* Blink can easily break Static Link and Counterspell reflects Static Link on Razor.
* Both Gush and Ravage do little damage against Counterspell. * Blink helps Anti-Mage escape through Anchor Smash. * Tidehunter's small mana pool can be eated by Mana Break, preventing to spam his abilities and ignores the protection from Kraken Shell. Additional: * Mana Break quickly burns Tidehunter's mana pool, preventing him from spamming his abilities, and Kraken Shell does not mitigate the bonus damage component. * Blink allows Anti-Mage to enter combat quickly and safely after Ravage.
* Necrophos usually doesn't build itmes that give attack damage, minimalizing effects of Static Link. * He can use Ghost Shroud to prevent Razor from attacking him with the stolen damage from Static Link. * Razor is somewhat vulnerable to magical damage, and Reaper's Scythe prevents him from escaping with his high movement speed when things get dangerous.
* No matter how Tidehunter builds tanky items such as (Guardian Greaves, Crimson Guard or Pipe of Insight), all it needs is for him to fall below a certain percentage of health for him to fall to Reaper's Scythe.
* Outworld Destroyer doesn't care if Razor steals his damage because he does most of his damage through Arcane Orb. * Astral Imprisonment can prevent Razor from using the stolen damage from Static Link or chasing with Eye of the Storm. * Sanity's Eclipse will do a ton of damage to Razor due to his low mana pool.
* Kraken Shell's dispel does not restore mana lost through Astral Imprisonment, and the stolen mana can really hurt Tidehunter's ability to initiate * Arcane Orb high pure damage ignores Tidehunter's Armor, and is barely affected by his Kraken Shell's damage block * It is also completely unaffected by Anchor Smash, due to it relying on Outworlds Mana pool * Sanity's Eclipse is effective on Tidehunter's poor mana pool, While it is reduced by Kraken Shell, the damage reduction is negligible.
* Viper's Poison Attack and Viper Strike that can slow Razor, and is one of the few heroes that can keep him immobile. * Altogether, Viper's skills reduce Razor's attack speed, heavily reducing the benefit of the damage drain from Static Link. Additional: * Storm Surge is counteracted by Nethertoxin, leaving Razor without faster MS. * Static Link's damage drain doesn't bother Viper a lot as most of his early to mid game damage is magical.
* Nethertoxin cancels out Kraken Shell and stops the hard dispel from passively activating, preventing Tidehunter from functioning as a frontline tank. * Anchor Smash is mostly irrelevant against a ranged hero. * Tidehunter relies on the threat of Ravage, which has an obscenely long cooldown. Viper can exploit the downtime with his short cooldowns.
* Pounce can easily break Static Link, making it less powerful against him. * Slark is one of the few heroes who can man fight a Razor, because of Essence Shift. * Shadow Dance can prevent Razor from killing him and may provide an opportunity to kill Razor due to it preventing Razor from attacking Slark.
* Dark Pact dispels debuffs from Gush, Anchor Smash and even Ravage if timed correctly. * Kraken Shell cannot restore attributes stolen by Essence Shift or dispel the leash if he gets Pounced.
* His increased attack range makes it very hard to get close enough for Static Link, Eye of the Storm and Razor's own attacks. * Headshot procs will slow Razor heavily regardless of Storm Surge, as it will knock him back for a brief duration.
* Melee heroes who may struggle to get close to Sniper: Wraith King, Kunkka, Doom, Tidehunter, Underlord, Troll Warlord, and etc.
* Life Break along with Burning Spear can quickly kill Razor before Static Link steals enough damage for Razor to take down Huskar. * Berserker's Blood can make stealing Huskar's damage and using it against him somewhat dangerous, as Huskar will be able to inflict more and more Burning Spears rapidly.
* Ravage's travel time allows Nyx Assassin to easily stun Tidehunter with Spiked Carapace. * Vendetta can instantly deplete Tidehunter's low mana pool, especially in the early game, potentially preventing Tidehunter from casting Ravage.
* Shukuchi can break Static Link with little trouble. * Time Lapse can easily be used to avoid damage from Plasma Field and can recover the damage done from Static Link and Eye of the Storm. * Eye of the Storm can't kill bugs from The Swarm.
* Kraken Shell neither dispels nor provides damage reduction against Spirit Siphon. This ability also drains health based on percentage damage, making Tidehunter's large healthpool a very appealing target. Furthermore, the health gained from the Siphon is independent from the amount of damage dealt, so Death Prophet will always heal a large amount of from Tidehunter's pool even if Tidehunter has magic reduction items or abilities on him, which makes her an untargetable enemy for you as this easily outweights any damage output you can provide. * Exorcism is yet another ability from which Kraken Shell provides no useful protection, as the spirits completely ignore the damage block and are unaffected by the dispel. This ability also creates an unfriendly area where your blink will be constantly cancelled, reducing your ability to land a good Ravage. * Ravage does not stop neither Spirit Siphon nor Exorcism, making the ability mostly ineffective against her. Additionally, Death Prophet usually builds Eul's Scepter of Divinity, which can be used to dodge the stun entirely.
* In the mid-game, Tidehunter relies on Kraken Shell to stay alive and get his Ravage off. Apart from Thunder Strike, none of Disruptor's abilities can be dispelled, so it's rather easy to trap him inside Kinetic Field and Static Storm. * Be mindful, however, that Kraken Shell still makes Tidehunter very tanky, so be sure that you can kill him with your combo or your partners while he is silenced and trapped.
* Morphling can break Static Link with Waveform. Alternatively, Morphling can Morph into Razor and use the same ability against him. * Morphling's high armor makes Eye Of The Storm mostly ineffective, enabling Morphling to fight Razor for longer. * Razor has no disables, enabling Morphling to avoid his abilities as needed. Additional: * Static Link is almost completely useless against Morphling, as he is able to quickly break it off with Waveform or turn into Razor himself with Morph and recover all of his stolen damage, or simply steal Razor's own.
* Infernal Blade deals scaling damage and is useful against high HP targets such as Tidehunter. * Doom prevents Tidehunter from casting his Gush, Anchor Smash and Ravage, making him useless in team fights. * If Doom gets an Aghanim's Scepter, he can also disable Kraken Shell, reducing his survivability.
* Heroes with strong team-fight abilities (especially ultimates) like Tidehunter, Brewmaster, Death Prophet, etc.
Additional: * Fade Bolt reduces damage output of Anchor Smash. * Ravage is an easy target to Spell Steal, so always be sure to use Anchor Smash immediately after Ravage when playing against a Rubick. * Spells stolen by Rubick are potentially stronger due to the lack of cast animations, his talents, and his passive, Arcane Supremacy.
* Heroes who rely on abilities to deal damage (e.g. Timbersaw, Tinker) can fight a Razor even after Static Link.
Additional: * Razor deals mostly physical damage towards the later game, and Timbersaw is also very mobile, making him a difficult kill to earn. * Timbersaw rarely resorts to attacks, thus does not suffer when his damage is stolen with Static Link.
* Luna often builds Black King Bar, and none of Tidehunter's spells can bypass spell immunity. * Though Anchor Smash can weaken Luna's physical damage, it does not weaken her magical damage, which means that Lucent Beam and Eclipse deal a lot of magic damage in the early and mid-game, which can bypass Tidehunter's Kraken Shell. Additional: * Luna often builds Black King Bar, and none of Tidehunter's spells can bypass spell immunity. * Though Anchor Smash can weaken Luna's physical damage, it does not weaken her magical damage, which means that Lucent Beam and Eclipse deal a lot of magic damage in the early and mid-game, which can bypass Tidehunter's Kraken Shell.
* Heroes that rely on base damage: Luna, Phantom Lancer are easily countered with Anchor Smash.
* Kraken Shell provides no protection against Omnislash or Swiftslash. * If timed correctly, Omnislash, Swiftslash and Blade Fury are all capable of dodging Ravage, giving Juggernaut several tools to render your strongest ability moot. * Blade Fury is an effective way to harass Tidehunter in the laning stage as Tidehunter has no means of getting Juggernaut away from him. Healing Ward also greatly minimizes Tidehunter's ability to harass Juggernaut. * Blade Dance minimizes the effectiveness of Anchor Smash's damage reduction.
* Heroes that rely on right-clicks will find themselves unable to damage opponents seriously after being affected by Static Link, like Sven, Bloodseeker, and Juggernaut.
* Static Link can lower the damage output from Focus Fire. * Eye of the Storm strikes cannot miss, even if Windrun is active. Additional: * Static Link greatly lowers Windranger's damage output from Focus Fire. * Eye of the Storm strikes cannot miss, even if Windrun is active.
* Kraken Shell easily dispels the lengthy stun from Shackleshot. * Kraken Shell (and possibly Anchor Smash) blocks huge amount of damage from Focus Fire. * Anchor Smash is one of the few sources of True Strike, which means Tidehunter can deal significant damage through Windrun, while also reducing Windranger's damage output. Additional: * Kraken Shell will easily instanly dispell after Shackleshot. * Ravage save an ally from Focus Fire. * Since his get Aghanim's Shard Dead in the Water leash lock Windranger's can not escaping Windrun
* Static Link can steal Shadow Fiend's high physical damage output from Necromastery, lowering his damage output, and Static Link cannot be prevented by Black King Bar. * Plasma Field and Eye of the Storm can melt down Shadow Fiend easily, due to his low health.
* Kraken Shell dispels both Shadowraze's damage amplification stacks and Requiem of Soul's damage reduction (provided Tidehunter has taken enough damage). * Ravage cancels Requiem of Souls if Shadow Fiend isn't protected by Black King Bar. Additional: * Kraken Shell dispels the damage amplification stacks of Shadowraze as well as the damage reduction from Requiem of Souls (provided he has taken enough damage). * Anchor Smash reduces Shadow Fiend's large attack damage, Kraken Shell makes Tidehunter the last target Shadow Fiend wants to attack. * Ravage can easily cancel Requiem of Souls if Shadow Fiend isn't protected by Black King Bar.
* Plasma Field can destroy Phantom Lancer's illusions or damage them heavily. * Static Link cannot be broken even with Doppelganger, serving as a marker for the real Phantom Lancer. * Storm Surge gives Razor's high mobility to chase down Phantom Lancer making Spirit Lance and Diffusal Blade slow useless. * Eye of the Storm along with Aghanim's Scepter can quickly reduce Phantom Lancer's armor. Additional: * Plasma Field and Eye of the Storm clears most of Phantom Lancer's illusions. * Static Link is not dispelled by Doppelganger or Manta Style which can be used to mark the real Phantom Lancer while also draining his base damage. * Razor's high mobility with Storm Surge makes it hard for Phantom Lancer to chase down with Phantom Rush. When upgraded with Aghanim's Shard, it makes a quick work of his illusions.
* Kraken Shell and Anchor Smash makes it very difficult for Phantom Lancer's illusions to damage to Tidehunter. * Ravage will stun the real Phantom Lancer while clearing most of his illusions. * Anchor Smash reduces base damage, which is the majority of Phantom Lancer's auto-attack damage. * An Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Gush slows down and reduces all of Phantom Lancer's illusions. Additional: * A dozen of Phantom Lancer's illusions with all their might can barely hurt Tidehunter at all thanks to Kraken Shell and Anchor Smash. The only way Phantom Lancer can hurt Tidehunter is through the mana burn provided by Diffusal Blade. * Even with high chasing power from Spirit Lance and Phantom Rush (and even Diffusal Blade), Tide Hunter can shrug it all off with Kraken Shell and escape by using a Town Portal Scroll or just moving away. * The AoE nukes from Ravage, Anchor Smash, and an Aghanim's Scepter-upgraded Gush can clear Phantom Lancer's illusions easily.
* Static Link can lower the damage output from Coup de Grace procs, hindering Phantom Assassin's main source of damage. And Phantom Assassin is not a common Linken's Sphere wielder to counter this problem. * Eye of the Storm strikes cannot be evaded by Blur. * Both Static Link and Eye of the Storm pierces spell immunity, as Phantom Assassin is often reliant on Black King Bar. Additional: * Static Link can lower the damage output from Coup de Grace procs, hindering Phantom Assassin's main source of damage. * Eye of the Storm strikes cannot be evaded by Blur. * Both Static Link and Eye of the Storm pierces spell immunity, as Phantom Assassin is often reliant on Black King Bar.
* Heroes such as Lone Druid, Tidehunter and Viper can be very problematic for Phantom Assassin because they give her very little time to farm and become scary.
* With Static Link, Razor can effectively make Medusa useless in teamfights by reducing her main damage output. It can, however, be blocked by a Linken's Sphere. * Plasma Field allows Razor to get on top of Medusa, slowing her already slow movement speed to a mere crawl. * Eye of the Storm capitilizes on Medusa's low armor and causes her to be very vulnerable, even through Mana Shield.
* Other heroes who has armor and slow debuffs won't allow Medusa to disengage from combat: Tidehunter, Bristleback, Slardar.
* Plasma Field can slow Magnus during Skewer, and when combined with Eye of the Storm, will potentially disable his Blink Dagger, preventing him from initiating. * Static Link drains the bonus damage from Empower. However, it can be broken by Skewer and/or Force Staff. * Storm Surge gives Razor and his allies high mobility needed to avoid Shockwave & Reverse Polarity.
* Any hero who can counter-initiate in anticipation without getting caught in Reverse Polarity: Sven, Omniknight, Enigma, Luna, Naga Siren, Mars, Jakiro, Venomancer, Elder Titan, Faceless Void, Rubick, Keeper of the Light, Pugna, Invoker, Spectre, Alchemist, Treant Protector, Lina, Oracle, Zeus, Shadow Shaman, Phoenix, Razor, Huskar, Batrider, Kunkka, Tidehunter, Wraith King, Sand King, Medusa, Dawnbreaker.
* Kraken Shell can dispel Dismember after reaching a certain threshold of damage. * Tidehunter's naturally high health, strength gain, and common itemization for survivability through magic resistance makes Tidehunter a poor target.
* Nether Strike can't remove Static Link and reduces Spirit Breaker's physical damage output. * Eye of the Storm melts Spirit Breaker's armor, and makes him much less tanky. Additional: * Plasma Field can slow Spirit Breaker and reduce damage from Greater Bash. * Static Link drains damage bonus from Greater Bash, and it cannot be removed by Nether Strike. * Storm Surge will proc on Spirit Breaker every time he attacks Razor or if he uses Charge of Darkness on Razor, damaging him and alerting Razor to Spirit Breaker's incoming ganks, no matter how far Spirit Breaker is from Razor. * Eye of the Storm can rapidly reduce Spirit Breaker's armor, making him much less durable, especially in teamfights.
* Static Link drains away Riki's damage while keeping his location revealed for its duration, allowing his team to accurately land detection or area-of-effect skills. * Storm Surge procs on invisible heroes, making him aware of Riki's presence near him.
* Riki doesn't deal burst damage.Durable heroes (Axe, Tidehunter etc.) will usually survive a jump from him,move out of Smoke Screen and potentially retaliate.
* Kraken Shell can dispel Flaming Lasso. * If Batrider drags Tidehunter back towards his team, it can be setup for a well placed Ravage. Additional: * Kraken Shell is very useful against Sticky Napalm and Flamebreak, easily dispelling them regularly. * Tidehunter is probably the worst hero to target with Flaming Lasso, as Kraken Shell will remove it and Tidehunter often survives long enough to cast Ravage in the middle of Batrider's team. At the same time, if Batrider initiates on his teammate, Tidehunter will have the perfect opportunity to counter-initiate.
* Static Link 's damage instants fully ignore Untouchable, combine with Eye of the storm and high movement speed compare to Enchantress with no mobility, Razor can easily take away her squishy health pool.
* Plasma Field and Eye of the Storm can help Razor clear waves of Terrorblade's illusions. * Static Link can significantly weakens Terrorblade's damage, even during Metamorphosis, making Terrorblade's attacks tickle while strengthening Razor's attack damage. Terrorblade also lacks escape mechanisms, making Terrorblade a good target for Static Link and forcing Terrorblade to buy Linken's Sphere. * Storm Surge makes it difficult for Terrorblade to catch Razor, and when upgraded with Aghanim's Shard, it can also deal damage to Terrorblade and his illusions. * Eye of the Storm can rapidly weaken Terrorblade's armor, which combined with Terrorblade's low health and strength gain can almost completely discourage Terrorblade from even being present in teamfights. * Static Link and Eye of the Storm cannot be dispelled neither with Manta Style nor blocked by Black King Bar, which can put Terrorblade in a big disadvantage against Razor. * However, Razor's lack of disables makes it difficult for him to burst down Terrorblade before he can use Sunder unless Razor has either Black King Bar or Linken's Sphere to protect himself against it. Additional: * Plasma Field and Eye of the Storm can help Razor clear waves of Terrorblade's illusions. * Static Link significantly weakens Terrorblade's damage, even during Metamorphosis, making Terrorblade's attacks tickle while strengthening Razor's attack damage. Terrorblade also lacks escape mechanisms, making Terrorblade a good target for Static Link and forcing Terrorblade to buy Linken's Sphere. * Storm Surge makes it difficult for Terrorblade to catch Razor, and when upgraded with Aghanim's Shard, it can also deal damage to Terrorblade and his illusions. * Eye of the Storm can rapidly weaken Terrorblade's armor, which combined with Terrorblade's low health and strength gain can almost completely discourage Terrorblade from even being present in teamfights. * Static Link and Eye of the Storm cannot be dispelled neither with Manta Style nor blocked by Black King Bar, which can put Terrorblade in a big disadvantage against Razor. * However, Razor's lack of disables can make it difficult for him to burst down Terrorblade before he can use Sunder unless Razor has either Black King Bar or Linken's Sphere to protect himself against it.
* Static Link saps Dragon Knight of his already low base damage, making him even more useless in a fight if he gets kited. * Storm Surge makes Razor much faster than Dragon Knight, and hard to catch. * Eye of the Storm melts Dragon Knight's armor and bypasses Black King Bar, his core item.
* Tidehunter is a core builder of Pipe of Insight. Along with natural high health pool, it's tough to burst the Leviathan down. * Kraken Shell thwarts long disables attempts if Tidehunter receives enough damage. * Gush and Ravage long cast and reach ranges will effortlessly hit Lion, either bursting him down or making him extremely vulnerable and worn in matter of seconds.
* Static Link greatly reduces Underlord damage, while benefits Razor himself, even when in Atrophy Aura's range. * Underlord is a slow and low mobility hero, and cannot outrun Razor's high movement speed, easily for Razor to absorb his damage with Static Link to the maximum and burst him down from the bonus damages, combine with the armor reduction from Eye of the Storm .
* Tidehunter's Anchor Smash will cripple all of Enigma's Eidolons, and at a higher level, Tidehunter will be capable to instantly kill the whole group of them for a boost of gold. * Kraken Shell negates Eidolons's damage and Enigma's auto attacks, making laning against Tidehunter nearly impossible for Enigma. * Ravage has an insane radius, and considering that Enigma is prone to waiting around for a Blink Dagger and Black King Bar combo, Ravage's stun may catch Enigma off guard and put Blink Dagger on cooldown, limiting him a crucial teamfight time.
* Gush can make Crystal Maiden's already weak armor even weaker. * Kraken Shell can dispel Frostbite, preventing him from getting stuck inside Freezing Field. * Ravage is very useful for interrupting Freezing Field, even while Crystal Maiden is under the effects of Glimmer Cape. Crystal Maiden must purchase a Black King Bar, which is far more costly.
* Static Link drains Legion Commander's accumulated damage, effectively neutralizing her overall primary advantage, and prevents her from winning Duels. * Storm Surge's movement speed buff makes Razor and his allies harder to catch and initiate. * Eye of the Storm, if used beforehand, will always hit Legion Commander during Duels, due to her forced proximity. This drastically lowers her survivability during Duel.
* Alchemist's reliance on fast attack speed to do single-target damage makes him vulnerable to Static Link. It also goes through Black King Bar, which is a standard item on Alchemist. * Eye of the Storm is great against high health strength heroes as it reduces their survivability to physical damage. * Razor has early lane push to counter Acid Spray.
* Eye of the Storm melts Bristleback's armor, and makes him much less tanky. * Static Link can completely drain Bristleback's bonus damage from Warpath. * Storm Surge allows Razor to outdistance Bristleback, even with a few stacks of Viscous Nasal Goo on him. Also, if Razor has his Shard, it will deal full damage to Bristleback every time he uses Viscous Nasal Goo (as Bristleback will face him to cast it). Additional: * Eye of the Storm melts Bristleback's armor, and makes him much less tanky. * Static Link can completely drain Bristleback's bonus damage from Warpath.
* Tidehunter takes close to no damage from Undying's zombies once he maxes out his Kraken Shell, especially if he gets the level 20 Kraken Shell upgrading talent. This might allow him to blink away to safety.
* Vengeful Spirit should carefully consider whether to use her Nether Swap on Tidehunter, as it can easily position him for a Ravage on Vengeful Spirit and her allies. * Due to Magic Missile's high damage, Kraken Shell will often proc and clear Tidehunter's debuffs.
* Static Link drains the damage bonus from Enchant Totem, until he purchase Aghanim's Scepter or Force Staff to break it. * Storm Surge with Razor's high mobility items can easily avoid all of Earthshaker abilities. * Plasma Field & Eye of the Storm prevents Earthshaker escaping from Blink Dagger. Additional: * Static Link drains Earthshaker's bonus damage from Enchant Totem until he purchases an Aghanim's Scepter or Force Staff to break it. * Eye of the Storm and Plasma Field can disable Earthshaker's Blink Dagger, preventing him from initiating or re-initiating.
* Ravage, being an AoE disable, cancels Epicenter's channeling from a long range, limiting his potential to counter-initiate. * This can be remedied, however, by first using a Black King Bar, then channel Epicenter, then finally initiate with Blink Dagger.
* Razor's highly mobile nature allows him to control Lifestealer from a distance. As well, Lifestealer is already slow in comparison due to his lack of disables and move speed. Lifestealer is also an ideal target for Static Link, for its ability to pierce magic immunity and damage steal, which can render Lifestealer's Feast useless. * Plasma Field can slow Lifestealer from a distance and force him to cast Rage too early. * Eye of the Storm pierces magic immunity, deals physical damage, and reduces armor, allowing Razor to easily stand up to Lifestealer. Additional: * Static Link cannot be dispelled by Rage or Infest, so Razor will be able to track Lifestealer down during an attempted escape. * Storm Surge makes it hard for Lifestealer to catch Razor. * Static Link can stop Open Wounds from getting any additional lifesteal, but keep in mind Lifestealer can still utilize Feast. * Eye of the Storm penetrates the spell immunity of Rage.
* Kraken Shell dispels Fiend's Grip, wasting it easily. Additionally, in late game, it secures premature dispell of a level 4 Nightmare, in case of continuous Bane's rightclicks. * Enfeeble only reduces distance of Gush, but not of Anchor Smash or Ravage, and thanks again to Kraken Shell, is easily dispellable for him in team fights. * Ravage affects large area, effectively reaching Bane's spot for applying Fiend's Grip, even with Glimmer Cape, Aether Lens and/or Aghanim's Scepter. Additional: * Kraken Shell dispels Fiend's Grip, wasting it easily.
* Static Link is effective against Troll Warlord, as he mainly relies on attack speed more so than damage. * Static Link is even more effective if Troll Warlord used Battle Trance, as he has no way to break the link. Additional: * Static Link can drain most or all of Troll Warlord's damage, making him useless in a teamfight or unable to last hit in lane. This is especially effective during Battle Trance, because Troll has no option to cancel the link. * Storm Surge allows Razor to chase after or run away from Troll Warlord while doing damage with Eye of the Storm.
* Kraken Shell dispels Dual Breath, Ice Path, Liquid Frost, Liquid Fire and even Macropyre's Burn. * It also completely negates the damage from Liquid Fire and Ice path, while heavily reducing the damage from all of his other abilities * Jakiro is a naturally slow hero, Gush will allow you to easily catch him, while also reducing his Armor
* Kraken Shell dispels the stun from Paralyzing Cask. However, it does not dispel the damage from Maledict. * Once Witch Doctor first uses his Death Ward in team fights, Tidehunter can simply cancel it with Ravage, turning the tables against him, especially if Witch Doctor does not have a Black King Bar. * As a precaution, Witch Doctor should let Tidehunter use Ravage first before channeling Death Ward to turn a team fight in his favor.
* Razor's Plasma Field and the passive from Eye of the Storm can damage and clear Chen's creeps. * Chen has no escape mechanisms, making him easy prey for Static Link. * Eye of the Storm will rapidly strike Chen's creeps around Razor.
* Visage's Familiars cannot penetrate Kraken Shell and will do almost no damage to Tidehunter even with Medallion of Courage or Solar Crest. * Anchor Smash's bonus damage has the potential to kill Familiars.
* Heroes with wide AoE abilities will reveal Monkey King through Mischief: Necrophos, Phoenix, Alchemist, Earthshaker, Razor, Tinker, Leshrac, Queen of Pain
Additional: * Static Link can steal the bonus damage from Jingu Mastery and reduce the physical damage from Boundless Strike. It also reduces Wukong's Command's damage if it's used after stealing damage via Static Link. * Static Link will give Razor shared vision on Monkey King if he tries to escape using Tree Dance or Mischief. * Plasma Field can prevent Monkey King from using Tree Dance and Mischief. * Eye of the Storm will remove the armor buff from Wukong's Command, as well as hitting Monkey King during Mischief.
* Templar Assassin's Refraction will easily be removed by Eye of the Storm, and Static Link reveals Templar Assassin hiding with Meld and drain the bonus damage from Refraction.
Additional: * Razor's Eye of the Storm damage-over-time easily wear off Refraction charges, allowing Templar Assassin to be damaged. * Static Link empties Templar Assassin's damage output even with the bonus from Refraction, and will keep doing that even if the Razor cannot see her during Meld. * Plasma Field can easily strike her during Meld.
* Tidehunter with Kraken Shell when damage received reaches the threshold. * Heroes that can remove the Track debuff with their skills: * Abaddon with Aphotic Shield and Borrowed Time * Huskar with Life Break * Juggernaut with Blade Fury * Legion Commander with Press the Attack * Lifestealer with Rage and Infest * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Omniknight with Heavenly Grace * Oracle with Fortune's End and False Promise * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Slark with Dark Pact * Ursa with Enrage * Weaver with Time Lapse * Tidehunter with Kraken Shell when damage received reaches the threshold.
* Most summons and illusions can barely hurt Tidehunter at all, after their attacks get reduced by Anchor Smash and blocked by Kraken Shell: Nature's Prophet, Enigma * Also Ravage's large area of effect and damage can easily damage all those units at once, or just straight up clear them.
* Fury Swipes will keep stacking on Tidehunter since it cannot be dispelled by Kraken Shell and its bonus damage cannot be reduced by Anchor Smash. * Enrage dispels the slow from Gush, and if upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter, can even dispel Ravage's stun.
* Plasma Field can spot an Ursa sneaking into Roshan's pit * Static Link has a 800 link break distance, meaning Razor can stay close enough to drain Ursa' damage, but not too close to get attacked * Static Link cannot be dispelled by Enrage * With Storm Surge, Razor will usually be faster than Ursa in most cases * Eye of the Storm melts through Ursa's armor
* Razor has no way to deal with Chaos Knight's multiple illusions from Phantasm.
* Ravage damages and disables Chaos Knight and his illusions. * Anchor Smash deals respectable area damage, especially to Phantasms and lowers Chaos Knight's damage. * Kraken Shell dispels Chaos Bolt and Reality Rift while providing protection from damage.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.