage in the midgame due to his Counterspell. * All of Lich's abilities are also targeted, which makes it much harder to disable Anti-Mage. * In the lategame, Anti-Mage can easily pick off Lich with Blink, and the high mana cost of Chain Frost along with Lich's large mana pool makes him vulnerable to Mana Void. * Blink allows Anti-Mage to escape Chain Frost.
* Counterspell does not protect Anti-Mage from Sacred Arrow. * Moonlight Shadow can help her allies avoid Mana Break and Mana Void. * Blink's cooldown isn't short enough to escape from Leap, especially when she has the extra charge from Aghanim's Shard. Additional: * Combo items for Mirana Rod of Atos can upgrade to Gleipnir and Sacred Arrow before and during Anti-Mage build item Manta Style cooldown can easy penetrates Counterspell broken. * Charge for Leap can Mirana easily faster escaping. * Moonlight Shadow it can disappear anytime and Anti-Mage can not fight.
* Techies spends lots of time standing still planting stacks of Land Mines away from creep waves. * Sacred Arrow can be used to scout hidden Land Mines among trees and at uphill places. It can also be used to catch Techies while he's planting them. * If Techies is hit with a Sacred Arrow, he can be killed before he has a chance to use Blast Off!. * Mirana has a high attack range to destroy his traps from a safe distance.
* Sacred Arrow's long stun duration can prevent Morphling from casting his Waveform or Morph Replicate, making him unable to escape and easier to gank. * Moonlight Shadow also allows Mirana's team to surprise Morphling while he tries to push towers. * Mirana usually buys Linken's Sphere to protect herself from single-target abilities, making Morphling's Adaptive Strike and Ethereal Blade harder to use on her. * However, Mirana also provides a chance to become a good Morph target, allowing Morph to use Leap to run away, if necessary.
* Sacred Arrow can be used to interrupt Freezing Field from a safe distance, forcing her to cancel it to dodge or get hit. * Crystal Maiden has very slow movement speed, making her an easy Sacred Arrow target. * Crystal Maiden has low health and can easily be killed with an Aghanim's Scepter combo or just when hit with an arrow. * If Frostbite has already been used, Mirana can Leap away even when slowed by Crystal Nova or Freezing Field.
* Mirana can use Leap to jump right next to Drow Ranger or can approach her while under cover of the invisibility granted by Moonlight Shadow, which cancels the bonus granted to Drow Ranger by Marksmanship. * Her low health makes her easy to burst down with Mirana's spells, especially with Aghanim's Scepter. * Mirana can dodge Gust with good reaction time, or Leap away if Drow tries to slow her without Gust.
* Leap allows Mirana to easily escape the freezing range of Cold Feet. Mirana also tends to build Manta Style which dispels Cold Feet. * During Moonlight Shadow, the invisibility makes it hard to catch Mirana's team with Ice Blast. * Ancient Apparition's lack of mobility/escape capabilities makes him an easy target for Mirana at any stage of the game.
* Frost Blast and Chain Frost can kite Troll Warlord effectively. * Frost Shield can single-handedly waste most of the duration of Battle Trance, due to the extreme resistance to physical damage Frost Shield provides. In addition, Troll Warlord is incapable of switching targets during Battle Trance, so he cannot pick an easier target. * Troll Warlord has little to no ability to regenerate HP, so Frost Blast together with Frost Shield can harass him effectively.
* Mirana can disturb Shadow Shaman's channeling even if he is under the effect of invisibility thanks to Sacred Arrow. * Mirana armed with an Aghanim's Scepter is known to be able to quickly burst down heroes - especially supports. Together with Ethereal Blade the bullying towards Shadow Shaman can continue for the whole match.
* Sacred Arrow can be used to interrupt Death Ward from a safe distance, forcing him to cancel it to dodge or get hit. * Paralyzing Cask is a slow-moving stun, and Mirana can Leap away from her allies to keep it from bouncing. * Witch Doctor has low health and can easily be killed with an Aghanim's Scepter combo or just when hit with an arrow.
* Chain Frost can eliminate Chaos Knight's Phantasm army, especially after he clumped up using Reality Rift. * Frost Shield will heavily reduce his army's effectiveness. Additional: * Lich's Chain Frost, especially after obtaining its respective talent that provides unlimited bounces, can take out all of Chaos Knight's illusions quickly. * An Aghanim's Scepter-upgraded Sinister Gaze can hypnotize Chaos Knight and his illusions while also draining his already low mana pool.
* Lich's Chain Frost forces Io to either give up providing buff to his ally with Tether or suffer devastating damage with his tethered ally. * Lich can easily use Sinister Gaze to disable Io from getting away with Tether or Relocate.
* Chain Frost can deliver high amounts of damage to Lone itself and his bear if they do not separate fast from each other. Additional: * Chain Frost will bounce between Lone Druid and his bear, forcing them to separate or suffer high amounts of damage.
* Heroes that cannot move in fights such as a Dueling Legion Commander or anyone channeling a spell like Bane, Pudge, or Enigma are easy Sacred Arrow targets.
Additional: * If Meat Hook is used before Leap, Mirana may be able to escape Pudge's grasp by leaping to safety. * The invisibility from Moonlight Shadow gives a degree of mobility, which can make Mirana or her teammates difficult targets to hook. * Sacred Arrow can be used to cancel Dismember from long distances.
* Any hero that can outrange Plague Ward can neutralize them without putting themselves at risk of receiving Poison Sting: Arc Warden, Chen, Clinkz, Drow Ranger, Lina, Mirana, Nature's Prophet, Pugna and Sniper. * Special mention to heroes that outrange Plague Ward after obtaining talents that increase attack range.
* Flux will slow and damage Mirana even after she Leaps, since she will likely not be near allies. * Arc Warden can place Magnetic Field on an ally who has been hit by Sacred Arrow to protect them. Additional: * Arc Warden can use his summons to prevent Sacred Arrow from hitting himself or his allies. * Mirana doesn't build items that give armor often, so she usually can't fight against a late game Arc Warden.
* Chain Frost can deliver high amounts of damage to Arc and his clone
* Earthbind prevents Mirana from Leaping or going invisible with Moonlight Shadow. She can be easily killed by Poof and Ransack while disabled. * Landing a Sacred Arrow on Meepo does not render him helpless, as all of the other Meepos can still fight back.
* Poof combo puts all of the Meepos very close together, making them vulnerable to Frost Blast's AoE slow and multiple bounces from Chain Frost.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.