* Chaos Bolt can stun Night Stalker outside of Crippling Fears relatively small radius. * Reality Rift is a great way to force Night Stalker to fight Chaos Knight, a hero with massive health and damage output. It also forces Night Stalker's Crippling Fear off his primary target. * Night Stalker doesn't have a lot of ways to deal with multiple targets, which makes him vulnerable to Phantasm illusions unless Night Stalker buys Aghanim's Scepter.
* Phantasm removes Glimpse and dispels Thunder Strike. Additionally, the Phantasm illusions make it difficult to use Glimpse and Thunder Strike on the real Chaos Knight. * Disruptor's lack of mobility, combined with his lack of innate defense, sets him up for a Reality Rift and a beatdown by Chaos Knight and his illusions.
* Void's slow is dispelled by Doppelganger or counteracted by Phantom Rush. * Spirit Lance's and Diffusal Blade's slow reduces Night Stalker's mobility and helps him or his ally escape if they're inflicted by Void or Crippling Fear. * Night Stalker has no AoE abilites to take out Phantom Lancer's illusions. Even if Night Stalker gets an Aghanim's Scepter, there will be way too many illusions for Night Stalker to handle.
* Doppelganger lets Phantom Lancer instantly escape from Kinetic Field. * Doppelganger is one of the most reliable ways to dodge Glimpse, other than spell immunity. * Doppelganger dispels Thunder Strike. * However, even with the negation of the rest of his kit, Static Storm (especially when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter) remains as one of the strongest lockdowns against Phantom Lancer, and as such Disruptor must never be underestimated. Additional: * Doppelganger is a very reliable tool against Glimpse, enabling him to dodge it consistently. * Doppelganger also allows Phantom Lancer to escape from Kinetic Field so long as there isn't a Static Storm on top of him.
* Ensnare and Song of the Siren prevents Night Stalker from escaping and ganking during daytime or even nighttime. * Rip Tide reduces Night Stalker's armor, making him easier to focus down. * Mirror Image can be effective against Night Stalker, due to his single target abilities. Additional: * Mirror Image can be effective since Night Stalker cannot withstand fighting illusions. If he's unable to tell which Naga Siren is real, he will have a hard time landing his Void. However, if Night Stalker obtains an Aghanim's Scepter, the upgraded Void will hit and may even locate the real Naga Siren in fights.
* Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Void's slow is useless against Lycan by activating Shapeshift. * Night Stalker's single target abilities (with the exception of Void upgraded by Aghanim's Scepter) is not very effective against Lycan's Summon Wolves during the early and mid game.
* Whirling Axes (Melee) provides a 60% miss chance, which can make the attack speed bonus from Hunter in the Night largely ineffective. * Berserker's Rage together with Battle Trance and Fervor stacks gives him a high chance of rooting Night Stalker, which allows Troll Warlord to man-fight Night Stalker in any stage of the game, regardless of whether or not it's night. * Night Stalker is not a common Monkey King Bar carrier to counteract this problem.
* Warcry makes it difficult to burst Sven down with both the passive (with Aghanim's Shard) and active component. * Sven under the effect of God's Strength and his massive physical damage make Sven very dangerous to engage in the mid game.
* Heroes that depend on disrupting fights with ability combos or big ultimate abilities are vulnerable to the long stun of Fiend's Grip: Disruptor, Death Prophet, Enigma, Faceless Void, Invoker, Lich, Magnus, Mars, Medusa, Outworld Destroyer, Phoenix, Puck, Queen of Pain, Shadow Fiend, Treant Protector, Underlord, Winter Wyvern, Witch Doctor, Zeus.
* Brewmaster with Primal Split * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Phoenix turns night to day, overriding Dark Ascension during Supernova.
* Phoenix with Supernova * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Void can interrupt Icarus Dive. * His Crippling Fear's silence will shutdown a spell caster Phoenix. * However, Phoenix punishes Night Stalker with Supernova because it will turn night into day, and it has a higher priority than Dark Ascension, effectively canceling the passive bonuses Night Stalker gets from Hunter in the Night.
* Crippling Fear is a silence that can last up to 8 seconds during night, rendering Storm Spirit tied limited to his items in a fight. * Dark Ascension allows Night Stalker to initiate on Storm Spirit across the impassable terrain around the middle lane, rendering Storm vulnerable in the early game and prevent him from snowballing. Additional: * Storm Spirit is absolutely helpless if caught within Night Stalker's silence range. * Common items a Storm Spirit will build will not remove the AoE silence.
* At around the 10-minute mark, Disruptor would normally be level 6 or 7. This means you can have a level 3/4 glimpse along with Static Storm. A high level glimpse is enough to pull Storm back to a Static Storm even after he used Ball Lightning due to his limited mana pool at that time. * Be careful in the late game however, as there is a good chance he will kill you straight-out before Glimpse has finished bringing him back. Therefore Glimpse would simply bring him back to safety after he's murdered you or a teammate. Of course, this is assuming he hasn't silenced you with an item.
* Dark Ascension reduces vision for the enemy team, which makes it more difficult for Magnus to initiate with Blink Dagger and Reverse Polarity. It is also more likely that Night Stalker will scout out Magnus with Aghanim's Scepter and a Gem of True Sight, after which he can silence Magnus with Crippling Fear.
* Disruptor can disable Magnus's Blink Dagger using Thunder Strike during a considerable duration, disrupting his initiation attempts. * Glimpse brings Magnus back after he escapes with Skewer and/or Force Staff. * Static Storm if used on a fight can prevent Magnus from using Reverse Polarity after he jumps in.
* With Dark Ascension he can keep vision on Slark, disabling his Shadow Dance regeneration. * Night Stalker is very fast so without the Pounce in lane, he can simply out distance him during the night. * Slark is matched in night vision by only a few heroes, Night Stalker happens to be one of them.
* Thunder Strike provides vision on him while Slark is invisible. * Glimpse's range at lvl 3-4 is more than enough to pull him back to a favorable position for your team to group up and kill him. * Even though he is capable of picking you off and deal enough damage to kill you, Slark will be literally sticking his neck out, since jumping on Disruptor means being on his battleground. * AoE silence and the ability to mute Black King Bar is deadly to Slark at all stages of the game. Additional: * Static Storm and Kinetic Field locks down Slark, as he cannot use Dark Pact to dispel any disables, or Pounce out while silenced. * Glimpse puts an end to any attempts at ganking Disruptor or his allies, and also negates Slark's mobility by bringing him back into the fight if he tries to escape with Pounce.
* Void can be used to cancel Requiem of Souls. * Crippling Fear prevents Shadow Fiend from using Shadowraze or Requiem of Souls. * With Dark Ascension and Gem of True Sight, Night Stalker can find and kill Shadow Fiend easily. He is also a tanky hero that can fight Shadow Fiend at any stage of the game.
* Glimpse and Kinetic Field allows Disruptor to set up some early kills onto Shadow Fiend. * Static Storm can be used to cancel the cast of Requiem of Souls.
* Night Stalker has a huge, almost instant silence through Crippling Fear. The main problem is that he can get it off while Queen of Pain barely has any vision of him if he creeps up to her during Dark Ascension. She'll have to play very carefully before she gets a Black King Bar or a Eul's Scepter of Divinity.
* Thunder Strike gives vision of Queen of Pain when she's trying to escape. When combined with Glimpse, her mobility and hit-and-run style can be negated. * While in a team fight, Static Storm forces Queen of Pain to only use right-clicks. * When combined with the Kinetic Field, she can only wait until she respawns. Additional: * Blink and positioning is crucial for Queen of Pain. These factors are heavily countered by a good Glimpse. * Static Storm is devastating for Queen as she relies heavily on her spells to inflict heavy burst damage.
* Crippling Fear makes Night Stalker one of the best early game gankers to shut down Anti-Mage. * Night Stalker's low mana pool causes him to take little damage from Mana Void.
* Glimpse brings Anti-Mage back after he Blinks away. * Static Storm stops Anti-Mage from Blinking. Additional: * Similar to Queen of Pain, Glimpse can disable Blink, negating his mobility. * However, Counterspell can negate a majority of Disruptor's damage, which may require him to have a partner to successfully kill Anti-Mage.
* Heroes with low health: Lich, Crystal Maiden, Lion.
* Just like Rubick, the Disruptor may effortlessly put Lion in life threatning danger and render him helpless by manipulating his position with Glimpse. * Disruptor's longer cast range and lingering disable makes Lion struggle to defend himself, possibly being affected by Disruptor's abilities without even seeing the thrall.
* Heroes that have a weak laning stage: Spectre, Nyx Assassin, Clockwerk, Spirit Breaker, Omniknight, Pudge.
* Glimpse moves Clockwerk away from allies struck by Hookshot, or under attack by Battery Assault. * Static Storm can turn Power Cogs into Clockwerk's own grave, and if Disruptor has Aghanim's Scepter, then Clockwerk will not be able to use Blade Mail to return damage at all.
* Earthshaker must be careful not to use Blink Dagger or Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Enchant Totem to blink into Riki's Smoke Screen or Night Stalker's Crippling Fear, as these field effects will instantly silence Earthshaker and prevent him from initiating.
Additional: * Fissure has a short stun and creates an impassable ridge. However, Night Stalker can fly over it during Dark Ascension. * Night Stalker can find Earthshaker, disable his Blink Dagger with Void, and then take him out with Crippling Fear. * Earthshaker may fail his blink combo against Night Stalker's team if he is not careful, as he can blink into the silence.
* Thunder Strike can be used to cancel Earthshaker's Blink Dagger. * Glimpse brings Earthshaker back after he jumps on Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Enchant Totem. * Static Storm if used on a fight can prevent Earthshaker from executing his combo after blinking in with Blink Dagger.
* Crippling Fear silences nearby heroes and cannot be dispelled, which hinders Rubick's way to retaliate when being jumped on. * With Hunter in the Night and Dark Ascension, Night Stalker can find Rubick easily in teamfights. The two spells grants more than enough damage to hunt Rubick down without defensive items.
* Dark Ascension also allows Night Stalker to fly over Proximity Mines without triggering them. * Crippling Fear is effective in stopping Techies from using Blast Off and Void is effective in stopping them from running to the safety of their mines.
* Tusk with Snowball * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Durable heroes can stand against Tusk during 1v1: Axe, Dragon Knight, Night Stalker, Centaur Warrunner, Wraith King and more.
* Glimpse can return Tusk to where he was after using Snowball. * Static Storm prevents Tusk from escaping with Snowball and when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter, it will also prevent him from using items.
* Glimpse will return Underlord or any of his teammates attempting to escape with Dark Rift if timed correctly. * Underlord is a slow and low mobility hero, easy to set up Static Storm and Kinetic Field, preventing him from using his abilities as well as preventing him using Fiend's Gate to escape.
* Puck with Phase Shift * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Void is a potent nuke that is devastating to Puck's low health pool. * Crippling Fear silence can prevent Puck from casting spells, leaving it vulnerable. Additional: * Puck cannot use any of its normal means to survive should Night Stalker catch it within Crippling Fear, and goes down quickly.
* Heroes who are strong against mobile heroes: Disruptor, Bloodseeker, Kunkka, Keeper of the Light.
* In the mid-game, Tidehunter relies on Kraken Shell to stay alive and get his Ravage off. Apart from Thunder Strike, none of Disruptor's abilities can be dispelled, so it's rather easy to trap him inside Kinetic Field and Static Storm. * Be mindful, however, that Kraken Shell still makes Tidehunter very tanky, so be sure that you can kill him with your combo or your partners while he is silenced and trapped.
* The long silence of Crippling Fear at night prevents Mirana from escaping with Moonlight Shadow and Leap. She also has really low base health, so Night Stalker can usually kill her during one cast of Crippling Fear at night. * With Dark Ascension and Gem of True Sight, Night Stalker can find and kill Mirana, and he is a tanky hero capable of fighting Mirana any stage of the game.
* Kinetic Field prevents Dawnbreaker from escaping with Celestial Hammer. * Kinetic Field and Static Storm can pin down Dawnbreaker after she jumps in with Solar Guardian. * Glimpse can force Dawnbreaker out of a fight right after she uses Solar Guardian.
* Void's mini-stun and silence from Crippling Fear will stop Pudge from using Dismember or turning off his Rot. * Night Stalker has naturally high health, strength gain and common itemization for survivability through magic resistance, making Night Stalker a poor target for Pudge.
* Keeper of the Light's Aghanim's Scepter upgrade loses much of its power, due to Night Stalker being able to reduce the duration of daytime by a lot. Additional: * Crippling Fear prevents Keeper of the Light from using his spells to keep his team alive during team-fights. * Dark Ascension is very strong against Keeper of the Light, as it allows Night Stalker to jump the backline and quickly kill the squishy Ezalor, especially when combined with the slow from Void.
* Crippling Fear makes it so Axe might use Blink Dagger right into an AoE silence in the middle of everyone. * Void cripples Axe's already bad movement speed and attack speed. * Hunter in the Night makes it impossible for Axe to catch up to fleeing or escape from Night Stalker during the night. * Lastly, Dark Ascension gives full vision over Axe before he initiates, making the opponents all recognize his location immediately and allowing Night Stalker to prevent it or vocally tell his team if needed. * Night Stalker has very high strength gain, even in the lane, so a successful Culling Blade is very unlikely. * Axe's Blade Mail will likely do nothing to Night Stalker because of his high health and certain requirements for him to do the most damage to be true.
* Crippling Fear is a good way to shut down and gank Invoker in the early game.. * Void deals good damage to Invoker and makes escaping harder. * With Hunter in the Night and Void, Invoker can't get away from Night Stalker and won't be able to catch him with Sun Strike during the night.
* Glimpse can prevent Primal Beast from initiating for most of the game with Onslaught. * While Static Storm is not much of a threat in terms of damage, it does prevent Primal Beast from casting any spells for a long period of time if also trapped in Kinetic Field. * Overall, Disruptor forces Primal Beast to buy a Black King Bar much earlier than he might like but becomes a major threat to Disruptor once he does.
* The long silence of Crippling Fear at night prevents Weaver from using his Shukuchi or Time Lapse. * With Dark Ascension and Gem of True Sight, Night Stalker can easily find and probably kill Weaver. * Hunter In the Night's attack speed bonus removes The Swarm's beetles very quickly.
* Night Stalker can easily find Tinker in the trees during Dark Ascension. * Void's mini-stun will stop Rearm and Keen Conveyance * Crippling Fear's silence will prevent Tinker from fighting back, as Tinker relies on his spells. Additional: * Night Stalker is one of the best heroes to find (and silence) Tinker in the trees during Dark Ascension.
* Disruptor can always Glimpse back Io or his target after he Relocated nearby. * Even better, thanks to the indicator on the ground, you can even preemptively drop Static Storm and Kinetic Field on the spot they will relocate to. * Thunder Strike and Glimpse are also good tools to bring back an Io that Tethered away in the fog of war. Additional: * Glimpse directly negates Relocate. * Kinetic Field prevents Io from escaping with Tether. * Static Storm can silence and damage both, Io and it's tethered target. And it can also mute both, Io and it's tethered target when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter
* Doom, Disruptor with Aghanim's Scepter, Dazzle with Aghanim's Shard, and hex abilities all prevent item usage, which is a severe problem for Phantom Assassin as it prevents her from using Black King Bar, the one item that helps protect her against the aforementioned dangers. Doom and Shadow Demon with Aghanim's Scepter also disables Phantom Assassin's Evasion and Critical Strike, removing much of her damage and survivabaility.
* Night Stalker's Crippling Fear at night prevents Shadow Walk for an extended period of time and his Void will make Phase Boots useless. If Night Stalker has True Sight, he can shutdown Bounty Hunter's sneak kill.
* Heroes with mobility/escape mechanisms to dodge Ancient Apparition abilites, or to easily jump on him: Riki, Queen of Pain, Phantom Assassin, Windranger, Bounty Hunter, Spirit Breaker, Night Stalker, Storm Spirit, Juggernaut, etc.
* Heroes with stronger lane presence that can threaten to kill him: Batrider, Juggernaut, Ursa, Monkey King, Razor.
* Thunder Strike provides vision of Monkey King when he's in the trees. The periodic damage will also keep Monkey King from using Tree Dance if he's on the ground. * Glimpse pulls Monkey King out of the trees if he attempts to escape using Tree Dance, and can cause Wukong's Command to end prematurely if Monkey King is Glimpsed out of its radius. * However, if Monkey King strikes first, if he has already casted Wukong's Command, Disruptor's abilities will not be much of an use
* Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* With Dark Ascension and Gem of True Sight, Night Stalker can easily find and kill Riki. Riki will also find it harder to kill the tanky Night Stalker than he would many other heroes.
* Heroes that can pick you off: Clinkz, Nyx Assassin, Puck, Riki.
* The long silence at night prevents Clinkz from escaping with invisibility if Night Stalker can sneak up on him. He also has really low base health, so Night Stalker can usually kill him alone during one cast of Crippling Fear at night.
* Heroes that can pick you off: Clinkz, Nyx Assassin, Puck, Riki.
* Heroes that have a weak laning stage: Spectre, Nyx Assassin, Clockwerk, Spirit Breaker, Omniknight, Pudge.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.