* Life Break along with Burning Spear can quickly kill Razor before Static Link steals enough damage for Razor to take down Huskar. * Berserker's Blood can make stealing Huskar's damage and using it against him somewhat dangerous, as Huskar will be able to inflict more and more Burning Spears rapidly.
* Ember Spirit does minimal damage to Huskar until the very late game.
* Outworld Destroyer doesn't care if Razor steals his damage because he does most of his damage through Arcane Orb. * Astral Imprisonment can prevent Razor from using the stolen damage from Static Link or chasing with Eye of the Storm. * Sanity's Eclipse will do a ton of damage to Razor due to his low mana pool.
* The pure damage provided by Arcane Orb is a great addition for killing Ember Spirit. * Astral Imprisonment fully negates all magic damage of Flame Guard and Searing Chains and will temporarily save himself from Sleight of Fist's physical damage, and Ember Spirit is not a hero that can counter these skills.
* Fortune's End can catch out or impair position-based heroes with low mobility, such as Sniper or Razor.
* Oracle can shut down both of Ember's early game abilities. Fortune's End can dispel Flame Guard on Ember Spirit and Searing Chains on allies. * When Ember Spirit is affected by Fortune's End, his Fire Remnants move at 0 movement speed. * Disarming him with Fate's Edict does affect Ember's Sleight of Fist ability, possibly making him useless for a few seconds in the late game without a dispel or spell immunity. This is especially good if he has a rapier or two. However, positioning for this is difficult when Ember plays far back.
* Blink can instantly break Static Link, making it useless against her. * Queen of Pain doesn't fully rely on her physical attack damage, so she can still fight after being hit with Static Link.
* Queen of Pain can be a good hero for dealing with Ember Spirit with Orchid Malevolence, her pure damage nuke in Sonic Wave and a slow in Shadow Strike. However, Queen of Pain can be punished by Ember Spirit, as his Searing Chains prevents her from getting Blink off.
* Blink can easily break Static Link and Counterspell reflects Static Link on Razor.
* Anti-mage is potentially good against Ember Spirit since he can burn Ember Spirit's mana, prevent him from escaping or using his skill. Anti-Mage has high magic resistance, which will reduce most of the damage from Ember Spirit's skill set. However, Anti-Mage lacks any form of stuns or lockdowns, and may struggle to kill Ember Spirit if he still has some mana left.
* Time Walk can break Static Link very quickly, preventing Razor from building up to attack damage.
* Faceless Void is one of the best heroes against Ember Spirit, providing a lot of ways of dealing with him. Ember Spirit becomes a lot weaker if affected by Time Dilation, as he can no longer spam Sleight of Fist. * Chronosphere is also a reliable lockdown for Ember Spirit, although it can be evaded sometimes by Activate Fire Remnant. Additionally, Void can easily negate Sleight of Fist damage with Time Walk. * And finally, Void is a great Diffusal Blade carrier. Not only Manabreak's physical damage not negated by Flame Guard, but it also burns Ember Spirit's mana. That, in turn, prevents him from escaping if he survived Chronosphere.
* Heroes who can proc their respective passives while inside Chronosphere can still be a problem for Darkterror: Axe, Abaddon, Razor...
* The pure damage provided by Purification is a great addition for killing Ember Spirit, as well as a good way of saving teammates. * Guardian Angel will temporarily save his allies from Sleight of Fist's physical damage, and Ember Spirit is not a hero that will get Orchid Malevolence to counter it.
* Ember Spirit's Flame Guard provides no protection against Clinkz's physical damage output. * Ember Spirit's low armor and health make him easy to kill quickly if a teammate can hold him down. * If Clinkz has farmed an item that can disable, he can sneak up to and hunt down Ember Spirit while he farms or split pushes alone.
* Viper's Poison Attack and Viper Strike that can slow Razor, and is one of the few heroes that can keep him immobile. * Altogether, Viper's skills reduce Razor's attack speed, heavily reducing the benefit of the damage drain from Static Link. Additional: * Storm Surge is counteracted by Nethertoxin, leaving Razor without faster MS. * Static Link's damage drain doesn't bother Viper a lot as most of his early to mid game damage is magical.
* Necrophos usually doesn't build itmes that give attack damage, minimalizing effects of Static Link. * He can use Ghost Shroud to prevent Razor from attacking him with the stolen damage from Static Link. * Razor is somewhat vulnerable to magical damage, and Reaper's Scythe prevents him from escaping with his high movement speed when things get dangerous.
* Global Silence and Last Word can prevent Ember Spirit from casting Activate Fire Remnant to escape. * Glaives of Wisdom also provide high pure damage that is not negated by Flame Guard. * Arcane Curse is also a potent harassing tool in the laneing stage as its cooldown is lower than Flame Guard's.
* Shukuchi can break Static Link with little trouble. * Time Lapse can easily be used to avoid damage from Plasma Field and can recover the damage done from Static Link and Eye of the Storm. * Eye of the Storm can't kill bugs from The Swarm.
* Pounce can easily break Static Link, making it less powerful against him. * Slark is one of the few heroes who can man fight a Razor, because of Essence Shift. * Shadow Dance can prevent Razor from killing him and may provide an opportunity to kill Razor due to it preventing Razor from attacking Slark.
* Morphling can break Static Link with Waveform. Alternatively, Morphling can Morph into Razor and use the same ability against him. * Morphling's high armor makes Eye Of The Storm mostly ineffective, enabling Morphling to fight Razor for longer. * Razor has no disables, enabling Morphling to avoid his abilities as needed. Additional: * Static Link is almost completely useless against Morphling, as he is able to quickly break it off with Waveform or turn into Razor himself with Morph and recover all of his stolen damage, or simply steal Razor's own.
* Any hero with teleport abilities (e.g. Ember Spirit, Storm Spirit) can easily break Static Link.
Additional: * Ball Lightning breaks Static Link. * Razor has no way to catch a slippery Storm Spirit.
* Storm Spirit is not only a potent Orchid Malevolence carrier, his Electric Vortex provides an additional disable and Overload provides a great slow. When paired with Static Remnant, they can cut through Flame Guard fast. * Ball Lightning not only provides great initiation upon Ember Spirit from any position anytime, but also helps dodge Sleight of Fist.
* Flame Guard absorbs up to 500 magical damage (700 with Level 10 talents), which helps Ember Spirit survive against Storm Spirit's high magical damage. * Searing Chains can root enemies up to 3 seconds, making Storm Spirit unable to escape with Ball Lightning. * Fire Remnant deals high magical damage when casting multiple instances at once, granting Ember Spirit the damage to burst Storm Spirit down in the early to mid game.
* High priority targets like Queen of Pain, Drow Ranger, Ember Spirit can't get caught out from Lion's long range disables, making it harder to them fulfill their roles, and making it easy to target them.
Additional: * Lion possesses two strong disables in Earth Spike and Hex and heavy magic burst with Finger of Death which help lock him down and prevent him from escaping with Activate Fire Remnant. When getting his Blink Dagger Lion can punish Ember Spirit's overextension immediately, or initiate a fight on him with disables.
* Razor has no way to deal with Chaos Knight's multiple illusions from Phantasm.
* Heroes with strong area damage to destroy Phantasm illusions: Axe, Ember Spirit, Legion Commander, Phoenix
Additional: * Ember Spirit is evasive and can dodge close encounters with melee heroes like Chaos Knight. Ember Spirit can't be caught with the slow from Reality Rift, and Flame Guard and Sleight of Fist can bring Phantasm's illusions down quickly.
* Spiked Carapace can be easily triggered by Flame Guard or Battle Fury, setting up a deadly Impale. Additional: * With Vendetta, Nyx Assassin can move closely to Ember Spirit when he's farming with his Flame Guard and use Spiked Carapace with Impale to provide a reliable and long disable.
* Heroes who rely on damage over time as Spiked Carapace can block and reflect only one instance of damage: Venomancer, Huskar, Ember Spirit, Dark Seer, Sand King, Doom, Dawnbreaker. However, this also means they are easily stunned.
* Plasma Field and Eye of the Storm can help Razor clear waves of Terrorblade's illusions. * Static Link can significantly weakens Terrorblade's damage, even during Metamorphosis, making Terrorblade's attacks tickle while strengthening Razor's attack damage. Terrorblade also lacks escape mechanisms, making Terrorblade a good target for Static Link and forcing Terrorblade to buy Linken's Sphere. * Storm Surge makes it difficult for Terrorblade to catch Razor, and when upgraded with Aghanim's Shard, it can also deal damage to Terrorblade and his illusions. * Eye of the Storm can rapidly weaken Terrorblade's armor, which combined with Terrorblade's low health and strength gain can almost completely discourage Terrorblade from even being present in teamfights. * Static Link and Eye of the Storm cannot be dispelled neither with Manta Style nor blocked by Black King Bar, which can put Terrorblade in a big disadvantage against Razor. * However, Razor's lack of disables makes it difficult for him to burst down Terrorblade before he can use Sunder unless Razor has either Black King Bar or Linken's Sphere to protect himself against it. Additional: * Plasma Field and Eye of the Storm can help Razor clear waves of Terrorblade's illusions. * Static Link significantly weakens Terrorblade's damage, even during Metamorphosis, making Terrorblade's attacks tickle while strengthening Razor's attack damage. Terrorblade also lacks escape mechanisms, making Terrorblade a good target for Static Link and forcing Terrorblade to buy Linken's Sphere. * Storm Surge makes it difficult for Terrorblade to catch Razor, and when upgraded with Aghanim's Shard, it can also deal damage to Terrorblade and his illusions. * Eye of the Storm can rapidly weaken Terrorblade's armor, which combined with Terrorblade's low health and strength gain can almost completely discourage Terrorblade from even being present in teamfights. * Static Link and Eye of the Storm cannot be dispelled neither with Manta Style nor blocked by Black King Bar, which can put Terrorblade in a big disadvantage against Razor. * However, Razor's lack of disables can make it difficult for him to burst down Terrorblade before he can use Sunder unless Razor has either Black King Bar or Linken's Sphere to protect himself against it.
* Ember Spirit can deal devastating damage to illusion heroes like Terrorblade with Sleight of Fist. Terrorblade also has no way of preventing Ember Spirit from getting Activate Fire Remnant off. Additionally, Ember Spirit's ability to fight from long range as well as his wide skill set won't give many opportunities for Terrorblade to get Sunder off. Additional: * Ember Spirit can deal devastating damage to Terrorblade and his illusions with Sleight of Fist. * Terrorblade has no disable to lock down Ember Spirit and prevent him from escaping with Fire Remnant. In addition, he doesn't like purchasing disabling items like Scythe of Vyse or Abyssal Blade, which are the only solutions to deal with Ember Spirit.
* Static Link can lower the damage output from Focus Fire. * Eye of the Storm strikes cannot miss, even if Windrun is active. Additional: * Static Link greatly lowers Windranger's damage output from Focus Fire. * Eye of the Storm strikes cannot miss, even if Windrun is active.
* The high mobility provided by Fire Remnant makes it hard for Windranger to find a good position to land Shackleshot or a full duration of Focus Fire. * Flame Guard and Searing Chains deal considerable magical damage to Windranger which she cannot avoid with Windrun. * Searing chains also negates the mobility from Windrun.
* Nether Strike can't remove Static Link and reduces Spirit Breaker's physical damage output. * Eye of the Storm melts Spirit Breaker's armor, and makes him much less tanky. Additional: * Static Link drains damage bonus from Greater Bash, it cannot be removed by Nether Strike. * Eye of the Storm melts Spirit Breaker's armor, and makes him much less tanky.
* Searing Chains can stop Charge of Darkness if timed correctly. * Activate Fire Remnant can be used to escape an approaching Spirit Breaker, or lead Spirit Breaker into a bad situation. * Activate Fire Remnant and Sleight of Fist allows Ember Spirit to dodge Charge of Darkness if timed correctly.
* Alchemist's reliance on fast attack speed to do single-target damage makes him vulnerable to Static Link. It also goes through Black King Bar, which is a standard item on Alchemist. * Eye of the Storm is great against high health strength heroes as it reduces their survivability to physical damage. * Razor has early lane push to counter Acid Spray.
* Ember's magic damage build is able to burst down Alchemist due to his low strength gain and Alchemist's normal item pick up.
* Plasma Field can destroy Phantom Lancer's illusions or damage them heavily. * Static Link cannot be broken even with Doppelganger, serving as a marker for the real Phantom Lancer. * Storm Surge gives Razor's high mobility to chase down Phantom Lancer making Spirit Lance and Diffusal Blade slow useless. * Eye of the Storm along with Aghanim's Scepter can quickly reduce Phantom Lancer's armor. Additional: * Plasma Field and Eye of the Storm clears most of Phantom Lancer's illusions. * Static Link is not dispelled by Doppelganger or Manta Style which can be used to mark the real Phantom Lancer while also draining his base damage. * Razor's high mobility with Storm Surge makes it hard for Phantom Lancer to chase down with Phantom Rush. When upgraded with Aghanim's Shard, it makes a quick work of his illusions.
* Sleight of Fist, allows Ember Spirit to destroy all of Phantom Lancer's illusions. * Flame Guard also deals significant damage to illusions, and protects against Spirit Lance. * Phantom Rush is unable to catch Ember Spirit when he teleports to his Fire Remnants. Additional: * Sleight of Fist is the natural counter to Phantom Lancer's army of illusions, especially when combined with Battle Fury.
* Templar Assassin's Refraction will easily be removed by Eye of the Storm, and Static Link reveals Templar Assassin hiding with Meld and drain the bonus damage from Refraction.
Additional: * Razor's Eye of the Storm damage-over-time easily wear off Refraction charges, allowing Templar Assassin to be damaged. * Static Link empties Templar Assassin's damage output even with the bonus from Refraction, and will keep doing that even if the Razor cannot see her during Meld. * Plasma Field can easily strike her during Meld.
* Searing Chains and Flame Guard quickly burn through Refraction instances exposing her low health pool. * Templar Assassin has no inherent way to prevent Ember Spirit from escaping, a good Ember player also will be able to dodge her meld attack
* Razor's Plasma Field and the passive from Eye of the Storm can damage and clear Chen's creeps. * Chen has no escape mechanisms, making him easy prey for Static Link. * Eye of the Storm will rapidly strike Chen's creeps around Razor.
* Heroes that can easily bypass Chen's creeps to get to Chen: Riki, Tusk, Clinkz, Sniper, Slark, Phantom Assassin, Void Spirit, Storm Spirit, Ember Spirit, Earth Spirit, Spirit Breaker.
* Heroes that reduce the damage that Marci can deal during her ultimate, like Razor, Rubick, Bane, Dragon Knight and Underlord.
* Heroes that can reliably kite out Dispose, Unleash and dodge Rebound, like Ember Spirit, Void Spirit, Storm Spirit, Anti-Mage, Faceless Void, Puck or always build items like Blink Dagger and Force Staff.
* Crystal Maiden is extremely fragile and she's an easy target for him. She has no real disables that can lock Ember Spirit down, and all of her skill damage can be negated with Flame Guard. The damage from Searing Chains, Flame Guard, and Sleigh of Fist can easily take her down.
* Static Link can steal the bonus damage from Jingu Mastery and reduce the physical damage from Boundless Strike. It also reduces Wukong's Command's damage if it's used after stealing damage via Static Link. * Static Link will give Razor shared vision on Monkey King if he tries to escape using Tree Dance or Mischief. * Plasma Field can prevent Monkey King from using Tree Dance and Mischief. * Eye of the Storm will remove the armor buff from Wukong's Command, as well as hitting Monkey King during Mischief.
* With Static Link, Razor can effectively make Medusa useless in teamfights by reducing her main damage output. It can, however, be blocked by a Linken's Sphere. * Plasma Field allows Razor to get on top of Medusa, slowing her already slow movement speed to a mere crawl. * Eye of the Storm capitilizes on Medusa's low armor and causes her to be very vulnerable, even through Mana Shield.
* Plasma Field can slow Magnus during Skewer, and when combined with Eye of the Storm, will potentially disable his Blink Dagger, preventing him from initiating. * Static Link drains the bonus damage from Empower. However, it can be broken by Skewer and/or Force Staff. * Storm Surge gives Razor and his allies high mobility needed to avoid Shockwave & Reverse Polarity.
* Ember Spirit has much higher mobility in Fire Remnant than Void Spirit. * Ember's Flame Guard is effective against Void Spirit's spells, as most of them deal magical damage. * The root from Searing Chains prevents Void Spirit from using Dissimilate or Astral Step.
* Plasma Field can spot an Ursa sneaking into Roshan's pit * Static Link has a 800 link break distance, meaning Razor can stay close enough to drain Ursa' damage, but not too close to get attacked * Static Link cannot be dispelled by Enrage * With Storm Surge, Razor will usually be faster than Ursa in most cases * Eye of the Storm melts through Ursa's armor
* Eye of the Storm melts Bristleback's armor, and makes him much less tanky. * Static Link can completely drain Bristleback's bonus damage from Warpath. Additional: * Eye of the Storm melts Bristleback's armor, and makes him much less tanky. * Static Link can completely drain Bristleback's bonus damage from Warpath. * Storm Surge allows Razor to outdistance Bristleback, even with a few stacks of Viscous Nasal Goo on him. Also, if Razor has his Shard, it will deal full damage to Bristleback every time he uses Viscous Nasal Goo (as Bristleback will face him to cast it).
* Disruption is not reliable enough to catch an Ember Spirit with a backup Fire Remnant. * Sleight of Fist will also make quick work of the spawned illusions. * The best you can do against an Ember Spirit is to dispel his Flame Guard with your Demonic Purge.
* Static Link cannot be dispelled by Rage or Infest, so Razor will be able to track Lifestealer down during an attempted escape. * Storm Surge makes it hard for Lifestealer to catch Razor. * Static Link can stop Open Wounds from getting any additional lifesteal, but keep in mind Lifestealer can still utilize Feast. * Eye of the Storm penetrates the spell immunity of Rage. Additional: * Razor's highly mobile nature allows him to control Lifestealer from a distance. As well, Lifestealer is already slow in comparison due to his lack of disables and move speed. Lifestealer is also an ideal target for Static Link, for its ability to pierce magic immunity and damage steal, which can render Lifestealer's Feast useless. * Plasma Field can slow Lifestealer from a distance and force him to cast Rage too early. * Eye of the Storm pierces magic immunity, deals physical damage, and reduces armor, allowing Razor to easily stand up to Lifestealer.
* Static Link greatly reduces Underlord damage, while benefits Razor himself, even when in Atrophy Aura's range. * Underlord is a slow and low mobility hero, and cannot outrun Razor's high movement speed, easily for Razor to absorb his damage with Static Link to the maximum and burst him down from the bonus damages, combine with the armor reduction from Eye of the Storm .
* Flame Guard blocks Dark Willow's magical burst damage, and harms her if she tries to get close to attack with Bedlam. * Sleight of Fist and Fire Remnant makes it hard for Dark Willow to fully disable Ember Spirit.
* Static Link drains Legion Commander's accumulated damage, effectively neutralizing her overall primary advantage, and prevents her from winning Duels. * Storm Surge's movement speed buff makes Razor and his allies harder to catch and initiate. * Eye of the Storm, if used beforehand, will always hit Legion Commander during Duels, due to her forced proximity. This drastically lowers her survivability during Duel.
* A pre-placed Fire Remnant allows Ember Spirit to escape Upheaval. * Flame Guard blocks Shadow Word's damage. * Sleight of Fist allows Ember Spirit to attack from outside of Upheaval's range, and Searing Chains lets him interrupt it.
* Static Link drains away Riki's damage while keeping his location revealed for its duration, allowing his team to accurately land detection or area-of-effect skills. * Storm Surge procs on invisible heroes, making him aware of Riki's presence near him.
* Static Link drains the damage bonus from Enchant Totem, until he purchase Aghanim's Scepter or Force Staff to break it. * Storm Surge with Razor's high mobility items can easily avoid all of Earthshaker abilities. * Plasma Field & Eye of the Storm prevents Earthshaker escaping from Blink Dagger. Additional: * Static Link drains Earthshaker's bonus damage from Enchant Totem until he purchases an Aghanim's Scepter or Force Staff to break it. * Eye of the Storm and Plasma Field can disable Earthshaker's Blink Dagger, preventing him from initiating or re-initiating.
* Static Link is effective against Troll Warlord, as he mainly relies on attack speed more so than damage. * Static Link is even more effective if Troll Warlord used Battle Trance, as he has no way to break the link. Additional: * Static Link can drain most or all of Troll Warlord's damage, making him useless in a teamfight or unable to last hit in lane. This is especially effective during Battle Trance, because Troll has no option to cancel the link. * Storm Surge allows Razor to chase after or run away from Troll Warlord while doing damage with Eye of the Storm.
* Static Link can lower the damage output from Coup de Grace procs, hindering Phantom Assassin's main source of damage. * Eye of the Storm strikes cannot be evaded by Blur. * Both Static Link and Eye of the Storm pierces spell immunity, as Phantom Assassin is often reliant on Black King Bar. Additional: * Static Link can lower the damage output from Coup de Grace procs, hindering Phantom Assassin's main source of damage. And Phantom Assassin is not a common Linken's Sphere wielder to counter this problem. * Eye of the Storm strikes cannot be evaded by Blur. * Both Static Link and Eye of the Storm pierces spell immunity, as Phantom Assassin is often reliant on Black King Bar.
* Sleight of Fist keeps Ember Spirit invulnerable until he hits every unit in its area of effect allowing him to stall for large amounts of time against Broodmother and her large amounts of spiderlings, or potentially damaging them enough if equipped with an item to improve wave clearing such as Battle Fury or Maelstrom to prevent her pushes entirely. * Flame Guard will damage any of Broodmother's spiders in an area, deterring her from attempting to kill him. It can also be used during Sleight of Fist to amplify damage done. * Fire Remnant allows Ember Spirit an escape from Broodmother that is unaffected by her Incapacitating Bite.
* Sleight of Fist with Battle Fury deals a lot of damage to Nature's Prophet's team if they stand close to his Treants, as well as killing all the Treants with ease. * Ember Spirit with Fire Remnant and Boots of Travel can be very active around the map, which enables him to quickly teleport and defend the objective Nature's Prophet is attacking whenever he tries to push. Additional: * Ember Spirit can easily deal with Nature's Call by using his Flame Guard and with Battle Fury. He also has multiple ways of escaping Sprout. Additionally, Ember Spirit can break Sprout's trees with Activate Fire Remnant and interrupt Teleportation with Searing Chains.
* Certain Hero's potential lies on the combo of their abilities. As an example, Ember Spirit can cast Sleight of Fist and Searing Chains together to root and damage enemies from a far distance. Yet for Rubick, casting Searing Chains can only catch enemies at a close distance, and Sleight of Fist does little more than a scratch of right click. * It is arguably possible to group spells together after getting Aghanim's Scepter, but stealing two separate spells from one single enemy is somewhat luxurious in an intense fight.
* Heroes who relies on high armor such as Dragon Knight, Tidehunter, and Pudge can be melted by Eye of the Storm.
Additional: * Static Link saps Dragon Knight of his already low base damage, making him even more useless in a fight if he gets kited. * Storm Surge makes Razor much faster than Dragon Knight, and hard to catch. * Eye of the Storm melts Dragon Knight's armor and bypasses Black King Bar, his core item.
* Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Heroes that can dodge Glimpse: * Puck with Phase Shift * Riki with Tricks of the Trade * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Ember Spirit with Sleight of Fist and Activate Fire Remnant * Chaos Knight with Phantasm * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Tusk with Snowball * Juggernaut with Omnislash * Brewmaster with Primal Split * Lifestealer with Infest * Phoenix with Supernova
* Heroes who relies on high armor such as Dragon Knight, Tidehunter, and Pudge can be melted by Eye of the Storm.
Additional: * Kraken Shell's dispel does not restore damage stolen by Static Link, and the stolen damage easily offsets Anchor Smash's damage reduction. Razor can keep attacking Tidehunter from afar, denying his chance to use Anchor Smash. * Eye of the Storm melts Tidehunter's armor and makes him much less tanky. * Razor can chase Tidehunter by himself without relying on actual crowd control ability, so the strong dispel from Kraken Shell is less useful.
* Heroes with considerable mobility can easily escape from a rolling Pangolier: Anti-Mage, Queen of Pain, Void Spirit, Storm Spirit, Ember Spirit, Earth Spirit, moreover, if a player is familiar with how Rolling Thunder works, they can adjust their movement to avoid it entirely and of course outplay the Pangolier player.
* Heroes who rely on abilities to deal damage (e.g. Timbersaw, Tinker) can fight a Razor even after Static Link.
Additional: * Razor deals mostly physical damage towards the later game, and Timbersaw is also very mobile, making him a difficult kill to earn. * Timbersaw rarely resorts to attacks, thus does not suffer when his damage is stolen with Static Link.
* Searing Chains prevents usage of Timber Chain. * Timbersaw is vulnerable to magical burst damage, which Ember Spirit provides with Fire Remnant and Flame Guard. * Timbersaw's abilities deal pure damage, thus they cannot remove Flame Guard.
* Heroes with high mobility can be prevented from using it to their advantage with Earthbind, even if they pack a dangerous arsenal: Earth Spirit, Ember Spirit, Storm Spirit, Nature's Prophet, Phantom Assassin, Riki, Anti-Mage, Weaver. * See items and abilities disabled by roots
* Sleight of Fist boosted by Battle Fury and Daedalus makes quick work of Meepo if clones are crowded around each other. * Searing Chains interrupts Meepo's initiating because Meepo's clones do not have spell immunity. Additional: * Meepo is quite fragile in the early game and can be easily taken down by Flame Guard's and Searing Chains' damage. Later on, Meepo is very vulnerable to Sleight of Fist's damage due to Battle Fury's cleave on multiple Meepos.
* Impetus will deal huge amounts of damage when he uses a Fire Remnant to escape. * Flame Guard is useless against Impetus as it deals Pure damage. * Enchant can be used to dispel Flame Guard.
* Static Link 's damage instants fully ignore Untouchable, combine with Eye of the storm and high movement speed compare to Enchantress with no mobility, Razor can easily take away her squishy health pool.
* His increased attack range makes it very hard to get close enough for Static Link, Eye of the Storm and Razor's own attacks. * Headshot procs will slow Razor heavily regardless of Storm Surge, as it will knock him back for a brief duration.
* Ember Spirit can close the distance between Sniper easily with his Activate Fire Remnant and further keep Sniper in place with Searing Chains. * With the help of Aghanim's Scepter, Sniper cannot outrun Ember Spirit or chase him, even if Sniper builds mobility items.
* Shadowraze can easily remove the protection from Flame Guard and kill Ember Spirit due to his low health. * Ember Spirit is very vulnerable to physical damage from Necromastery.
* Static Link can steal Shadow Fiend's high physical damage output from Necromastery, lowering his damage output, and Static Link cannot be prevented by Black King Bar. * Plasma Field and Eye of the Storm can melt down Shadow Fiend easily, due to his low health.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.