* Ogre Magi has no undispellable AoE damage or disables and has nothing to deal with Phantom Lancer's illusions. * Doppelganger disjoints and dispels Ignite.
* Doppelganger allows Phantom Lancer to dodge an incoming snowball. * Phantom Lancer usually buys a Diffusal Blade, which is very effective against Tusk's low mana pool. * Phantom Lancer usually buys Manta Style which can also dodge an incoming snowball, much like Doppelganger.
* Ogre Magi only deals magical damage, which Anti-Mage is exceptionally resistant due to Counterspell. * Anti-Mage dispels Ignite with Manta Style. * Ogre Magi has a very large mana pool which means Anti-Mage can do large amounts of damage to him with Mana Break and Mana Void.
* Mana Break is very effective against Tusk, as he has a very low mana pool. * Blink allows Anti-Mage to escape from an incoming Snowball. * Counterspell reflects the Snowball back onto Tusk
* Fate's Edict gives full immunity from Ogre Magi's mostly magical damage. * Fortune's End can dispel Ignite (when used on allies) and Bloodlust (when used on enemies). * False Promise can dispel Ignite and Fireblast.
* Undying saps strength from heroes with Decay, and Ogre Magi's high strength gain will allow Undying to steal more and more strength, becoming stronger with each use. * Due to the Strength steal from Decay, Undying is normally very tanky, and has high health, making it harder for Ogre Magi to kill him.
* Lifestealer's Rage makes him immune to all of Ogre's magical debuffs and also dispels them. * Ogre's high health pool makes him an ideal target for Feast. Additional: * Ogre Magi has nothing against Rage and his high health pool amplifies Feast.
* Glimpse can return Tusk to where he was after using Snowball. * Static Storm prevents Tusk from escaping with Snowball and when upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter, it will also prevent him from using items.
* Tusk with Snowball * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Sticky Napalm makes it difficult for Tusk to hold his own on lane. * An ill-timed and ill-positioned Snowball will give Batrider a free counter-initiation with Flaming Lasso if Batrider is far enough to avoid the stun from the Snowball. Additional: * Sticky Napalm makes it difficult for Tusk to hold his own on lane. * An ill-timed and ill-positioned Snowball will give Batrider a free counter-initiation with Flaming Lasso if Batrider is far enough to avoid the stun from the Snowball.
* Shadow Demon, Outworld Destroyer and Tusk can all save a Lasso'd teammate with their defensive spells.
* It is difficult for Mars to trade blows with Ogre Magi in the early game thanks to his high base health, resistance and Ignite. * Bloodlust can assist Ogre Magi or an ally in repositioning against Mars for its move speed bonus. * Fireblast can interrupt and mitigate Mars from performing his skill combos, especially in combination with Multicast.
* Snowball can protect Tusk and his teammates from a Spear of Mars' stun after an Arena of Blood, and with proper targeting, even bring them out of the Arena. This is especially noticeable in the earlier stages of the game before allies buy Black King Bar and rely on this less. Even during the late-game, Tusk can purchase a Blink Dagger to save allies that are caught before Black King Bars can be used by Blinking in and Snowballing out. * Tag Team is a constant threat to Mars in-lane, as it deals significant damage and slow, making Bulwark slightly ineffective. * It is worth noting that Ice Shards can be detrimental to Tusk's own team by creating terrain that Spear of Mars can latch on, though using it conservatively is a good enough solution in most cases.
* The damage block instances of Refraction can be burned down with Ignite. * Fire Shield effectively reduces the burst damage from a Meld-charged ambush from Templar Assassin, provided the spell is cast beforehand.
* Because Templar Assassin does not have escape potential in lane, any support hero with roaming potential and a Dust of Appearance can be great at shutting her down early game: Earth Spirit, Spirit Breaker, Tusk, Bounty Hunter, Riki, Warlock.
* Fireblast is a good tool to interrupt Io during its escapes through Tether. * Ignite can be one of the few spells with enough total damage to out-trade the sustained healing Io provides for its fellow laner. * However, picking other supports that focus less on the laning phase is generally a better choice against Io.
* Heroes that can easily bypass Io's allies to get to Io: Riki, Tusk, Clinkz, Sniper, Slark, Phantom Assassin, Void Spirit, Storm Spirit, Ember Spirit, Earth Spirit, Spirit Breaker.
* Walrus PUNCH! can interrupt Black Hole and it can pierce spell immunity and neither Black King Bar nor Linken's Sphere can protect Enigma from Walrus PUNCH! as Walrus PUNCH! is an auto-cast ability. * In pretty much any phase of the game, Tusk's abilities can easily cancel Black Hole and disrupt Enigma's positioning.
* Snowball allows Tusk to easily cancel Freezing Field from a safe distance without putting himself in any danger. * Walrus PUNCH! is most certainly a high enough damage nuke to easily kill off Crystal Maiden. * Ice Shards can prevent the already immobile Crystal Maiden from escaping, making her an easy kill for either Tusk or a teammate. Additional: * Crystal Maiden's low health and armor make her an easy target for Walrus PUNCH! * Tusk's Snowball can protect allies and cancel Freezing Field. * Snowball and Walrus PUNCH! can interrupt Freezing Field.
* Tusks damage/stun is enough to obliviate Storm Spirit before he can do anything. * Tusk is a common Blink Dagger carrier, and once he reaches Level 18, Walrus PUNCH! deals roughly half of Storm Spirit's health alone, It also stuns for a long enough time for Tusk to Snowball Storm Spirit, stunning him even more, If that hasn't finished him off, the damage from Ice Shards probably will. Combined with Tag Team, which adds bonus damage to Tusks attacks, Storm Spirit is unlikely to survive Tusk initiating on him * Walrus PUNCH is even more potent if he uses a Silver Edge instead * However while Ball Lightning doesn't disjoint Snowball, if used before Tusk hits with Snowball, prevents the stun and damage from being applied
* Snowball and Ice Shards keep Drow Ranger down and preventing her from running away. * Snowball also lets Tusk get to Drow Ranger and stop her Marksmanship bonus. It can also be to save allies affected by Gust. * Tag Team allows Tusk to slow her down and land a killing blow on her. * Walrus PUNCH! slows Drow Ranger and deals a huge amount of damage to her, due to her low health (and low armor without Marksmanship, since Tusk can quickly close the gap to Drow Ranger).
* Tag Team easily overwhelms pudge,as he has low armor.Combined with heavy physical hitters and Pudge's slow speed, it becomes for Pudge difficult to escape. * Snowball hides a Dismembered ally and stops his ultimate. * Walrus PUNCH! removes a big chunk of his health and stuns him. * Pudge usually can't stand toe to toe against Tusk and his allies in the early game.
* Snowball allows Tusk to move himself and allies towards Sniper whilst invulnerable and hidden. * His Ice Shards may also block pathing for Sniper as he has no means of moving through obstacles. In addition, Tag Team can hinder Sniper's escape. Additional: * Tusk alone or with his teammates can close Sniper's long range easily with Snowball, even wasting Shrapnel, ending with a very vulnerable Sniper. * Walrus PUNCH! damage can easily kill Sniper instantly due to his low health.
* Ice Shards can easily interfere with Rolling Thunder, making him stuck inside the arc and wasting his ultimate. Do not panic and use Shield Crash to get out of that position. * Snowball helps Tusk and his allies follow a fleeing Pangolier, keep in mind that the Pangolier can always counter-initiate with his Rolling Thunder. * Walrus PUNCH! deals heavy damage even during his Rolling Thunder.
* A well-timed Fireblast with Multicast can prevent Weaver from escaping with Shukuchi and even Time Lapse. * Ignite's high damage early on applies heavy pressure onto Weaver's very small health pool. * However, the slow from Ignite is generally useless against Shukuchi, and Time Lapse dispels it if needed.
* Multicast Fireblasts over the course of fights are a decent nuisance to stall Sven's massive damage output. * Bloodlust and Ignite gives Ogre Magi's team the movement speed difference needed to chase and/or disengage against a Sven and his Warcry. * Ignite provides strong damage over time to pressure Sven early on in the laning phase and keep his health low, delaying his transition into the jungle. Ignite is also an easy way to disrupt Blink Dagger, Sven's most popular way of initiation. * Ogre Magi's presence in the laning phase both in terms of damage and durability keeps high pressure on Sven in lane. * Purchasing an Aghanim's Shard allows Ogre Magi to greatly reduce the burst damage of Sven, who tends to build items focused on damage per hit instead of attack speed.
* Heroes rely on their debuff to control the opponent will have a hard time against Press the Attack: Venomancer, Earth Spirit, Ogre Magi
* Heroes who can hide the Dueled target (Outworld Destroyer, Shadow Demon, Tusk, Phoenix with Aghanim's Scepter etc).
Additional: * Walrus PUNCH! makes Legion Commander lose Duel easily, especially when she doesn't have Blade Mail. Tusk can also snowball dueled allies, preventing them from taking damage for a large portion of the duel's duration.
* Nethertoxin breaks Multicast. * Corrosive Skin minimizes the damage from Ignite and Fireblast.
* Viper Strike can be countered through Snowball, wasting Viper's mana through his ultimate. * Nethertoxin is useless against Tusk as he has no passive abilities at all. And to make things worse, Nethertoxin cannot disable Walrus PUNCH! because it's an auto-cast ability.
* Echo Slam is good against Snowball since it bunches everyone up. This can set up some prime opportunities for Blink Echo Slams.
* Ignite can prevent Earthshaker from escaping and/or initiating with Blink Dagger. * Fireblast and Unrefined Fireblast may help prevent Earthshaker follow through with his combo after landing an Echo Slam.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.