* Fate's Edict gives full immunity from Ogre Magi's mostly magical damage. * Fortune's End can dispel Ignite (when used on allies) and Bloodlust (when used on enemies). * False Promise can dispel Ignite and Fireblast.
* Fortune's End not being disjointable is almost an ensured disable if Dark Willow tries to escape with Shadow Realm. Dispels Cursed Crown and Terrorize. * Fate's Edict negates all her magic damage in case she catches a single hero. * False Promise's strong dispel removes Dark Willow's disables. Additional: * Fortune's End can easily dispel Cursed Crown before it times out and stuns. He can also save a stunned ally with False Promise. * Fate's Edict can easily negate Bedlam's over-time damage, since the spell provides no form of control. Similarly, he can also negate the magic burst from Shadow Realm. * Fortune's End can dispel the fear effect from Terrorize, and it can remove the root from Bramble Maze if cast quick enough. Be mindful that Fortune's End only dispels your allies' debuffs on the primary target.
* Lifestealer's Rage makes him immune to all of Ogre's magical debuffs and also dispels them. * Ogre's high health pool makes him an ideal target for Feast. Additional: * Ogre Magi has nothing against Rage and his high health pool amplifies Feast.
* Rage protects and dispels all of Dark Willow's abilities. Additional: * Rage protects Lifestealer from all of Dark Willow's abilities.
* Ogre Magi only deals magical damage, which Anti-Mage is exceptionally resistant due to Counterspell. * Anti-Mage dispels Ignite with Manta Style. * Ogre Magi has a very large mana pool which means Anti-Mage can do large amounts of damage to him with Mana Break and Mana Void.
* Counterspell negates Dark Willow's high magic burst damage. Its active blocks Cursed Crown. * Blink allows Anti-Mage to dodge Terrorize during its long cast animation, as well as avoiding the obstacles from Bramble Maze. On the other hand, if Anti-Mage gets caught inside Bramble Maze, he's unable to Blink away. * Dark Willow's chained magic burst requires a lot of mana, setting her up for damaging Mana Voids.
* Arc Warden's Tempest Double is helpful for killing Ogre Magi who lacks AoE damage and disables.
* Magnetic Field lets Arc Warden or allies evade Dark Willow's shadow realm attacks. The duration of the evasion can be extended with the clone. * Spark Wraith also exploits Dark Willow's low mobility.
* Puck silences Ogre Magi with Waning Rift, and Phase Shift makes Puck untargetable for the duration.
* All of Puck's abilities are area-targeted, and will hit Dark Willow when she uses Shadow Realm. * Illusory Orb allows Puck to bypass Bramble Maze, close the gap and silence Dark Willow with Waning Rift. * Phase Shift helps Puck dodge attacks charged by Shadow Realm, and is easily timed against Terrorize's long cast time.
* Nyx Assassin's high burst damage can be the bane of Dark Willow, as her low health makes it difficult to survive long enough to escape through Shadow Realm. * Spiked Carapace can be triggered by walking deliberately into Bramble Maze, leaving Dark Willow stunned and defenseless.
* Undying saps strength from heroes with Decay, and Ogre Magi's high strength gain will allow Undying to steal more and more strength, becoming stronger with each use. * Due to the Strength steal from Decay, Undying is normally very tanky, and has high health, making it harder for Ogre Magi to kill him.
* Jakiro's area of effect abilities can hit Dark Willow even while she is hidden during the Shadow Realm. * Waiting about 2 seconds after Dark Willow casts Shadow Realm to cast Ice Path will stun her while her Shadow Realm is at it's maximum damage. * Jakiro can stun Dark Willow when there is about 1 second left on Cursed Crown, Jakiro's Ice Path stun lasts slightly longer then Cursed Crown.
* Ancient Seal instantly shuts down Dark Willow's abilities, rendering her defenseless against his high burst damage spells, while she cannot cast spells of her own. * Mystic Flare deals immense burst damage in an area, damaging Dark Willow through Shadow Realm.
* Blade Fury dispels most of Dark Willow's abilities, allowing Juggernaut to pass through Bramble Maze and cancel out Cursed Crown before the stun occurs. * However, Dark Willow can tank Omnislash with Shadow Realm. As she is a valid target, but invulnerable to right clicks. Additional: * None of Dark Willow's spells pierce Spell Immunity, making Blade Fury a good counter against her. Additionally, it dispels Cursed Crown and Bramble Maze. * Dark Willow is generally fragile, which results in Omnislash being devastating against her. * However, if Shadow Realm is activated during Omnislash, then the attack damage is negated (though Omnislash can still jump to other enemies).
* Gust can hit Dark Willow beyond a defensive Bramble Maze, and before she gets close enough to hit Drow Ranger with Bedlam. * Drow Ranger's long range allows her to hit Dark Willow's team without venturing into her Bramble Maze.
* Flame Guard blocks Dark Willow's magical burst damage, and harms her if she tries to get close to attack with Bedlam. * Sleight of Fist and Fire Remnant makes it hard for Dark Willow to fully disable Ember Spirit.
* It is difficult for Mars to trade blows with Ogre Magi in the early game thanks to his high base health, resistance and Ignite. * Bloodlust can assist Ogre Magi or an ally in repositioning against Mars for its move speed bonus. * Fireblast can interrupt and mitigate Mars from performing his skill combos, especially in combination with Multicast.
* Heroes with high magical or pure damage will bypass Bulwark: Timbersaw, Dark Willow, Enigma, Invoker, Pugna, Skywrath Mage, Tinker, Zeus, Oracle.
* Heroes that can cancel Charge of Darkness: Ogre Magi, Earthshaker, Lion, Rubick, Luna.
* Bramble Maze stops Charge of Darkness in its tracks. Its very long duration means it can be used as an obstacle to block off an incoming Spirit Break during teamfights. * Shadow Realm and Bedlam can be activated when Dark Willow sees Charge of Darkness coming, preventing Spirit Breaker from using Nether Strike after the initial stun.
* Supports who can slow him to the point Trample does very little damage in the lane are also not fun: Lich, Ogre Magi, Winter Wyvern.
* Primal Beast really suffers against supports he cannot bully in the lane: this includes Dazzle, Shadow Demon and Dark Willow since they can use their respective abilities to stop Primal Beast from dealing burst damage, or make it hard for him to stay in range.
* Bramble Maze prevents Timbersaw from Timber Chaining away without getting rooted. * Cursed Crown can still catch Timbersaw if he Timber Chains away. * Reactive Armor offers little protection against Dark Willow's high magical damage.
* Windrun does not protect Windranger from Cursed Crown's stun or Dark Willow's magical nukes. * Focus Fire cannot target Dark Willow in Shadow Realm and will be interrupted if targeted earlier, wasting the ultimate. Additional: * Windrun does not protect Windranger from Cursed Crown stun or Dark Willow's magical nukes. * Focus Fire cannot target Dark Willow in Shadow Realm and will be interrupted if targeted earlier, wasting the ultimate.
* The damage block instances of Refraction can be burned down with Ignite. * Fire Shield effectively reduces the burst damage from a Meld-charged ambush from Templar Assassin, provided the spell is cast beforehand.
* Bramble Maze will very likely catch Marci midair, disabling Marci's chasing/fleeing ability. * Shadow Realm prevents Marci from bursting Willow down since she relies on physical attacks and unit target spells. With Aghanim's Scepter, Willow can hit Marci while Marci can't hit Willow. * Bedlam and Eul's Scepter of Divinity allows Willow to manfight if Marci initiates with Rebound. * Terrorize and Cursed Crown combo can waste Marci's ultimate for almost half of its duration.
* Bramble Maze greatly hinders Bloodseeker's ability to run around in teamfights and pick off dying allies. * Shadow Realm prevents Bloodseeker from attacking dark Willow, allowing her to safely teleport away.
* A well-timed Fireblast with Multicast can prevent Weaver from escaping with Shukuchi and even Time Lapse. * Ignite's high damage early on applies heavy pressure onto Weaver's very small health pool. * However, the slow from Ignite is generally useless against Shukuchi, and Time Lapse dispels it if needed.
* Ignite can prevent Earthshaker from escaping and/or initiating with Blink Dagger. * Fireblast and Unrefined Fireblast may help prevent Earthshaker follow through with his combo after landing an Echo Slam.
* Fireblast is a good tool to interrupt Io during its escapes through Tether. * Ignite can be one of the few spells with enough total damage to out-trade the sustained healing Io provides for its fellow laner. * However, picking other supports that focus less on the laning phase is generally a better choice against Io.
* Dark Willow's burst damage and stun prevents Troll Warlord from approaching her until he has Black King Bar. * Troll Warlord's lack of burst damage makes it hard for him to kill Dark Willow before she slips into Shadow Realm.
* Heroes with powerful rooting abilities will disable most of Pangolier's skills, a bonus point if it pierces spell immunity since it will also be able to stop Pangolier during his Rolling Thunder: Treant Protector, Meepo, Crystal Maiden, Dark Willow, Underlord, Naga Siren
* Heroes with high burst damage and Black King Bar can take down Dark Willow quickly: Phantom Assassin, Sven, Wraith King
* Multicast Fireblasts over the course of fights are a decent nuisance to stall Sven's massive damage output. * Bloodlust and Ignite gives Ogre Magi's team the movement speed difference needed to chase and/or disengage against a Sven and his Warcry. * Ignite provides strong damage over time to pressure Sven early on in the laning phase and keep his health low, delaying his transition into the jungle. Ignite is also an easy way to disrupt Blink Dagger, Sven's most popular way of initiation. * Ogre Magi's presence in the laning phase both in terms of damage and durability keeps high pressure on Sven in lane. * Purchasing an Aghanim's Shard allows Ogre Magi to greatly reduce the burst damage of Sven, who tends to build items focused on damage per hit instead of attack speed.
* Ogre Magi has single-targeted magical-only damage and disables and is less effective against Meepo's clones.
* Casting Bramble Maze on top of Meepo guarantees a root, as it is nearly impossible to leave the thorns with all of Meepo's clones. * Terrorize and Cursed Crown offer great disables against the grouped Meepos and can prevent them from using Poof to escape.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.