* Weaver relies on Shukuchi to escape and kite enemy heroes. Slardar's Corrosive Haze lowers armor and reveals Weaver, who is already a very frail target. * Weaver usually builds Linken's Sphere, Corrosive Haze can be used to pop the spell block, additionally the level 25 undispellable talent will prevent Weaver from removing Corrosive Haze with Time Lapse, allowing allied heroes to use their abilities on Weaver. Additional: * Corrosive Haze lowers armor and reveals Weaver during Shukuchi, who is already a frail target. In addition, Weaver usually builds Linken's Sphere, and Corrosive Haze can be used to "pop" the spell block. His level 25 talent can also make Corrosive Haze undispellable by Time Lapse, which puts Weaver in an even worse situation. * Guardian Sprint can dodge Weaver's bugs with the movement speed bonus.
* Shadow Shaman's many disables can lock down Weaver. Even with Linken's Sphere, Weaver might not be able to escape should Shadow Shaman uses Shackles quickly enough following Hex. * Mass Serpent Wards can make short work of Weaver once he is locked down.
* Sprout with True Sight items (Sentry Ward or Dust of Appearance) make it possible to trap Weaver in lane, unless he buys Quelling Blade or until he unlocks Time Lapse. * The Swarm beetles can be destroyed with Nature's Prophet's Treants.
* A well-timed Fireblast with Multicast can prevent Weaver from escaping with Shukuchi and even Time Lapse. * Ignite's high damage early on applies heavy pressure onto Weaver's very small health pool. * However, the slow from Ignite is generally useless against Shukuchi, and Time Lapse dispels it if needed.
* Arcane Bolt has a long range and a low cooldown, and is a great spell to waste Linken's Sphere. It also serves as an effective spell to harass Weaver with. * Ancient Seal prevents Weaver from using Shukuchi or Time Lapse.
* Berserker's Call is one of the best ways to lock down Weaver before he has a chance to use Time Lapse. It can also catch Weaver in Shukuchi. * Weaver's high attack speed, along with high attack damage from Geminate Attack, triggers Counter Helix continuously and the output damage would be returned by Blade Mail. Additional: * Berserker's Call is one of the best ways to lock down Weaver before he has a chance to use Time Lapse. It can also catch Weaver in Shukuchi. * Due to his fast attack speed from Geminate Attack and items that give attack speed, Counter Helix will activate a lot, and the damage would be returned by Blade Mail, which hurts Weaver far more than it hurts Axe. * Culling Blade can finish off Weaver's low health pool before he escapes with Shukuchi and Time Lapse. * Battle Hunger is a good tool to pop Weaver's Linken's Sphere due to its low cooldown.
* Shukuchi will trigger extra damage from Rupture. * Shukuchi's invisibility is detected by Thirst. * Time Lapse cannot dispel Rupture, preventing Weaver from escaping ganks. However, smart Weaver will buy Linken's Sphere to counter this problem for him. Additional: * Rupture is particularly crippling against Weaver, who relies on high movement speed from Shukuchi to fight and escape, and it cannot be dispelled by Time Lapse. * Thirst detects Weaver through Shukuchi whenever his health is low. * Blood Rite combined with Rupture forces Weaver to either take damage from the latter, or to get silenced for a long duration.
* Weaver's exceptional ability to elude and survive through clashes and ganks is hard countered by Lion in every aspect. * Weaver is very mana dependent and has a rather small mana pool in the beginning of the game, of which Mana Drain can deplete and lessen his early game presence. * Earth Spike followed by Finger of Death in the huge majority of the time is enough to kill Weaver. * Earth Spike can be point targeted to hit through Shukuchi. * Hex's has a fair long duration, by which Weaver will not be able to deal damage, or even survive a coordinated attack, and it is single target, of which cannot be dodged. * Mana Drain easily breaks Linken's Sphere. Its low cooldown allows Lion to infinitely break it whenever it recharges. * Earth Spike and Hex when paired for the longer lengths of disables may diminish Time Lapse efficiency, possibly causing Weaver to not undo as much damage as he would.
* Shukuchi cannot help Weaver escape from Arena of Blood, and can most likely die if detected through invisibility. * If pinned to the arena's walls, Time Lapse tends to not be enough to save Weaver, as God's Rebuke can keep him burst down thanks to its damage scaling. * The Swarm and Geminate Attack are not enough to pierce through Bulwark.
* Heroes with high mobility can be prevented from using it to their advantage with Earthbind, even if they pack a dangerous arsenal: Earth Spirit, Ember Spirit, Storm Spirit, Nature's Prophet, Phantom Assassin, Riki, Anti-Mage, Weaver. * See items and abilities disabled by roots
* Heroes that avoid damage by coming in and out of invisibility in teamfights such as Weaver, Templar Assassin, and Riki will be easy for Zeus to reveal with Lightning Bolt and Thundergod's Wrath, but these heroes usually have other ways to avoid his damage or kill him, so he is not a perfect counter alone.
Additional: * Arc Lightning has a low cooldown can used to pop his Linken's Sphere. * Lightning Bolt or (Nimbus upgraded from Aghanim's Scepter) detects Weaver during Shukuchi, preventing his ganks. * Thundergod's Wrath can kill Weaver quickly before he can cast his Time Lapse at low health.
* Winter Wyvern's Arctic Burn can also be a useful tool against Centaur, who generally has very high health. Winter's Curse on Centaur can cause Retaliate to damage allies who are forced to attack him.
* Frostbite will reveal invisible heroes for its duration, making it a good tool against any such hero (Riki, Bounty Hunter, Weaver, or Clinkz for example), or as a soft counter to Shadow Blade, if it is used first. This can be an amazing tool to ensure that Dust of Appearance is used on the unit in question, and not wasted in not catching anything.
* Weaver has poor health, relying on Shukuchi and Time Lapse to survive, With Jakiro's considerable arsenal of stuns, Weaver cannot initiate on Jakiro without being punished heavily or even killed in return. * While difficult, Ice Path can catch Weaver during Shukuchi, And since Shukuchi only lasts 4 seconds while Ice Path's stun lasts 3.5, the stun from Ice Path will strip him of his escape. * Weaver has to be very careful casting Time Lapse around Jakiro, as it could very easily put him inside of a Macropyre or Ice Path.
* Heroes with good mobility to avoid Jakiro's abilities and with good chase to punish Jakiro from pushing a tower: Bloodseeker, Ember Spirit, Juggernaut, Phantom Assassin, Weaver.
* The long silence of Crippling Fear at night prevents Weaver from using his Shukuchi or Time Lapse. * With Dark Ascension and Gem of True Sight, Night Stalker can easily find and probably kill Weaver. * Hunter In the Night's attack speed bonus removes The Swarm's beetles very quickly.
* Heroes that are hard to gank: Dragon Knight, Mars, Centaur Warrunner.
* Luna's Moon Glaives will not trigger Retaliate if they hit some other target first. Also Luna commonly buys items that provide lifesteal such as Satanic, which lets her heal from the damage of Retaliate, meaning that Retaliate has limited effect against her. * Eclipse can be used to counter-initiate against Centaur Warrunner after he jumps in with Blink Dagger, and initiates with Hoof Stomp. But remember that Centaur Warrunner can resolve this problem by buying Hood of Defiance and it's upgrade Pipe of Insight to diminish its damage. Or Blade Mail to reflect the damage of the Eclipse back at Luna. * Luna also commonly buys Black King Bar, which will allow her to protect herself from both, Centaur Warrunner's abilities (except for the Retaliate), and damage reflect from Blade Mail. Additional: * Luna's Moon Glaives will not trigger Retaliate if they hit some other target first. Also Luna commonly buys items that provide lifesteal such as Satanic, which lets her heal from the damage of Retaliate, meaning that Retaliate has little effect against her. * Eclipse can be used to counter-initiate against Centaur Warrunner after he jumps in with Blink Dagger, and initiates with Hoof Stomp. But remember that Centaur Warrunner can resolve this problem by buying Hood of Defiance and it's upgrade Pipe of Insight to diminish its damage. Or Blade Mail to reflect the damage of the Eclipse back at Luna. * Luna also commonly buys Black King Bar, which will allow her to protect herself from both, Centaur Warrunner's abilities (except for the Retaliate), and damage reflect from Blade Mail.
* Time Dilation while Shukuchi and Geminate Attack are on cooldown will make these abilities unusable for a long time, reducing Weaver's escape potential. * Chronosphere will reveal Weaver during Shukuchi. Additional: * The wide range of Chronosphere makes it difficult for Weaver to avoid it with Shukuchi and, once caught, his low survivability makes him an easy kill. * With no significant source of burst damage, it is easy for Void to survive combat with Weaver using Time Walk. * Time Dilation will prevent Weaver from using Shukuchi or force him to use Time Lapse to dispel the debuff and re-engage.
* Heroes that can stop Faceless Void from leaping around the fight and controlling its outcome are very strong against him. Heroes such as: Axe, Centaur Warrunner, Doom...
* Strong escape combo abilities from Spirit Breaker Charge of Darkness and Bulldoze can easily catch Shukuchi from Weaver. Since Spirit Breaker build Aghanim's Scepter, Charge of Darkness is very fast able to reach catch Weaver trying it. * Time Lapse also affected Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike. Additional: * Shukuchi vision can easily target Charge of Darkness before Weaver purchase Linken's Sphere.
* Heroes that usually build Linken's Sphere as either a core or situational item: Weaver, Medusa, Morphling, Queen of Pain, Storm Spirit, Luna, Naga Siren.
* A well-timed Gust will prevent Weaver from escaping, and a silenced Weaver usually dies very quickly. * Weaver gains a lot of armor, which is bypassed by Marksmanship. Additional: * A well-timed Gust followed by Frost Arrows will prevent Weaver from escaping with Shukuchi. A Weaver silenced for more than 3 seconds usually dies very quickly. * Due to her high attack speed, Drow Ranger can easily kill The Swarm beetles.
* Heroes who have low or high armor but very high health will be difficult for drow to burst down quickly: Primal Beast, Axe, Centaur Warrunner.
* Shukuchi can break Static Link with little trouble. * Time Lapse can easily be used to avoid damage from Plasma Field and can recover the damage done from Static Link and Eye of the Storm. * Eye of the Storm can't kill bugs from The Swarm.
* Centaur can use Stampede to break Static Link. It also prevents Razor from chasing Centaur Warruner or his teammates with Eye of the Storm, and Plasma Field's slow will do nothing to slow them down.
* Heroes with one single-target abilities such as Wraith King, Necrophos, or Doom will struggle against Weaver's Linken Sphere.
* Stampede can be used to free an ally from the grasp of Doom. Without any means of effective lockdown, kills can be difficult to secure when against an enemy Centaur Warrunner. Also, Centaur's tendency to have lots of health and HP regen tend to help counter Doom. Additional: * Whenever Doom casts his ultimate, Centaur Warrunner can cast Stampede and allow the Doomed hero to run away, wasting Doom's ultimate.
* Shukuchi allows Weaver to close the gap between himself and Sniper with high speed, and to maneuver through teamfights to get on top of him. * A combination of The Swarm and Desolator tears through Sniper's low armor.
* Heroes who have high health are a problem for Sniper because he likes to attack the closest target and sit at the back, much like a Terrorblade so when that hero doesn't die; he's forced to show his position for a very long time: Centaur Warrunner, Legion Commander, Primal Beast.
Additional: * Headshot and Shrapnel slow is ineffective against a team with haste (which Stampede gives). * Commonly picked up mobility items and hasted movement during his Stampede (as well as his high health pool) make him extremely hard to kill from a distance, damaging Sniper with Retaliate and Blade Mail if he has one. * A low health pool and no escape mechanism makes him an easy target for Centaur Warrunner's burst damage and initiation (even making his team possible initiators with Stampede).
* A well-timed use of The Swarm provides vision over heroes with high mobility: Anti-Mage, Arc Warden, Dark Seer.
* Arc Warden cannot take Centaur Warrunner very easily, and his nukes are not strong enough to deal with Centaur Warrunner. * Centaur Warrunner deals huge AoE damage and applies an AoE disable through Hoof Stomp, affecting the double as well the main Arc Warden. * Magnetic Field is not very effective against melee heroes. And to make things worse, Magnetic Field also increases Arc Warden and his allies's attack speed, meaning Retaliate will deal more damage. * Stampede catches Arc Warden easily due to his lack of escape mechanisms. However, Arc Warden can counter this problem with Gleipnir, which is a common item on Arc Warden.
* Heroes whose core item builds includes Monkey King Bar: Faceless Void, Windranger, Weaver, Juggernaut.
* As Terrorblade's damage output comes mainly from direct attacks, he will struggle greatly against heroes who have abilities that give evasion, trigger on attack or which can disarm an enemy hero: Centaur Warrunner, Hoodwink, Huskar, Invoker, Leshrac with Nihilism from Aghanim's Scepter, Lifestealer with Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Infest, Pangolier, Phantom Assassin, Pugna, Techies, Windranger etc.
* Pangolier will proc Retaliate several times if he attempts to use Swashbuckle on Centaur Warrunner. * Centaur can cast Stampede to allow all of his allies to easily avoid Rolling Thunder. * Centaur's tankiness makes it hard for Pangolier to burst him down in the late game. Additional: * When Swashbuckle hits Centaur Warrunner, Retaliate will deal significant damage, as it procs off every strike made. * Stampede helps allies avoid or disengage from Pangolier during Rolling Thunder, as well as neutralizing the slow debuff from Lucky Shot.
* Hoof Stomp and Double Edge can often burst down Phantom Assassin from early to mid game. * Retaliate makes it very unlikely for Phantom Assassin to win the lane against Warrunner. Double Edge can also be used to wear her down, as she has a much smaller health pool than that of Centaur Warrunner until purchasing a Ring of Health. Stifling Dagger will also trigger Retaliate and Blur cannot evade Retaliate. * Centaur Warrunner's tankiness in combination with armour items that Centaur Warrunner often purchases like Blade Mail, Crimson Guard, Assault Cuirass and Shiva's Guard can make Phantom Assassin's attacks only tickle Centaur Warrunner. * Centaur Warrunner just has to be careful about Fan of Knives from Aghanim's Shard and Coup De Grace, as Fan of Knives can disable Retaliate even if Centaur Warrunner is spell immune. Additional: * Hoof Stomp and Double Edge can often burst down Phantom Assassin from early to mid game. * Retaliate makes it very unlikely for Phantom Assassin to win the lane against Warrunner. Double Edge can also be used to wear her down, as she has a much smaller health pool than that of Centaur Warrunner until purchasing a Ring of Health. Stifling Dagger will also trigger Retaliate and Blur cannot evade Retaliate. * Centaur Warrunner's tankiness in combination with armour items that Axe often purchases like Blade Mail, Crimson Guard, Assault Cuirass and Shiva's Guard can make Phantom Assassin's attacks only tickle Centaur Warrunner. * Centaur Warrunner just has to be careful about Fan of Knives from Aghanim's Shard and Coup De Grace, as Fan of Knives can disable Retaliate even if Centaur Warrunner is spell immune.
* Stampede can help his teammates escape from Windrun and Focus Fire. * Retaliate will shred through Windranger's health if she chooses to attack him during Focus Fire. Additional: * Focus Fire grants Windranger a massive attack speed bonus, while her attack damage is generally quite low. This, combined with Windranger's low health pool and armor, makes Retaliate do absolutely massive damage over a short time, making Centaur a hero she can never expect to kill or harass. * Windrun grants evasion, but Centaur Warrunner does not rely on successful attacks in order to do damage. Hoof Stomp, Double Edge, and Stampede all do large amounts of magical damage and can completely demolish Windranger in a moment.
* Shukuchi grants Weaver invisibility and a high degree of mobility for a short time, which can make him a difficult target to hook. * The Swarm beetles are difficult for Pudge to remove, due to his low base attack time and poor agility. Additionally, it can be used to can scout out Pudge's location. * Should an ally get snagged by Meat Hook, Weaver can use Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Time Lapse on them to send them back to where they were before hooked, even if Pudge has already started to Dismember them. Additional: * While Weaver is in Shukuchi, Rot doesn't slow him and Meat Hook is easy to avoid. * Even when hooked, Weaver can use Time Lapse, negating both the damage and displacement. * Pudge has low armor and low attack speed, making him susceptible to The Swarm and physical attacks. * Dismember is easy to block with Linken's Sphere and it's the only way to break Weaver's Linken Sphere. * However, the long duration stun of Dismember can be dangerous for Weaver.
* Earthshock's slow is ignored by Shukuchi. * Ursa can be kited with Shukuchi and his burst damage will be negated with Time Lapse as long as Weaver survives it. * The Swarm breaks Ursa's Blink Dagger, forcing him to deal with the beetles. Additional: * The swarm beetle can waste Ursa's Overpower attacks. * Ursa has no inherent way of disabling a slippery Weaver by preventing him from Shukuchiing or Time Lapseing away, as the slow from Earthshock is useless against Shukuchi's haste effect.
* A good Centaur can catch Queen of Pain with a Blink Dagger and Hoof Stomp. * Retaliate with Blade Mail reflects all of Queen of Pain's damage, especially Sonic Wave. * Stampede grants a movement speed bonus, which can prevent Queen of Pain from initiating. * Double Edge can shred her low health pool if she's not careful.
* Shukuchi allows Weaver to have faster movement speed and can outrun Primal Beast in most instances, such as while he is trampling. * Trample disarms Primal Beast, so casting The Swarm can make him vulnerable to ranged attacks. Primal Beast also has an innately slow attack speed and will take a long time destroying the bugs. * Time Lapse allows Weaver to negate and heal burst damage, which Primal Beast is reliant on.
* Brewmaster is slow and has low armor, making his laning stage very difficult against Geminate Attack. * Apart from the slow moving Hurl Boulder, which can be disjointed, he has no control to catch Weaver.
* Shukuchi ignores slows and allows Weaver to escape Viper's onslaught. * Time Lapse dispels Poison Attack and Corrosive Skin and undoes poison damage. * Weaver's high burst damage allows him to kill Viper before being killed.
* Marci's Dispose is blocked by Linken's Sphere which is a common item for Weaver. * Shukuchi allows Weaver to escape from Rebound slow. * The swarm beetle require 4 hits to kill. Weaver can use it on her when she use Unleash. This give Marci a hard choice: ignore The swarm and her armor keep decreasing or kill the beetle and wasting 4 attacks of Unleash.
* Cold Feet is extremely easy to nullify with Shukuchi. * Ice Vortex does not slow Weaver in Shukuchi. * Time Lapse will still affect his health, even when hit by Ice Blast. * Ancient Apparition has no escapes or saves and is very squishy, making him an easy target for Weaver to get on top of. Additional: * Time Lapse allows Weaver (or an ally if upgraded with Aghanim's Scepter) to regain HP while affected by Ice Blast. * Shukuchi completely ignores the slow from Ice Vortex and helps him escape the freeze range of Cold Feet.
* Weaver doesn't care much about Lich's slows thanks to Shukuchi. * If he sees Chain Frost is targeting him, he can easily isolate himself with Shukuchi so that it stops bouncing around. * Unless Lich bursts Weaver immediately, Lich has no hard disables or silences to prevent him from using Time Lapse.
* Centaur's Retaliate will harm all attacking enemies, which will allow Centaur Warrunner to see which is the real Naga Siren. * A well timed Hoof Stomp followed by Double Edge will clear all Naga's illusions and prevent Naga Siren from escaping with Song of the Siren.
* Hoof Stomp and Double Edge makes short work of Phantom Lancer's illusions. * Retaliate together with Blade Mail reflects Phanton Lancer's damage and quickly destroys his illusions. Additional: * His illusions will kill themselves in a few hits because of Retaliate. The nukes from Hoof Stomp and Double-Edge should be enough to clear them for a large portion of the game * Centaur Warrunner's small mana pool makes Diffusal Blade's damage much lower once Centaur doesn't have any more mana left to burn. Keep in mind that Double Edge does not cost mana. * Be wary when chasing down Phantom Lancer. Hoof Stomp's terrible cast time makes it quite easy to dodge with Doppelganger.
* Weaver can easily kill Chen's creeps and kite Chen with The Swarm and Shukuchi. * Neither Chen nor his converted creeps have burst damage at all, so Weaver will always have plenty of time to save himself with Time Lapse or his allies with Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Time Lapse.
* Weaver can run away after killing Wraith King once thanks to Shukuchi. * Wraithfire Blast is quite predictable. If Weaver is quick, he will disjoint it with Shukuchi and proceed to chase Wraith King down. * Shukuchi does have a fade time. They cannot disjoint it if you use it right next to them. They will be stunned and take damage; however they will still become invisible if they used Shukuchi before the stun hits. * Weaver can easily harass Wraith King out of his lane thanks to his high base damage and Geminate Attack. * Weaver can burn Wraith King's mana quickly with his Mana Break or Diffusal Blade, until Wraith King purchases Aghanim's Shard to remove Reincarnation's manacost. Additional: * Wraithfire Blast is easy to disjoint with Shukuchi or Time Lapse, and it's the only way to break Weaver's Linken Sphere. * Wraith King has no other disables and no mobility, allowing Weaver to chase or escape Wraith King as he wishes. * With the Mana Break talent and Diffusal Blade, Weaver can prevent Reincarnation from triggering until Wraith King gets his shard.
* Axe, Bristleback, Centaur Warrunner, Spirit Breaker, Pudge, Huskar, Wraith King: These heroes are too tanky for Puck to burst down. Also, all of them have spells which can deal with and shut Puck down reliably.
* Enigma lacks burst damage, and that makes him vulnerable to heroes who can recover themselves and turn the fight around to their advantage after Enigma finishes his initiation: Faceless Void, Terrorblade, Ursa, Weaver, Broodmother, Slark, Abaddon, Wraith King, Lifestealer.
* You can potentially kill a fragile Weaver by using Disruption during Shukuchi with a well-placed Sentry Ward, wasting the Shukuchi. But odds are he'll wait to get low health, Time Lapse the damage away and Shukuchi away once more.
* Heroes with long cast animations can be continuously interrupted by Battery Assault: Centaur Warrunner, Jakiro, Leshrac, Naga Siren, Underlord.
Additional: * Battery Assault easily interrupts Centaur Warrunner due to his poor cast animation. * Power Cogs can negate Stampede.
* Clockwerk lacks burst damage, and that makes him vulnerable to heroes who can recover themselves and turn the fight around to their advantage after Clockwerk finishes his initiation. Additionally, Clockwerk hates buying Dagon and Ethereal Blade, which are the only itmes that can help him deal with heroes who can recover themselves and turn the fight around to their advantage: Faceless Void, Terrorblade, Ursa, Weaver, Broodmother, Slark, Abaddon, Wraith King, Lifestealer.
* Bounty Hunter has a cheap way to break Linken's Sphere and keep track of Weaver while he is using Shukuchi, though both can be dispelled with Time Lapse.
* Weaver with Time Lapse * Heroes that can remove the Track debuff with their skills: * Abaddon with Aphotic Shield and Borrowed Time * Huskar with Life Break * Juggernaut with Blade Fury * Legion Commander with Press the Attack * Lifestealer with Rage and Infest * Naga Siren with Mirror Image * Omniknight with Heavenly Grace * Oracle with Fortune's End and False Promise * Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger * Slark with Dark Pact * Ursa with Enrage * Weaver with Time Lapse * Tidehunter with Kraken Shell when damage received reaches the threshold.
* Heroes that have high health but little to no magic resistance are easy prey for Necrophos, as no matter how high they build their health up, Reaper's Scythe will kill them outright as long as they fall under a certain threshold, and Heartstopper Aura will deal the same amount of damage regardless, decaying their health the longer they stay within range. As such, Strength heroes like Chaos Knight, Centaur Warrunner or Magnus are good targets for his ultimate.
Additional: * With high health and rarely buying Linken's Sphere or Black King Bar, Centaur Warrunner is a good target for Reaper's Scythe. However, Centaur Warrunner can resolve this problem by buying Hood of Defiance and it's upgrade Pipe of Insight to diminish its damage. * Heartstopper Aura will do well against high health heroes such as Centaur Warrunner.
* Heroes with one single-target abilities such as Wraith King, Necrophos, or Doom will struggle against Weaver's Linken Sphere.
* Centaur Warrunner's active abilities cannot pierce magic immunity. Hoof Stomp's slow wind up can also be anticipated and negated with Rage. * Lifestealer can offset Retaliate's damage return simply with Feast. Centaur's high strength gain and therefore big health pool makes him an ideal target to Feast on, especially in the late-game. Additional: * Feast is an effective tool against Centaur Warrunner, who generally has high health and low armor, and compensates the reflected damage of Retaliate. * If activated, Rage can protect Lifestealer from Hoof Stomp, Double Edge, and Stampede.
* Though The Swarm can be blocked by Rage, it can be used to lower Lifestealer's already low armor, making him even more vulnerable to physical damage while Rage is on cooldown. * Lifestealer has no strong disables on his own and thus cannot catch up with nor escape from Weaver's Shukuchi. * Lifestealer's reliance on meticulous auto-attacks will not help against Time Lapse, which can undo Lifestealer's already slow build-up of damage. Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Time Lapse can also be used to save allies from getting killed by Lifestealer, but that will require targeting the allied hero rather than just pressing the button that will trigger the Time Lapse. Additional: * Open Wounds's slow is ignored by Shukuchi. * Lifestealer has no other lockdown and relies on being on top of enemies; Weaver can kite him with ease.
* Spiked Carapace allows Nyx to get an easy long-duration stun on Weaver once he uses Shukuchi, and then he can follow up with Impale. * Vendetta works as a great setup for both Impale and Spiked Carapace and can deal decent damage to Weaver. Additionally he can neutralize The Swarm beetles due to his invisibility duration.
* Centaur's low Intelligence makes Mind Flare do low damage. * With some creative skill builds, Centaur's Hoof Stomp stun duration should always last longer than Spiked Carapace stun, so escaping unscathed is hard for Nyx. * With Blink Dagger and detection, Centaur can devastate Nyx in the open. * However, bear in mind that Nyx can also easily initiate on Centaur Warrunner as well if he uses Spiked Carapace in anticipation, and with Vendetta. The damage from Retaliate will be reflected back to Centaur Warrunner, stunning him with no chance to react after he's revealed himself, and should guarantee a successful Impale.
To start select enemy heroes in the field above.
It's intended to be used with multiple heroes. The more enemy heroes you provide the better results you will
This website was made to help you in pick stage of online game Dota 2.
It calculates rating for each possible counterpicks based on tips from web-based database made up entirely of
Dota 2 wiki.
You will get the list of recommended hero counters with a list of tips written by Dota 2 wiki contributors
explaining why it's good against the particular hero. In comparison to other similar websites, which show only
rating based on average hero win rate from dotabuff or similar service.
How to interpret this data
Take it with a bit of grain of salt, especially if the recommendation has a low rating (<= 1), some heroes
may win a lane in an early game but would lose in late game (and vice versa). That's why sometimes
you could hero names appearing as a counter and as being countered, as on image:
You can also add your own tips, update old data and fix mistakes by editing page on Dota 2 Wiki (it works like
Wikipedia - anyone can contribute, you don't even need to register) these edits will appear on this website
automatically (data is updated several times per week).
Right now there is no app/overlay that will detect picks automatically (like overwolf dota plus or become the
gamer), instead, you can open web version in a steam in-game browser or use mobile version on your smartphone.
Results now also sorted both by rating and average hero win rate for the chosen rank (data from dotabuff)
There are a lot more features to come including:
importing picks from dotabuff/opendota URL or matchid
sorting by personal win rate after logging via steam
dota overlay(like Overwolf Dota Plus) that will automatically detect picks and bans
this will also bring synergy and ban suggestion based on opponent recent games and most played/highest win
(but don't expect it soon).
Sharing link to this site is always appreciated.
Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. This site is not affiliated with Valve Corporation. All
game images and names are property of Valve Corporation.