* Shukuchi can break Static Link with little trouble. * Time Lapse can easily be used to avoid damage from Plasma Field and can recover the damage done from Static Link and Eye of the Storm. * Eye of the Storm can't kill bugs from The Swarm.
* Heroes with Linken's Sphere as core item: Weaver, Morphling, Medusa.
* Pounce can easily break Static Link, making it less powerful against him. * Slark is one of the few heroes who can man fight a Razor, because of Essence Shift. * Shadow Dance can prevent Razor from killing him and may provide an opportunity to kill Razor due to it preventing Razor from attacking Slark.
* Heroes with strong dispels can remove Primal Roar's stun: Abaddon, Slark, Oracle.
* Morphling can break Static Link with Waveform. Alternatively, Morphling can Morph into Razor and use the same ability against him. * Morphling's high armor makes Eye Of The Storm mostly ineffective, enabling Morphling to fight Razor for longer. * Razor has no disables, enabling Morphling to avoid his abilities as needed. Additional: * Static Link is almost completely useless against Morphling, as he is able to quickly break it off with Waveform or turn into Razor himself with Morph and recover all of his stolen damage, or simply steal Razor's own.
* Heroes with Linken's Sphere as core item: Weaver, Morphling, Medusa.
* Heroes who rely on abilities to deal damage (e.g. Timbersaw, Tinker) can fight a Razor even after Static Link.
Additional: * Razor deals mostly physical damage towards the later game, and Timbersaw is also very mobile, making him a difficult kill to earn. * Timbersaw rarely resorts to attacks, thus does not suffer when his damage is stolen with Static Link.
* Reactive Armor is very effective against Beastmaster's summons during laning stage and entire game. * Timbersaw can quickly clear Beastmaster's summons with his nukes. * Lotus Orb item for Timbersaw can difficult for Primal Roar.
* Life Break along with Burning Spear can quickly kill Razor before Static Link steals enough damage for Razor to take down Huskar. * Berserker's Blood can make stealing Huskar's damage and using it against him somewhat dangerous, as Huskar will be able to inflict more and more Burning Spears rapidly.
* Outworld Destroyer doesn't care if Razor steals his damage because he does most of his damage through Arcane Orb. * Astral Imprisonment can prevent Razor from using the stolen damage from Static Link or chasing with Eye of the Storm. * Sanity's Eclipse will do a ton of damage to Razor due to his low mana pool.
* Necrophos usually doesn't build itmes that give attack damage, minimalizing effects of Static Link. * He can use Ghost Shroud to prevent Razor from attacking him with the stolen damage from Static Link. * Razor is somewhat vulnerable to magical damage, and Reaper's Scythe prevents him from escaping with his high movement speed when things get dangerous.
* Primal Roar can be instantly dispelled by Aphotic Shield. * The debuffs from Wild Axes and Poison from Call of the Wild: Boar can also be dispelled by Aphotic Shield. Additional: * Aphotic Shield effectively nullifies Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies. * Even being initiated by Primal Roar, Borrowed Time can make Abaddon extremely difficult to kill.
* Cold Embrace mitigates Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies. * Winter's Curse can turn Beastmaster's summons and Inner Beast against his teammate. Additional: * Beastmaster's summons and Inner Beast are very useful to attack his cursed teammate. * Cold Embrace effectively mitigates Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies.
* His increased attack range makes it very hard to get close enough for Static Link, Eye of the Storm and Razor's own attacks. * Headshot procs will slow Razor heavily regardless of Storm Surge, as it will knock him back for a brief duration.
* Frostbite kills boars instantly on the laning stage leading to either experience lead or disabling Beastmaster from using Boar * Crystal Nova nukes and slows down the attack and movement speed of Beastmaster's summons. * Freezing Field grants improved self armor, nukes and slows down Beastmaster and his summons.
* Viper's Poison Attack and Viper Strike that can slow Razor, and is one of the few heroes that can keep him immobile. * Altogether, Viper's skills reduce Razor's attack speed, heavily reducing the benefit of the damage drain from Static Link. Additional: * Storm Surge is counteracted by Nethertoxin, leaving Razor without faster MS. * Static Link's damage drain doesn't bother Viper a lot as most of his early to mid game damage is magical.
* Illusion or summon-based heroes can be a problem to Viper due to his lack of AoE damage: Naga Siren, Phantom Lancer, Beastmaster
* Plasma Field can spot an Ursa sneaking into Roshan's pit * Static Link has a 800 link break distance, meaning Razor can stay close enough to drain Ursa' damage, but not too close to get attacked * Static Link cannot be dispelled by Enrage * With Storm Surge, Razor will usually be faster than Ursa in most cases * Eye of the Storm melts through Ursa's armor
* Primal Roar and the slow from Boars makes kiting Ursa very easy.
* Static Link is effective against Troll Warlord, as he mainly relies on attack speed more so than damage. * Static Link is even more effective if Troll Warlord used Battle Trance, as he has no way to break the link. Additional: * Static Link can drain most or all of Troll Warlord's damage, making him useless in a teamfight or unable to last hit in lane. This is especially effective during Battle Trance, because Troll has no option to cancel the link. * Storm Surge allows Razor to chase after or run away from Troll Warlord while doing damage with Eye of the Storm.
* Primal Roar and the slow from Boars make kiting Troll Warlord very easy.
* Razor's Plasma Field and the passive from Eye of the Storm can damage and clear Chen's creeps. * Chen has no escape mechanisms, making him easy prey for Static Link. * Eye of the Storm will rapidly strike Chen's creeps around Razor.
* Wild Axes, Primal Roar and Drums of Slom can deal high damage to Chen and clear waves of his creeps. * Even though Chen can take control of the Boar from Call of the Wild Boar at any time with Holy Persuasion, which could put Beastmaster in a disadvantage against Chen. Skilled Beastmaster can buy Helm of the Overlord to regain control of it to counter this problem. * Smart Beastmaster can also buy Bloodthorn to prevent Chen from taking control of the Boar from Call of the Wild Boar and make Chen more vulnerable to Beastmaster.
* Heroes with wide AoE abilities will reveal Monkey King through Mischief: Necrophos, Phoenix, Alchemist, Earthshaker, Razor, Tinker, Leshrac, Queen of Pain
Additional: * Static Link can steal the bonus damage from Jingu Mastery and reduce the physical damage from Boundless Strike. It also reduces Wukong's Command's damage if it's used after stealing damage via Static Link. * Static Link will give Razor shared vision on Monkey King if he tries to escape using Tree Dance or Mischief. * Plasma Field can prevent Monkey King from using Tree Dance and Mischief. * Eye of the Storm will remove the armor buff from Wukong's Command, as well as hitting Monkey King during Mischief.
* The Hawk can easily find Monkey King while he is sitting on a tree. * Wild Axes can knock out Monkey King from tree. * Boars drastically reduce Monkey King's attack speed, making it harder for him to gain Jingu Mastery stacks. Additional: * Wild Axes can chop down trees, making it difficult for Monkey King to utilize Tree Dance well. * Call of the Wild Hawk can scout Monkey King when he is perched on top of trees. * Primal Roar can stun Monkey King for a lengthy duration even with spell immunity.
* Templar Assassin's Refraction will easily be removed by Eye of the Storm, and Static Link reveals Templar Assassin hiding with Meld and drain the bonus damage from Refraction.
Additional: * Razor's Eye of the Storm damage-over-time easily wear off Refraction charges, allowing Templar Assassin to be damaged. * Static Link empties Templar Assassin's damage output even with the bonus from Refraction, and will keep doing that even if the Razor cannot see her during Meld. * Plasma Field can easily strike her during Meld.
* Attacks from Boars and the attack speed boost from Inner Beast will quickly wear down Refraction.
* Static Link can lower the damage output from Coup de Grace procs, hindering Phantom Assassin's main source of damage. And Phantom Assassin is not a common Linken's Sphere wielder to counter this problem. * Eye of the Storm strikes cannot be evaded by Blur. * Both Static Link and Eye of the Storm pierces spell immunity, as Phantom Assassin is often reliant on Black King Bar. Additional: * Static Link can lower the damage output from Coup de Grace procs, hindering Phantom Assassin's main source of damage. * Eye of the Storm strikes cannot be evaded by Blur. * Both Static Link and Eye of the Storm pierces spell immunity, as Phantom Assassin is often reliant on Black King Bar.
* Heroes with disables that ignore spell immunity will render Phantom Assassin quite useless in teamfights throughout the game: Axe, Enigma, Vengeful Spirit, Doom, Bane, Beastmaster, Pudge, Medusa, Warlock.
* Plasma Field and Eye of the Storm can help Razor clear waves of Terrorblade's illusions. * Static Link can significantly weakens Terrorblade's damage, even during Metamorphosis, making Terrorblade's attacks tickle while strengthening Razor's attack damage. Terrorblade also lacks escape mechanisms, making Terrorblade a good target for Static Link and forcing Terrorblade to buy Linken's Sphere. * Storm Surge makes it difficult for Terrorblade to catch Razor, and when upgraded with Aghanim's Shard, it can also deal damage to Terrorblade and his illusions. * Eye of the Storm can rapidly weaken Terrorblade's armor, which combined with Terrorblade's low health and strength gain can almost completely discourage Terrorblade from even being present in teamfights. * Static Link and Eye of the Storm cannot be dispelled neither with Manta Style nor blocked by Black King Bar, which can put Terrorblade in a big disadvantage against Razor. * However, Razor's lack of disables makes it difficult for him to burst down Terrorblade before he can use Sunder unless Razor has either Black King Bar or Linken's Sphere to protect himself against it. Additional: * Plasma Field and Eye of the Storm can help Razor clear waves of Terrorblade's illusions. * Static Link significantly weakens Terrorblade's damage, even during Metamorphosis, making Terrorblade's attacks tickle while strengthening Razor's attack damage. Terrorblade also lacks escape mechanisms, making Terrorblade a good target for Static Link and forcing Terrorblade to buy Linken's Sphere. * Storm Surge makes it difficult for Terrorblade to catch Razor, and when upgraded with Aghanim's Shard, it can also deal damage to Terrorblade and his illusions. * Eye of the Storm can rapidly weaken Terrorblade's armor, which combined with Terrorblade's low health and strength gain can almost completely discourage Terrorblade from even being present in teamfights. * Static Link and Eye of the Storm cannot be dispelled neither with Manta Style nor blocked by Black King Bar, which can put Terrorblade in a big disadvantage against Razor. * However, Razor's lack of disables can make it difficult for him to burst down Terrorblade before he can use Sunder unless Razor has either Black King Bar or Linken's Sphere to protect himself against it.
* Static Link can lower the damage output from Focus Fire. * Eye of the Storm strikes cannot miss, even if Windrun is active. Additional: * Static Link greatly lowers Windranger's damage output from Focus Fire. * Eye of the Storm strikes cannot miss, even if Windrun is active.
* Static Link saps Dragon Knight of his already low base damage, making him even more useless in a fight if he gets kited. * Storm Surge makes Razor much faster than Dragon Knight, and hard to catch. * Eye of the Storm melts Dragon Knight's armor and bypasses Black King Bar, his core item.
* Eye of the Storm melts Bristleback's armor, and makes him much less tanky. * Static Link can completely drain Bristleback's bonus damage from Warpath. * Storm Surge allows Razor to outdistance Bristleback, even with a few stacks of Viscous Nasal Goo on him. Also, if Razor has his Shard, it will deal full damage to Bristleback every time he uses Viscous Nasal Goo (as Bristleback will face him to cast it). Additional: * Eye of the Storm melts Bristleback's armor, and makes him much less tanky. * Static Link can completely drain Bristleback's bonus damage from Warpath.
* Static Link can steal Shadow Fiend's high physical damage output from Necromastery, lowering his damage output, and Static Link cannot be prevented by Black King Bar. * Plasma Field and Eye of the Storm can melt down Shadow Fiend easily, due to his low health.
* Razor's highly mobile nature allows him to control Lifestealer from a distance. As well, Lifestealer is already slow in comparison due to his lack of disables and move speed. Lifestealer is also an ideal target for Static Link, for its ability to pierce magic immunity and damage steal, which can render Lifestealer's Feast useless. * Plasma Field can slow Lifestealer from a distance and force him to cast Rage too early. * Eye of the Storm pierces magic immunity, deals physical damage, and reduces armor, allowing Razor to easily stand up to Lifestealer. Additional: * Static Link cannot be dispelled by Rage or Infest, so Razor will be able to track Lifestealer down during an attempted escape. * Storm Surge makes it hard for Lifestealer to catch Razor. * Static Link can stop Open Wounds from getting any additional lifesteal, but keep in mind Lifestealer can still utilize Feast. * Eye of the Storm penetrates the spell immunity of Rage.
* Static Link greatly reduces Underlord damage, while benefits Razor himself, even when in Atrophy Aura's range. * Underlord is a slow and low mobility hero, and cannot outrun Razor's high movement speed, easily for Razor to absorb his damage with Static Link to the maximum and burst him down from the bonus damages, combine with the armor reduction from Eye of the Storm .
* Nether Strike can't remove Static Link and reduces Spirit Breaker's physical damage output. * Eye of the Storm melts Spirit Breaker's armor, and makes him much less tanky. Additional: * Static Link drains damage bonus from Greater Bash, it cannot be removed by Nether Strike. * Eye of the Storm melts Spirit Breaker's armor, and makes him much less tanky.
* Alchemist's reliance on fast attack speed to do single-target damage makes him vulnerable to Static Link. It also goes through Black King Bar, which is a standard item on Alchemist. * Eye of the Storm is great against high health strength heroes as it reduces their survivability to physical damage. * Razor has early lane push to counter Acid Spray.
* Static Link drains Legion Commander's accumulated damage, effectively neutralizing her overall primary advantage, and prevents her from winning Duels. * Storm Surge's movement speed buff makes Razor and his allies harder to catch and initiate. * Eye of the Storm, if used beforehand, will always hit Legion Commander during Duels, due to her forced proximity. This drastically lowers her survivability during Duel.
* Static Link drains away Riki's damage while keeping his location revealed for its duration, allowing his team to accurately land detection or area-of-effect skills. * Storm Surge procs on invisible heroes, making him aware of Riki's presence near him.
* Plasma Field can destroy Phantom Lancer's illusions or damage them heavily. * Static Link cannot be broken even with Doppelganger, serving as a marker for the real Phantom Lancer. * Storm Surge gives Razor's high mobility to chase down Phantom Lancer making Spirit Lance and Diffusal Blade slow useless. * Eye of the Storm along with Aghanim's Scepter can quickly reduce Phantom Lancer's armor. Additional: * Plasma Field and Eye of the Storm clears most of Phantom Lancer's illusions. * Static Link is not dispelled by Doppelganger or Manta Style which can be used to mark the real Phantom Lancer while also draining his base damage. * Razor's high mobility with Storm Surge makes it hard for Phantom Lancer to chase down with Phantom Rush. When upgraded with Aghanim's Shard, it makes a quick work of his illusions.
* Heroes who relies on high armor such as Dragon Knight, Tidehunter, and Pudge can be melted by Eye of the Storm.
Additional: * Kraken Shell's dispel does not restore damage stolen by Static Link, and the stolen damage easily offsets Anchor Smash's damage reduction. Razor can keep attacking Tidehunter from afar, denying his chance to use Anchor Smash. * Eye of the Storm melts Tidehunter's armor and makes him much less tanky. * Razor can chase Tidehunter by himself without relying on actual crowd control ability, so the strong dispel from Kraken Shell is less useful.
* Skywrath Mage also has a terrible time fighting against anything that isn't a hero. His skills are mostly target-based and he has terrible strength and agility, he can easily be kited or harassed by illusion-based heroes like Chaos Knight and Phantom Lancer, or by Heroes that summon other units like Lone Druid, Lycan and Beastmaster.
* Heroes with both illusions and summons, for Io has nothing to deal with multiple enemies at once outside from Spirits's weak area-of-effect: Beastmaster, Broodmother, Chaos Knight, Lycan, Naga Siren, Nature's Prophet, Phantom Lancer, Shadow Shaman, Terrorblade, Visage, Warlock, Wraith King.
* Heroes with Linken's Sphere as core item: Weaver, Morphling, Medusa.
* With Static Link, Razor can effectively make Medusa useless in teamfights by reducing her main damage output. It can, however, be blocked by a Linken's Sphere. * Plasma Field allows Razor to get on top of Medusa, slowing her already slow movement speed to a mere crawl. * Eye of the Storm capitilizes on Medusa's low armor and causes her to be very vulnerable, even through Mana Shield.
* Heroes with AoE abilities are a bane to Beastmaster's summons: Storm Spirit, Magnus, Pangolier.
* Plasma Field can slow Magnus during Skewer, and when combined with Eye of the Storm, will potentially disable his Blink Dagger, preventing him from initiating. * Static Link drains the bonus damage from Empower. However, it can be broken by Skewer and/or Force Staff. * Storm Surge gives Razor and his allies high mobility needed to avoid Shockwave & Reverse Polarity.
* Untouchable negates Inner Beast's attack speed bonus, making her hard to kill even if stunned by Primal Roar. * Enchantress can also take control of Beastmaster's summons. Additional: * Enchant can control Beastmaster's boars, mitigating his effectiveness during the laning stage and teamfights.
* Static Link 's damage instants fully ignore Untouchable, combine with Eye of the storm and high movement speed compare to Enchantress with no mobility, Razor can easily take away her squishy health pool.
* Having many summons out will cause Echo Slam to deal extra damage.
* Static Link drains the damage bonus from Enchant Totem, until he purchase Aghanim's Scepter or Force Staff to break it. * Storm Surge with Razor's high mobility items can easily avoid all of Earthshaker abilities. * Plasma Field & Eye of the Storm prevents Earthshaker escaping from Blink Dagger. Additional: * Static Link drains Earthshaker's bonus damage from Enchant Totem until he purchases an Aghanim's Scepter or Force Staff to break it. * Eye of the Storm and Plasma Field can disable Earthshaker's Blink Dagger, preventing him from initiating or re-initiating.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.